Wisdom Teeth + unconsious

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
This will be my first procedure ever never even had stitches. Thanks for the encouragement blokes just wish my boy could be there with me.
You will be fine. Also take the horror stories with a grain of salt. Some people bruise up and others don't.

Follow all the dentist's orders and don't over do it.

sukmycock00

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had IV sedation, and something you should know....They will pull you out of sedation as they're removing the final tooth, so that one you'll be conscious for. You won't feel it, but you'll hear the cracking sound and all of that. I remember talking, but I'm not sure what about...I did yell at my nurse though lol ;)

Saaga

Experimental Member
Media
I think the more you worry about it, the more you might actually increase your chances of saying something regretful. So, just try to forget about it.

Also, a few people hit the nail on the head with the following:

(1) Anesthesia is certainly fun while you're under, especially if you don't use drugs often or at all, so enjoy the ride.
(2) Your mouth will be packed with gauze, so it's unlikely you'll blurt out anything intelligible anyway.
(3) You'll likely be with a dental assistant or a nurse right afterward, and not with a family member until you've recovered a bit (unless you ask).
(4) The aftermath is considerably worse than anything you might accidentally say. Worry more about what and how you plan to eat comfortably.

From personal experience, make sure you follow your dentist's orders and don't try to rush your recovery; it'll only make things hurt worse. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Saaga

Experimental Member
Media
I had IV sedation, and something you should know....They will pull you out of sedation as they're removing the final tooth, so that one you'll be conscious for. You won't feel it, but you'll hear the cracking sound and all of that. I remember talking, but I'm not sure what about...I did yell at my nurse though lol ;)

The cracking sound was so... I don't even know how to describe it! Weird? Creepy? Plus, the doctors and others were chatting while I was under, yet I could still hear them. Also weird.

D

deleted3782

I once dated an anesthesiologist who had some fun stories about people saying stuff when they were under. It was less related to actual secrets and more gibberish about bizarre fantasy situations. I had my wisdom teeth removed a few years ago...everyone said it would be a huge ordeal but it wasn't so bad after all...and I'm the most squeamish person on earth.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had mine pulled 15 years ago. I remember being told to count backwards from 100. I remember the doctor looking down at me and saying, "She's out." I tried to widen my eyes and scream that I wasn't, but suddenly, I was.

I awoke alone and cold in a recovery room. I had an extremely vague memory of walking there with two nurses. I think I may have groaned. When I awoke I was surprised to find my mouth full of cotton. After a few minutes, my mother arrived, and I complained to her that I felt like my mough t was packed with cotton. She laughed, and said it was.

You'll be just fine.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The cracking sound was so... I don't even know how to describe it! Weird? Creepy? Plus, the doctors and others were chatting while I was under, yet I could still hear them. Also weird.
This was not helpful and should be filed under things you only say after the person has had them out.

Also, it is not always true

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
This was not helpful and should be filed under things you only say after the person has had them out.

Also, it is not always true

I was IV sedated, and heard no cracking. All I remember is trying to count down, then waking up in a wheel chair.

sukmycock00

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
..on a more positive note, I had NO swelling at all, NO bruising, and ate solid food within 48 hours with absolutely no pain afterwords, so there's hope for u too :) Also, the pain meds are gggggggooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddd