wish I wasn't gay!

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
first of I know I am gay and there is damn all I can do about it. I havnt really accepted it yet tho and I am not out, I havnt even been with a guy.

Right now I would give nearly anything to be a regular straight guy, if only I could flick a switch! Is there ang other gay guys out there who would switch to being straight if it was that simple?

If it were that simple I think I might switch to being gay

D

deleted3782

My life is great. I have a great relationship, great friends and am proud of who I am and what I've accomplished in my life.

If you didn't have a great relationship, would life be just as great? Just curious.

brinzaulsschwul

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First of all love your penis and love yourself for who you are.
Talk to the good people at Gay Switchboard Dublin | Your Life Your Way if you are in Dublin or the south. If in the north take a look at Helplines and Support Groups and talk to someone.

If you try and throw the straight switch you will end up a very unhappy man, like all those men who went through aversion therapy to turn them straight when being gay was seen as a mental illness.

Please do not torture yourself. There is nothing wrong with not being 'Out' there is no rule that says gay people must come screaming out of the closet. I haven't ever had to, there is no reason why you should either. Do straight people declare their sexuality to the world and his neighbour? no of course not.

Don't forget when you do start going out with men and having sex with men, always always use a correctly fitting condom and plenty of water based lube. Don't be persuaded to go raw, you will end up with HIV one day and or other STI's

If you have not had your Hepatitis B vaccination get along on Monday to your nearest sexual health clinic and start the course - it's free.

Good luck and enjoy life, we not here for very long and let us know how you are getting on

Brinz

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
That is so true, I really think that many gay people feel that "since I'm different anyway, I don't have to be anyones idea of anything". In many ways, we have more freedom to just be ourselves without anyone's preconcieved ideas.

Yes, people who are gay, bi, etc know they cannot fit in anyways, so why not just go the whole nine yards with who I truly am? And so they win in the end, while all the others play the "fitting-in" game, never truly enjoying total liberation of the person.

ryguy88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Dude, you are soooo wrong. I am straight, but sometimes I wish I was gay (or bi).
Why? Because I'm a man, and I can understand other men. With women I have to use a code book. Plus, it's easier to pick up a man for a one night stand.

Being Gay isn't about sex. Sorry you have to resort to a code book to pick up Women. Would you like to share how easy it is/was for you to pick up a guy for a 1 nighter? I'm not hating on you, but your post is misguided..

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Being Gay isn't about sex. Sorry you have to resort to a code book to pick up Women. Would you like to share how easy it is/was for you to pick up a guy for a 1 nighter? I'm not hating on you, but your post is misguided..

Being gay is more than sex: it's about who the gender you want to be romantically involved with. And although sex and romance go hand-in-hand, one doesn't necessarily imply the other.

Sexual orientation vs sexual preference - there is a difference!

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally Posted by JamesJonson 21

yr post makes a lot of sense to me James, having experienced both sides
think it does depend on confidence in yr sexuality, and what stage of that yr at upon meeting a prospective person of either sex...sexual activity is secondary.
code book is quite an interesting mention, and dont expect you meant that literally, however it was pretty much how i envisaged things when in that period.

I know from friends and family who are gay, most are quite happy, but I do have a few who lament over not being able to express themselves as they are not attracted to other gay men. This can be very frustrating, I myself couldn't imagine not being able to enjoy a sexy younger man who I find attractive, and when I discuss the issues of my gay friends with them and how they feel about it, the angst and depression can be overwhelming to them. I do my best to help them overcome society's unfortunate view of gay men and lend my support. It does help to join support groups where many discuss their issues and not just frequent gay bars where sex is the motivator. I do feel for your frustration, we live in a world where most say we are accepting and understanding and what one does in their bedroom should not define their whole life...but those who are closed minded will always be the majority, and we will need to deal with their morals as set upon us. Life is short, enjoy it, and never think changing is an option, you simply cannot flick that switch, rather...flick the switches you can control, and celebrate your individual unique self. We all are looking for happiness, and in a world where the grass seems greener on the other side, we don't realize the pain and heartache those around us may also be suffering. Good luck to you, I hope you find who you are in life, and allow yourself to be happy. PS, I saw your photos, and you are absolutely sexy as hell! If you were straight, I'd be doing everything I could to get you to come home with me young man!! WOW WHAT A BABE YOU ARE!! :) CL

What do you mean gay men aren't attracted to other gay men? How are they gay then

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I think what she is trying to say is some gay men, including myself maybe, just don't fit into that stereotypical mode that a lot of the gay world is. I have a lot of gay friends and so forth, some feminine, some not so much, some go to clubs constantly, some hookup constantly, to each their own. But I don't fit any of those molds, I am who I am and finding someone who is a lot like me has it's challenges. Of course the man has to be gay, but I like a guy that just happens to be gay and doesn't have a need or whatever to FIT into what even a lot of our gay counterparts expect. It's hard to describe and I don't think I'm doing a great job at it myself. But I think I understand what she means. Classy, I agree with you, he's a GREAT looking guy!!

Redwyvre

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi sex101, Check out the Gareth Thomas thread in the celebrity forum. He's a big guy like yourself. He went through the mill and came out the other side. Great story!
This is just a suggestion. I find it helpful to read biographies and some people don't find it helpful. Either way, do whatever it takes to help understand yourself and feel good about being alive. Life is too short and full of troubles to live in fear and doubt. Btw post more pictures;) You've got many fans here at LPSG!

D_Carl_Colossal

Experimental Member
Media
A sad state of affairs it is when external, societal pressure makes us believe that we are wrong.

Conformity is not mandated and

Normal is no fun! ;)
Be who you are, not who you think everyone wants you to be.
I know that's easier said than done... but at the same time, not really. :)

Ren69

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
first of I know I am gay and there is damn all I can do about it. I havnt really accepted it yet tho and I am not out, I havnt even been with a guy.

Right now I would give nearly anything to be a regular straight guy, if only I could flick a switch! Is there ang other gay guys out there who would switch to being straight if it was that simple?

I Know how you feel...
My family and society hates me because im not what they are supposed me to be... but well, it is their problem, they are sick and old fashioned.

Hugs.