With Age Does A Mans Sex Drive Slow Down?

Infernal

Superior Member
Media
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It has slowed down, but I don't see that as a bad thing. My sex drive was horrible when I was a teenager and in my early 20's. Hard all the time. At some point it was annoying, and a distraction, even more so when I was single. I had inconvenient things like work that kept me from jerking off all day. . Now I'm 48 and diabetic. The sex drive is much lower than it was before, but I'm married and sex is readily available. Nice when it happens, but not a life motivator any longer. My husband is 56 and still horny as a teenager, but I think his motivations are different than mine.

Notaes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
the orgasms are much more intense much more satisying and longer than they were when i was younger. Things seem to get better as we age. Sex is better than ever! Wow who would have thought it could be any better?

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It has slowed down, but I don't see that as a bad thing. My sex drive was horrible when I was a teenager and in my early 20's. Hard all the time. At some point it was annoying, and a distraction, even more so when I was single. I had inconvenient things like work that kept me from jerking off all day.

Pretty much this for me as well.

I still have a sex drive, but it's noticably slowed down from when I was younger, but agreed that this isn't a bad thing.

Reactions: Infernal

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
the orgasms are much more intense much more satisying and longer than they were when i was younger. Things seem to get better as we age. Sex is better than ever! Wow who would have thought it could be any better?

Ditto. And pleasantly surprised too...

sizehungry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
At 55 i can feel a slowdown in terms of hetero penetrative sex , not by a lot , but perceptible nonetheless , though my lust for eating pussy has not diminished at all . In terms of me being fucked, however , my desire is through the roof , like "fuck me 3-4 times a day " , and bring a friend . Can't see that falling away any time soon .

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm 51, going on 52.

Still can ejaculate three or four times in a day, occasionally, and twice in a given "session" is not unusual.

I'm becoming aware it's slightly less intense / frequent, but that's ok.

I sometimes have issues managing my diary for this sort of thing... more demand than time. Nice problem to have, I guess ...

I agree fitness is highly relevant. I do gym, and running. Probably diet, sleep, lifestyle etc too. Mostly it's mental attitude though. Desire, and experience. Ideas, skills, practice ...

:cool:

ChicagoPole

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
In my mid 40's my sex drive took a nose dive. It was also a time when I had a fair share of personal issues to resolve. I'm now 52 and for the past two years I've been more sexually active than I have in a decade. I attribute this to two things primarily. One - I've taken to the gym and have a much better understanding of how diet affects the body. I'm no Adonis, but the head space that's created at the gym is very beneficial for me.

Secondly, from a social standpoint, I'm much happier living in a large city where there is an plenty to do to stimulate the mind (arts / politics / environs). One is almost always surrounded by new thoughts and expressions.

I guess there might be a third reason ... I've retired the idea that I need to be anything other than myself. Mostly though, I attribute my rise in sex drive to be associated with fitness and better nutrition.

Frodo46888

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As we age, each of our systems reaches a point when it doesn't function as well as it used to. That doesn't mean that our interest fades, and we learn to use our more limited resources to best advantage, so many people continue to enjoy sex right into "old age" if their health permits. I might add, however, that as we mature, we do develop interests other than sex, so our sex drive may seem to have decreased. But that's by choice, not necessity.