Wish Nick8 A Get Well Soon!

Jase - get rid of Jude off the telly, and shove some Lord of the Rings or a bit of Star Wars on heheheh, soon perk him up. :p

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
You know, Nick8 is a decent enough guy and I hope he gets better... but I really hope we don't have a surge of these, "Get well" threads everytime someone gets the sniffles. I mean, it really bastardizes the sympathy of the site and I actually think it makes the sympathy seem less sincere.

We should really consider keeping them to people who are actually seriously sick and have serious medical issues (cancer etc)

I mean, unless someone wants to start the "People with Big dicks who are Sick" thread... :wink: It's gonna be a pain in the ass come cold and flu season when we have 4 pages of:

Oh, I think I've got a cold!!
OMG, I have mono!
My tonsils are red, is there a problem??
I have a fever of 98.9.
I just blew my nose, I think I might get sick.

:biggrin:

Last edited:

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You know, Nick8 is a decent enough guy and I hope he gets better... but I really hope we don't have a surge of these, "Get well" threads everytime someone gets the sniffles. I mean, it really bastardizes the sympathy of the site and I actually think it makes the sympathy seem less sincere.

We should really consider keeping them to people who are actually seriously sick and have serious medical issues (cancer etc)

I mean, unless someone wants to start the "People with Big dicks who are Sick" thread... :wink: It's gonna be a pain in the ass come cold and flu season when we have 4 pages of:

Oh, I think I've got a cold!!
OMG, I have mono!
My tonsils are red, is there a problem??
I have a fever of 98.9.
I just blew my nose, I think I might get sick.

:biggrin:

Golly Jeff, my thoughts EXACTLY, although I was silently condemned for making a similar post. Apparently Jason and Nick8 share a BROMANCE which they want to inflict on us all. I dont feel this is the venue for "personal" agendas.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Golly Jeff, my thoughts EXACTLY, although I was silently condemned for making a similar post. Apparently Jason and Nick8 share a BROMANCE which they want to inflict on us all. I dont feel this is the venue for "personal" agendas.

Maybe it's because I only posted it 20ish minutes ago. I'm sure there are people out there who might view it as a slam towards Nick8 etc... but the fact of the matter is, I'd say the same thing to anyone.

I personally feel that I've been known as a member who says what he thinks and is as honest as he can be. My words weren't a slam/personal attack on anyone. It was just an observation from a guy who's been here long enough to see certain "fad" posts and threads flood the site (the Ask a double dicked trans dentist threads come to mind)

Both Nick and Jason are mature enough to realize this isn't an attack, but more of an observation from a concerned member. I want the guy to get better for his cough/cold/flu symptoms, I just don't think we need a thread every time we get some sort of symptom.

This isn't a twitter site and if people think it is, some members might have a problem.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Both Nick and Jason are mature enough to realize this isn't an attack, but more of an observation from a concerned member. I want the guy to get better for his cough/cold/flu symptoms, I just don't think we need a thread every time we get some sort of symptom.

This isn't a twitter site and if people think it is, some members might have a problem.

Regardless of how things are MEANT, they are usually taken the wrong way or out of context. You cant control that, other than to not say anything at all. I am like you, and have been slammed for my "observations" many times. Has it stopped me from posting? NO !!! bottom line is always "ya cant please everyone"...Nor should you have to.

Nick I hope that you do not have the FUCK FLU and that you feel better soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Maybe it's because I only posted it 20ish minutes ago. I'm sure there are people out there who might view it as a slam towards Nick8 etc... but the fact of the matter is, I'd say the same thing to anyone.

I personally feel that I've been known as a member who says what he thinks and is as honest as he can be. My words weren't a slam/personal attack on anyone. It was just an observation from a guy who's been here long enough to see certain "fad" posts and threads flood the site (the Ask a double dicked trans dentist threads come to mind)

I'm sure Nick would agree w/you Jeff. I'm sure Jason's motive was to cheer him up. He really, really is very sick. I'm also sure that neither of them would be insulted or upset by what you wrote as it does make sense w/o insulting Jason's motives.
Cheers and take your Vitamin C! :biggrin1:

True. Not everyone here wants to read about other people's dramas or issues or how two men who are in a relationship together want to gush over each other constantly. :rolleyes:

Jase - get rid of Jude off the telly, and shove some Lord of the Rings or a bit of Star Wars on heheheh, soon perk him up. :p

Would you believe he's seen neither of them? Not a single one of those movies. I've got them all ready to go any time on my home theater system. All he has to do is say, 'yes', to them (hint hint).

I brought him home today so he's back at his place and he's still in poor shape. I'm hoping he'll go see his quack to make sure it's nothing serious (hint hint again).

No, I haven't taken any offense to your comments. I've known you long enough to know you're a sincere person. Perhaps I was over eager to do something for Nick8 when he's done so much for me. If this thread offends anyone, that wasn't my intention. I hadn't considered that it might spawn more of the same though I don't see anything wrong with that. My get well thread has been of enormous help to me. It's a huge morale booster. I thought maybe some of that same support might help him. I guess it comes down to not reading or commenting on threads you don't like or are indifferent to. I do see what you mean however and will consider it in the future before posting.

How do you know you're being condemned if everyone else is silent?:confused:

You and I haven't spoken since the meet & greet last year and I thought got along well enough. Nick8 has called you a few times hoping to get together with you and you declined. I don't know what has happened for the both of us to deserve such antipathy from you. I do think it a bit ironic that you say this isn't a, "...venue for personal agendas," when you're using it precisely for that by making snide comments.

I liked you when I met you but now I think you're bitter and jealous of anyone who finds any happiness in life. I realize you lost two lovers to AIDS and in that life has handed you a really shitty hand. Nobody should have to go through that. It is not, however, a reason to be nasty to people who have done nothing to you and have actually reached out to you in friendship. You don't have to be friends with us or anyone else if you don't want to, but don't be a jerk about it. Neither of us have done anything to you to be treated like you treat us.

I truly wish you do find some happiness, find another lover, and get something other than disappointment out of life. Join a group, find a counselor, do something to make life a happy event for you. None of that can erase a broken heart, but maybe they can help you find a way to move on.

LMAO a Judy Garland marathon! You guys are queens!

I watched one movie and was bored to tears. I'm not a Judy Garland fan beyond The Wizard of Oz. I'm also very subdued, which is kind of a problem as guys don't hit on me (though that may be for other reasons). I don't, sadly, set off gaydars.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I watched one movie and was bored to tears. I'm not a Judy Garland fan beyond The Wizard of Oz. I'm also very subdued, which is kind of a problem as guys don't hit on me (though that may be for other reasons). I don't, sadly, set off gaydars.

I found Judy Garland to be an excellent actress as shown in her only non musical, A CHILD IS WAITING. Made me weepy when I first saw it eons ago.
There's even a role from a young Billy Mumy.

I found Judy Garland to be an excellent actress as shown in her only non musical, A CHILD IS WAITING. Made me weepy when I first saw it eons ago.
There's even a role from a young Billy Mumy.

That's exactly the movie I saw! She was excellent in it but I've always found that she seems perpetually on the verge of breaking into tears in every film she's been in. I also found the movie very depressing and emotionally manipulative. While she was good, Lancaster's doctor never quite seemed realistic and the kid's parents seemed too one-dimensional. It reminded me of the "women's movies" genre from the 30s and 40s but delivered in a more neorealist manner that doesn't fit the subject matter IMHO.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
That's exactly the movie I saw! She was excellent in it but I've always found that she seems perpetually on the verge of breaking into tears in every film she's been in. I also found the movie very depressing and emotionally manipulative. While she was good, Lancaster's doctor never quite seemed realistic and the kid's parents seemed too one-dimensional. It reminded me of the "women's movies" genre from the 30s and 40s but delivered in a more neorealist manner that doesn't fit the subject matter IMHO.

Depressing? Yeah, but the overall resulting emotional give and take was to allow the handicapped to lead their own lives and not be smothered for/with love and allow for independant values and self love and exploration.

It's a difficult subject to get across, but I think the film succeeded.

Would you believe he's seen neither of them? Not a single one of those movies. I've got them all ready to go any time on my home theater system. All he has to do is say, 'yes', to them (hint hint).

I brought him home today so he's back at his place and he's still in poor shape. I'm hoping he'll go see his quack to make sure it's nothing serious (hint hint again).

Lol Jase - yup, pack him off to the Docs when he can manage it! :)

Never watched Lotr or SW? :0 Hmmm...Harry Potter? Put them on then hide the remote, dude ;)

Hope he feels better soon anyways - Charlotte Gray is a good movie if ur not well (I reckon).