Wish me luck

viking

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Some of you know that my wife is very ill. She has Lupus and is experiencing kidney failure.

In March of this year she almost died while on life support in the ICU due to respiratory failure.

Next week, we go in for a proceedure to insert a catheter into her chest so they can start dialysis. In November, she'll have a kidney transplant.

I'ts all a little overwhelming and I know, it's off topic, but I need to share this.

It's been a long haul ( 10 years of illness ) but I'm in hopes that things will change after the transplant. I don't believe in God, but I do believe in the power of good will.

Keep us in your thoughts.

Thanks

Steve

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Steve, I remember a while back when you first told us about your wife's health. I would just like to reassure you that advances in kidney transplants have made it a very viable operation, usually fairly well received. My ex-husband donated a kidney to his sister, so I got to see the process pretty much up-close.

I don't envy the two of you what you have facing you, but chances are that what you've endured already is far worse than the operation will be. I will also keep good thoughts for you and her, perhaps this will give her a much needed respite once some recovery time has occured. I'm sure you could use some easier time as well. Big hugs.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Steve, it sounds as if you two have walked a rough road for awhile now. The good news, though, is that it sounds as if you have some real hope in store thanks to this transplant!

Here's hoping that everything goes smoothly and that this begins a new and wonderful chapter in your lives.

I'll be thinking of you both and praying for good things. :pals:

Steve

Dorset

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not sure what to say but good luck, I know you said you're not a religious man but I'll be praying for your wife, I hope you don't mind, it's just the way I know of sending my hopes and good wishes

viking

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thanks for all of the good thoughts, energy and prayers.
It's appreciated.

We spent all day yesterday until 9pm at the hospital
so they could insert a catheter into her chest for dialysis on Thursday.
It was really depressing. They have to tunnell through your skin for about 8 inches
and then into your jugular vein to get an access point that won't get infected.

Dialysis is scheduled for 7am tomorrow.

Yikes.

At least they located the tubes just above her breast so they are not visible when she's dressed.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
EBV, add me to your list of well-wishers.

FWIW, I do support research in autoimmune diseases.

A big bearhug to you and a gentle hug to your wife.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Viking,
Our thoughts, prayers, hopes and wishes are with you both during this difficult time. If you get time, keep us posted. She has difficult days ahead of her, but with your love and support (which is so very apparent) all will be well. :hug: