Woman driving under the influence hits school children

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by DC_DEEP, Jun 6, 2007.

1. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

This was the companion article I mentioned before.

The woman was allegedly driving to her methadone clinic when her car crossed a lane, jumped the curb, and hit several school children waiting at a school bus stop.

DUI woman

This shit is just getting out of control. Ladies and gentlemen, if you are not currently a drug user, please please please stay away from any of them that have a reputation for being addictive and personality-altering or reality-altering. Don't get into the crack or heroin or methamphetamine habit, or any others that can similarly ruin your life... and the lives of others.

2. SoFla8

SoFla8 New Member

Albums:
  3. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Oh my god, and oh my god...

4. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

True, it's not always drugs that make dangerous drivers. But you can't argue that crack or heroin crazed drivers are especially safe, nor are staggering drunks.

That woman really should have known better than to stand in front of his van; the fact that he hit her car and drove off should be a clue that he is incapacitated for some reason, and possible road-raged. Her getting out of her car and standing in front of his minivan just was not too bright.

5. madame_zora

Gold Member

No shit it wasn't.

I'm glad that dui prosecutions are being taken as seriously as they are. I am also relieved that I never hit anyone during the years that I drove drunk, but I paid plenty in fines and jail time. I don't bitch about it either, I had it coming.

I've seen people using heroin and crack, and believe me I would not like to see them driving. Anyone receiving methadone should be required to relinquish their driver's license for at least two years. When they can prove through the probation office by random piss tests that they have been sober for two years, they could reapply. There is no excuse for giving a drug user meth and letting them keep their license.

Drunk people aren't nearly as entertaining as they think they are- they're actually quite boring (or embarassing) if you're not drunk yourself. Potheads drive too slow and have impaired reaction time- smoke that shit at home. Any drugs beyond alcohol or weed scare the shit out of me- why does anyone need to get more fucked up than that?

6. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I agree, but the problem is that they would most likely just drive unlicensed. I wondered why this woman lives in Virginia, and was driving through Maryland to get to her methadone clinic.
    Unfortunately, there are so many people with an entitlement mentality who think it's none of our business if they want to drive while impaired. Regardless of the issue, they insist that it's their god-given right to put themselves and others at risk. I agree that if you are the only person at risk, you have a right to do it, but if you put others at risk, I draw the line.

7. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

As someone who has relatives in recovery, I can say for sure that there are very few drug clinics. No one wants them in their neighborhood, which means there are not enough around and usually not one in close proximity. Sad.

8. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Yeah, I do understand that people want the clinics, just not in their own neighborhood... I don't know what clinic she was going to, but I'm guessing in DC. A LONG drive from where she lives. So I suppose her treatment plan is to get a nice dose of methadone and drive back to King George, VA. That's horrible. If she was going to DC for treatment, that's over 60 miles each way... and driving 60 miles, jonesing for a fix, or after taking methadone, is just unthinkable.

Draft saved Draft deleted