Woman interested in me? (advice)

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_Uni79, Sep 15, 2010.

1. B_Uni79

B_Uni79 New Member

So I walk into this gourmet pizza place today, to order a pizza outside the university I attend. Last time I was at this store was April of this year (2010). I went there a couple times a week from January to April. The lady working behind the counter (late 30's) smiles at me and says: "so how was your vacation"? I'm thinking to myself she probably means the time off from school and since we're staring now she sees me again to politely ask. But she says: "I saw you at the airport 2 weeks ago"....it is true I was at the airport and she knew where I was coming from. I asked her: "how did you remember me"? she then says: "well I see you a lot" She could not stop smiling at me and kinda shy to, at the same time. She gives me a look with a big smile as I was leaving the store today....saying: "bye" extra nicely.
    Me attending this restaurant those two times a week for a few months was enough for me to be imprinted in her memory. Is this lady interested in me?

2. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Maybe and maybe not. I meet a lot of people through work and remember quite a few should I see them in random places. Then again, if I think someone is cute, I might make a point of telling them that I saw them outside the expected places. Either way, this is a good start to getting extra toppings on your 'za or getting to top her.

3. minimag

minimag Active Member

Albums:
    Hard to be 100% sure when the lady is working in a tip-driven industry. But I never see the glass as half-full. I see it as half-empty with a crack in the rim that is covered with blood from my lip.

4. B_Uni79

B_Uni79 New Member

Maybe she can sense I'm hung?
    lol:smile:

5. B_Uni79

B_Uni79 New Member

She's not a waitress, more like the person who washes & cuts veggies. She assists the cook..it's an old fashioned pizza place...
    she's kinda cute.

6. irox19

irox19 New Member

Albums:
    I would say she was flirting in a respectable way. This is something I would do...and I allow people to take it for what it's worth to them. If they pick up on it and make a move, great. if not, at least I was friendly and maybe put a smile on their face.

You should go back to the pizza place.

7. irox19

irox19 New Member

Albums:
    I have a question.

if you didn't read between the lines, or get the sense that she was being friendlier than usual and flirty on some level--what does it take for you to pick up on a flirtatious vibe? Do you prefer an, "I like you" or for someone to totally eye fuck you in broad daylight? Clearly, opening up a conversation, recalling someone from memory, and lots of smiles and eye contact are not enough. Please share.

8. B_Uni79

B_Uni79 New Member

Maybe I'm stupid when it comes to women...I don't know. Should it be enough?
    Yeah, I kinda need more of a hint: "I like you" or something.

9. mako shark

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Go to the place and ask her out...the worst thing she can say is no~

10. irox19

irox19 New Member

Albums:
    Everyone fears rejection. Guys need something as close to "I LIKE YOU" in words or actions....women are afraid of putting themselves out there/acting easy. lol it's a mess. I like 3 people right now....and I haven't even hinted that I like them. lol

11. D_Hammond Happydipper

D_Hammond Happydipper Account Disabled

anything is possible

I had 3 people ask me out before

12. B_ILIW

B_ILIW New Member

She may like you, who knows? Sometimes people mistake friendliness for liking, but it's hard to tell if this is the case here.

make small talk, and see where it leads. if she is interested, she would cotton on in time.

13. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    It's been my experience that most men are not as good at picking up hints as women believe they are, and that causes a lot of miscommunication.

TheBoyfriend is the last man to drive this point home for me. It was hilarious, but I finally just stopped bothering hinting with him and just started being straight all the time about everything. It works out better.

If you can't tell if she's flirting with you, but you suspect that she might be, ask her for her phone number or ask her out on a date. It's the only way things will develop with her anyway.

14. straightdave10

Gold Member

Albums:
    When i was young I used to be hopeless at reading the cues from women, didnt know if a woman was interested in me until she had her hands down my pants, or she would be telling me all about her life because the she thought i was gay. I had to get help from my friends, including a gay female friend (excellent help).

The stand out comment from Irox19 "if you didn't read between the lines, or get the sense that she was being friendlier than usual and flirty on some level--what does it take for you to pick up on a flirtatious vibe?".

I think this is the underlying driving factor. Cos boy-oh-boy do i relate. I would encourage getting new skills and learning how to communicate and flirt, healthy interplay. Its great fun, when flirting is "most gain/least risk" its great. Respectfull, considerate, safe, flirting brings color into our days. Safe play.......I am always amazed at what i can get away with....

15. irox19

irox19 New Member

Albums:
    Thanks for the replies everyone...I am actually learning a lot from this thread!!

I am recently single after 7 years, and it is not as easy as I thought!!! I keep reading these stupid advice things that say, "never text/call a guy...never seek him...wait for him to pursue you." I've already made a promise to myself that I will be totally open to anything with someone I like, so long as they pursue me. Probably not my wisest idea, but I'd rather wait for someone who wants to work for me. Is this stupid?

I've been practicing flirting and going the extra mile with eye contact and lingering touches/hugs, lots of smiles and laughs, teasing banter, etc.....but damn, what else do I have to do to put myself out there? Today I smiled at a co-worker, someone I normally avoid because everyone gives him attention...anyway, I gave extra eye contact and a bigger smile than I ever had. I probably shocked the hell out of him. Anyway, it felt weird for a second, and then it felt good, as though I accomplished something. Anyway...just venting. lol

16. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well, you do put off a vibe... but maybe it's cuz your on a Large Penis site! lol

I guess what I was trying to say, is go back - get some more pizza and flirt a little. It's just a good start of something whether it goes anywhere or not. Plus, practicing flirting is good for you.

17. Gamm

Gamm New Member

Albums:
    I would bite the bullet and ask her to lunch or coffee in a friendly way.

Like my pops taught me "If you think you saw a rat, you did".

18. straightdave10

Gold Member

Albums:
    Its so hard to know how we are perceived by others. I had a relationship with a younger woman and she told me that initially she thought i was aloof and uninterested in her. In spite of the fact that other guys were buzzing around her like flies, she saw me as aloof and uninterested. I was courteous, communicative and friendly.

Its hard to know how people really see us. I tend to go with the "no regrets, nothing ventured nothing gained". I dont want to live a hollow existence filled with what could have been, because i was too scared to take action. I prefer to put myself in the position i wish to be in.

Being flirtatious is such great fun. Safe, healthy interplay.

19. B_Uni79

B_Uni79 New Member

I will take your advice:smile:

20. Lampwick

Lampwick New Member

Honestly, irox19, it's difficult.

Men are very good at not picking up on clear signals, and just as good at reading signals of interest where none were actually intended, just out of their own hopeful perspective.

Draft saved Draft deleted