Woe to my gay neighbours!

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by biguy2738, Apr 27, 2007.

1. biguy2738

Gold Member

Albums:
    I live in an what can be described as an apartment complex...very small, friendly community.

My front door looks down on an apartment occupied by a gay couple with whom my wife and I have become friends...get together every now and then for coffee. They are really good guys and their home can best be described as a love pad.

One of our other neighbours came around for coffee and a chat this evening, and when I say her off, I looked down and saw that there guys were having candle lit dinner...again...without any guests.

It then dawned on me, to my horror that the hopeless romantic in me had died. Even worse, I cannot identify when it happened, why or what could have happened.

The only conclusion that I can draw is that life has become too easy for me, I've become lazy and that I've taken my wife and marriage for granted.

So I'm turning to you for whatever you'd like to comment on, be it tips, romantic feats etc.

One thing is for certain, and that is, I need to raise my romantic side from the dead.

2. invisibleman

Gold Member

Invisibleman's Romance Voodoo Majik

1. Focus on her.
    2. Be sincere and attentive.
    3. Find out what her favorite meal is:
    a. Learn to cook it.
    b. Order it via take out.
    c. Use candles and aromatherapy candles or incense.
    4. Get her a nice gift or token of your appreciation.
    5. Get something from Bath and Body Works.
    6. Take a drive somewhere scenic and take a walk together.
    7. Learn to be friends.
    8. Remember the times that made you feel loved by her and write those down on a piece of paper and put it in her lunch.
    9. Do something that needs to be done and do it for her.
    10. Buy a book on massage and learn some massage compressions.
    11. If she EVER wanted to learn something--buy her some lessons in it.
    12. Ask her what her ideas on romance. What does she feel is romantic?
    13. Buy a water spa for the bathtub and/or a new Shower Massage shower head for the shower.
    14. Buying her flowers is one thing. Grow some flowers is ALWAYS good. Learn to grow some flowers and vegetables.
    15. If she has a favorite dessert...
    a. make it for her.
    b. buy it for her.

3. fortiesfun

Gold Member

Doesn't sound like you mean "Woe to your gay neighbors," which is wishing them ill. It sounds like you mean, "Pity me, because my life is less romantic than theirs." Aside from the backhanded insult implied by specifying their orientation when it is not the point of your story at all, I can only sympathize. I hope you find a romantic renewal inspired by your neighbors, who have somehow retained it.

4. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Be spontaneously thoughtful, works every time. Instead of BUYING her flowers, which any guy can/will do, pick them for her. Make sure you tell her you love her, and say it with meaning. Show an interest in how her day went. Ask questions. Women love that. Breakfast in bed is good too.

5. biguy2738

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks for the brilliant advice. My title wasn't intended as a backhanded insult, doc,
    but as a compliment with a bit of humour in it.
    I'm sure that you can relate with being in situations when you have to get off your butt and do something and your reaction is an argh.!
    Well thats the essence that I was trying to capture.
    In my experience, the gay couples that I've met are incredibly romantic and seem to be complete naturals.. which was why there was reference to their preference.
    The point I was trying to make, was that I really admire that quality - I mean just look at invisibleman's romance voodoo? Most of the things on the list are so simple, yet so thoughtful, came so naturally, and yet I'd never thought of them! What was meant to be a good natured compliment, was taken as an insult (maybe I didn't express myself properly), I apologise for offending you.

6. invisibleman

Gold Member

Yeah, and for those who want to kill their romance...

Invisibleman's UN-Romantic Voodoo Majik:

1. Be unsincere.
    2. Be mechanical in emotion with your partner.
    3. Be disrespectful to each other--verbal, emotional and/or physical.
    4. Don't bother with paying any attention with your partner.
    5. Stop having a sex life. (Once you've killed the sex in a relationship--you should just put THAT in a casket and bury it...Ding dong--that witch is DEAD.
    6. Have a relationships where power is not shared.
    7. Don't value your partner as a human entity with desires apart from you.
    8. "Why can't you be like Endicott?" --Kid Creole. The "Endicott" Comparison (No, this isn't another Robert Ludlum spy thriller.:smile:) IF you HAVE to ask WHY a lover isn't like another, you NEED to ask WHY AREN'T like the one you are comparing. Because you can't be like anyone else and neither can your partner.
    9. Have your friends and family nitpick your choice in your partner in order to believing you need someone else better.
    10. Not being honest with your partner about things. You should be able to talk about things--good and bad.
    11. Sabotage. Sabotage. Sabotage.
    12. Grow apart from each other.

7. str82fcuk

str82fcuk Member

Albums:
    Glasgow ... (formerly Johannesburg, Montreal)
    I like that list of romantic and antiromantic tips.
    I have only ever been in a relationship three times (as far as I know) .... they all just kinda happened accidentally without me really thinking much but even so I can still relate well to all the points on your lists both pro- and con- as things that have happened around me and which have had those effects ...

8. D_Aston Asstonne

D_Aston Asstonne Account Disabled

Yeah....ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY'RE THE BKFAST!:biggrin1:

9. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

This is what me and my other half did last christmas.

We baught a basic color crayon set and we wrote we drew about the things we loved about each other. It was fun, got our creative juice going. It let us re-connect with how we felt about each other and because we lived on a budget we saved a lot of money.

10. biguy2738

Gold Member

Albums:

WOW! That is absolutely beautiful! Do you give training? :biggrin1::wink:

11. leenyc97

leenyc97 Member

Albums:
    here's some simple and effective advice from a song:

buy me a rose
    call me from work
    open the door for me, what would it hurt?
    tell me you love me by the look in your eyes
    these are the little things I want the most in my life

Basically, it's in the little things you do every day to show you love them that inspire romance.

12. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

I think you recognizing there is a problem is half the battle, fight on and reconnect with your wife.

13. ewa123

ewa123 New Member

Albums:

ABSOLUTELY. agree 100%.

Draft saved Draft deleted