Wisdom teeth: 3, Me: 0

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Pendlum, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey guys. So I got my wisdom teeth removed recently, and my face is all bloated. :( I also have a bruise under my eye from it, like my dentist decked me while I was under. Good thing my right upper never developed otherwise I'd have two bruises!

Anyway just saying hi again. How was your guys' week?

2. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    glad you made it thru ok.....the swelling and puffiness should go down in a week or so....just be glad you aren't like me..... I had 5 of those bastards.

3. omgiswatdeysay

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Got any good pharmaceuticals for that? Sounds like you had a fun time, lol jk.

4. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've got vicoden, ibuprofen, and antibiotics. So far the vicoden just makes me sleepy. :p

5? Wow, I've never heard of that. You must be very wise then. :p Luckily the bruise doesn't hurt at all, but it looks like it does. It's really dark and purple/blue. Where was the 5th one anyways?

5. Principessa

Gold Member

OMG! So did I. :eek: My bf at the time was a dentist and said that is rare; but not totally unheard of. No, I did not let my then bf pull them, I went to an oral surgeon. :tongue: My extra one was impacted on the upper right side. It was literally coming in perpendicular to my wisdom tooth. Where was your extra one?

6. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Another bad thing about having 5 is the cost. The bill listed it as $475/tooth!

7. Principessa

Gold Member

I didn't have mine pulled all at once. I had them pulled as they came in and hurt. :frown1: I know the first was pulled when I was a junior in high school and the 4th & 5th were done on my 21st birthday because that was my last day of dental coverage on my mom's insurance plan. The job I had at the time didn't have dental. :12: I honestly don't know what it cost as I was still covered by my moms insurance. :redface:

8. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm under my dad's still, but they only paid like $750 of it! Oh well, at least I didn't have to pay for it. :tongue:

9. Principessa

Gold Member

YIKES! :yikes: I know it wasn't that much or I would have heard her screaming. :tongue: At the time we were still living in NJ and my mom was a teacher. I hate to exaggerate but the only insurance and benefit plan better than a New Jersey teachers' is a congressman or senator. New Jersey teachers have one of the strongest unions in the country.

10. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Nice. My dad is a logger, so I don't know how good it really is. I know that the insurance company contracts the dental out now.

11. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I had to have mine all pulled a few years ago. They all grew in fine except one. I had had some teeth removed when I was fitted for braces, so the wisdom teeth came into those slots, except the one that cut in sideways. The dentist pulled all four. I was doped up on so much anesthesia (gas and local) that I slept for a full 24 hours. My mom was really freaked out.

12. RandyL

RandyL New Member

I have 2 wisdom teeth on the top only, and they are both up in my gums. They have never bothered me, so I never messed with them either.

13. lucky8

Gold Member

Hey...i only had 3 wisdom teeth too. Have fun with the meds....although all i got was ibuprofen...bastards

14. yhtang

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed many years ago. Three of them were impacted (growing sideways). Fortunately, I did not have to pay because I was under government healthcare.

The unfortunate part was that I had to wait one year get them removed. Thank goodness it was not life threatening!

15. Mr. Bungle

Gold Member

Albums:
    Me too yhtang, I had all four of mine yanked out when I was in my teens, and I think 2 of them were impacted. I got lucky though, since I had a really good surgeon and they advised me to ice my face AS SOON as I was brought home from the surgery, as it reduced a good portion of the swelling. I think I had mine out on a Thursday and by Monday or Tuesday, the swelling was gone. A week later I was fully recovered - just a few days man and you'll be back on your feet before you know it.

16. exwhyzee

Gold Member

I had mine removed last summer, and it cost about the same. It was heaps of fun going under anesthesia...I had to count backwards from 10 and I never got past 7. Then I woke up. Thats was very cool! The first day was the worst, and I bounced back surprisingly well after. Just remember to keep your mouth clean, and keep your sockets clean!!!

17. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:

Exact same place. I had to have it removed for a few reasons. One, it was giving me migraines on a daily basis. Two, it was not only impacted, it was starting to shift and grow up into my sinus cavity. I am so glad I got that bastard removed

18. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Ha ha. It was in the middle of summer, so I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt and I said, "Damn, why is it so cold in here?!" They got me a small blanket. I said thanks and conked right on out. After coming to, I couldn't open my eyes but I could see that there was an overhead light on my face. I was really groggy and heard "Bite down" and "Come on, honey, wake up." I was saying STFU in my head.

Draft saved Draft deleted