Wipe Out Global Warming: Sheryl Crow Proposes Limits On Toilet Paper

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Hey heathers < smirk> , what do you girls make of this??
- Prometheus: A Little Testy at RealClimate Archives

I mean , Mann is one of the leaders of the man-made AGW school of thought . You kidz get a little nervous that he's this disengenous?

I see that JQB is being as repetitious as ever. I'll have to remind him, from an older thread on global warming "Global Warming Alarmists ...", that a blog never was, is not now, nor ever will be a primary news source by definition. He is only famously and brilliantly posting ignorance.

A blog is not a new source; it's an opinion page.

What was that awhile back about LWers supposedly reading "blog tripe" (JQB's words)... So they should move from one blog tripe to another?

As for these references to "kewlkids" and "heathers", isn't that rather immature and pathetic? You honestly think the issue of global warming reduces down to popular opinion? What's worse is that you believe we're all back in high school or have the desire to act as though we were. Boo hoo - everyone's picking on JQB simply because they disagree with him and don't buy into his political ideology.

"Heathers" - how old are you? That's quite a dated reference, at least 20 years old at this point. If you grew up with the movie Heathers during your formative years, then you must be at least 30 years old. If you're still replaying high school dynamics in your mind at this point in your life, grow up and move on!

In the "real world", grown ups take stewardship and responsibility for their actions and creations. While JQB replays high school dynamics in his head, we grown ups will worry about how to live harmoniously with and preserve our envionment for the future.

Full_Phil

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm too small minded to give a shit about that. I care about the more immediate future of passing along a livable life to future generations, because I have a daughter, and she may one day have kids---

I have no children, but how can you NOT be scared for future generations?

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I see that JQB is being as repetitious as ever. I'll have to remind him, from an older thread on global warming "Global Warming Alarmists ...", that a blog never was, is not now, nor ever will be a primary news source by definition. He is only famously and brilliantly posting ignorance."

WHEW! how much more ignorant can you get??

When Freddie gets done his homework assignment of reading the 3 blogs, he will tell you that vitrually every bit of relevant research and every important news article and is linked and discussed on the blogs.

Then you and he can occupy yer big yaps by eating a nice big dish of crow. < chuckle>

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You honestly think the issue of global warming reduces down to popular opinion?

Why not? Most everyone else seems to think so. As a political question, that is pretty much exactly what it reduces to.

As a scientific question, no. But that's why the fans keep telling us, incorrectly, that the scientific "debate" is over; then they can ignore it and concentrate on the political question. And that's a fight for votes; the more ignorant, and (ideally) the more enthusiastic, the voter, the easier it will be to enact The Agenda.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God

When Freddie gets done his homework assignment of reading the 3 blogs, he will tell you that vitrually every bit of relevant research and every important news article and is linked and discussed on the blogs.

If a blog is hyperlinked to other news articles, then the news articles are secondary sources to the primary research. The blog itself, therefore becomes a tertiary source. Even more, it's just an aggregate of opinions, both informed and misinformed...

To aid your understanding of what constitutes a primary source, I refer you to wikipedia : Primary source - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Get yer top hat and tails , your little tap dance is amusing!!

I'm guessing you looked at the blogs, figgured what an ass you made of yourself by dissing them , and are now desparately doing the damge control two step!!

LAFF

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
BUSH ANNOUNCES PLANS TO CURB GLOBAL WARMING.
He wants big polluters like Exxon Mobil to purchase something called carbon offsets, whereby they can still pollute as much as they like as long as they buy offsetting carbon credits. The carbon credits can be purchased from Halliburton or the Carlyle group.

And nobody will monitor either to make sure they truly do 'offset' current usage.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Point of order. If you fail to put smilies in, they'll think you're serious. Smileys are the visual equivalent of a laugh track.

oh come on BD... with the crap that JQ posts on a routine basis you can't honestly expect anyone to know when he's joking and when he's being serious. That's asking a bit much. Even you have to concede that point, don't you?

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
random thoughts

1) White people came from where it's cold. So if the joint heats up maybe we can eventually get rid of them.

2) If we had preserved the dinosaurs we wouldn't have oil.

3) I think I know now why Lance dumped Sheryl.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oh come on BD... with the crap that JQ posts on a routine basis you can't honestly expect anyone to know when he's joking and when he's being serious. That's asking a bit much. Even you have to concede that point, don't you?

NIC,
Its easy to figure that out. Everything JQ says is a joke.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
It's not easy to convey smugness or self-satisfaction in print, but I probably am doing more than anyone else on LPSG to be energy efficient. No one else has demonstrated they've done anything at all, other than rant.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First, the number of highly visible global events caused by GW will be coming fast and furious. If the tipping point for societal awareness and acceptance of human induced GW is not already here, it will be in the next year or so.

Unfortunately, all the "boy who cried 'Global Warming'" theatrics with which we've been bombarded the last few years will make it much harder for actual evidence to be even alarming, let alone convincing.

I read an article a few days ago about a species of jellyfish which had just been seen in a new area. The headline confidently blared that GW was the cause of the spread of this creature's range. The article itself didn't say anything about it, though, except to quote some Eminent Man saying that the jellyfish was sensitive to temperature, and guessing that something might perhaps have warmed the water in the area where the little bugger had just been found. He didn't mention anything about actual measurements of water temperatures - a curious omission.

Now this only counts as a "highly visible" event to those of us who take an interest in things like marine invertebrates. Jellyfish are sensitive to a lot more than temperature; salinity, wind & water currents, parasites, presence of food, etc. And, perhaps more importantly, randomness. Jellyfish don't appear like mosquitos at certain times of the year - some years they don't appear at all, other years we're buried in them. This I know to be the case from my own observations of jellyfish over many years - I don't need some geek reporter or pop musician to tell me about the habits of jellyfish. The Eminent Man would of course know all that, and he wasn't dumb enough to drag GW into it himself. But the reporter certainly was dumb enough. So we have yet another alarm with nothing at all behind it. It's deteriorated to the point that it's a mere pleasantry, down there with the usual casual, everyday gripes about the weather - after this year, the phrase "global warming" is going to mean a serious cold snap. It's gone from panic to joke, all without serious evidence and coherent argument ever even being presented. The more we're bombarded with blatant PR and political bloviation, the further we'll have to travel before even serious evidence is taken seriously.

This is an obvious consequence of the effort to substitute enthusiasm for science. It's been done before, but it never works well.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

When Sheryl Crow goes on tour,she has 3 tractor-trailers,2 buses and a few other vehicles.What is SHE talking about?

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well from the majority of posts I see we are fucking doomed. When Ice Sheets the size of Rhode Island (37 miles by 43 miles) break off the Polar Ice caps something going on, ya think. Besides it;s probably to late to fix anything we should just keep making things worse for our kids and there kids.

What toilet paper has to do with global warming is beyond me. more like all the freaking farts causing to much methane.