Wireless Frustration

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got that Netgear WPN834 (sp?) MimoG router today.

I've put a USB cable from the old router to the main PC. Then an ethernet from 'old router' into the new router.

I thought this would work. After messing around with it, sometimes I would get no connection in the office comp (even though all lights were on on the old router...). ONCE I got the wireless working here (connecting to Netgear I mean).

Now the office is working, but my wireless only works if I connect to the old router. If I connect to the new router, I get a DNS/server cannot be found error.

Another thing annoying me is that the signal from the new router is only SLIGHTLY better than from the old router...that has two bars, the old one has one.

I've tried practically every configuration (I think) but can't get it to work. I've also tried Ethernet from the old router to the Netgear and then an Ethernet from the office comp to the Netgear but that didn't work.

Also, I can't access the router's config page. I tried 192.168.0.1 but it timed out. Once when I was in the old router's setup (192.168.1.1) I went into Remote Access and it asked me to login to the Netgear router. Which I did but then I got a 404 error.

Furthermore, there is no password on the Netgear network. And I can't get onto the setup page to set one. So can anyone help me? Give me a step-by-step guide?

FYI this is only an 'access point' router without ADSL. The old router is what the ADSL line goes through.

Help please :mad: this is really frustrating!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I should add its a refurb and I don't have a manual or any contact info with it :redface:

Guess I'll hunt down the number online though. Anyone want to help here though? :tongue:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
You are on your own sunshine! I told you not to go through with that transaction.

You remember when I said 'flakey' - Hah!!

Actually, I'd love to help you, hon, but I'm working and it is a bit complicated via this medium. Get tech support on the phone or send the fucker back and get the all in one like I said.

My advice:
Send it to the cemetery!! (I'll lend you a gun)

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:mad:

It cost me £50 AND I bought the wrong RAM which I'm now reselling on ebay. Fucking hell. I'm so unlucky when it comes to PC paraphenalia.

I'm thinking of returning it or maybe reselling it...:mad:

It is flakey though, very temperamental. At least I just bought 1GB RAM for £12...its IBM Branded but its still 400Mhz PC3200 CL3 so it should still work?

I should have just left the computer as it is! lol so much fuckin about. I'll mess about with it a bit more then probably end up sending it back :(

Woe is me.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
:mad:

It cost me £50 AND I bought the wrong RAM which I'm now reselling on ebay. Fucking hell. I'm so unlucky when it comes to PC paraphenalia.

I'm thinking of returning it or maybe reselling it...:mad:

Shoot it! You'll feel better...

It is flakey though, very temperamental. At least I just bought 1GB RAM for £12...its IBM Branded but its still 400Mhz PC3200 CL3 so it should still work?

Fucked if I know - these things are less picky than they used to be.. at a guess, yes - but it can depend on what is already in there.

I should have just left the computer as it is! lol so much fuckin about. I'll mess about with it a bit more then probably end up sending it back :(

Woe is me.

Woe indeed - poor SLB - listen to me next time - I am wise! :wink:

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wise AND stacked :tongue:

Anyway I've packaged the piece of shit back up now. I paid £49 for it so I might just say £50 Buy It Now...they don't do returns.

Can't be arsed fuckin about with it.

Yeah I think/HOPE the RAM will work, just in the description they said it might not but I think they meant if its the wrong type like DDR2 (which I bought at first lol...it was 1am, I was tired).

Wish me luck in selling this piece of shit! Merci beaucoup