Wis. father on trial in girl's faith-healing death

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

Wis. father on trial in girl's faith-healing death

By ROBERT IMRIE, Associated Press Writer Robert Imrie, Associated Press Writer – Sat Jul 25, 7:56 am ET

This makes me so angry and sad at the same time. Diabetes is one of the most treatable diseases there is. I hate to poke fun at anothers beliefs; but this was a stupid and unnecessary death. :mad:

Yes, I believe that God has the power to heal; but I also believe he gave us doctors, nurses, and EMT's to act as his angels here on earth. Prescription drugs such as insulin, nitroglycerin, or zoloft are here to assist these earthbound angels.

I was raised in a Christian home as you may have guessed; but one of the things which was also emphasized at church and home was that 'God helps those who help themselves' and sometimes you have to meet him half way. You can't just sit on your behind waiting for God to do everything for you. Sometimes you need to go out and create your own miracles. :mad: :irked:

2. Principessa

Gold Member

* bump! *

3. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    If adults want to gamble their own lives in a test of THEIR FAITH, it's their right and they can have at it. To gamble a non-consenting child's life as a test of the PARENTS' FAITH is criminal, in my opinion. Of course, they probably draw their justification/rationalization from the story of Abraham.
    Dave

4. UpwardCurve

UpwardCurve New Member

This reminds me of an anecodote that will smith's son said in the movie"Pursuit of Happiness" about a guy drowning and he prayed that God would save him, and several people in boats came by, but he rejected their help, since he believed God would save him directly, and when he finally died, he asked God why he didnt help, and God said "what are you talking about i sent you all the help you needed!"

5. Krusader

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sad case

6. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Religion is inherently delusional.
    ANY credence given it will always lead some minority into giving religious idiocy FULL and ABSOLUTE credence.

The only solution to this kind of thing is for folks to STOP indoctrinating their children with religious claptrap.

It is high time that any reasonably intelligent human being be made to feel too embarrassed to even admit to religious belief.

7. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
  8. Channelwood

Channelwood New Member

http://whatstheharm.net is a database of similar instances of the harm caused by any variety of superstitious practices and beliefs, including numerous criminal acts of child neglect by religious zealots.

You may choose to believe anything you wish. Your beliefs end where your child's nose begins. Failing to care for a grievously ill child is as criminal as beating him to death. (The second perpetrator of criminal infant abuse this year is about to be charged in my community.)

Draft saved Draft deleted