Woman left to die on hospital floor

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I read this yesterday and was hoping someone else would post this, in the light of recent 'sensitivity' toward 'America Bashing', preferably an American - doesn't anyone there read the news? But, in a theme of a recent thread about the [apparent] endemic intransigence of so many people toward those in need:

Woman left to die on hospital floor | Metro.co.uk

The half-assed attempt at deception relating to her records is an exemplar for all that is wrong in the decline in accountability of contemporary medical 'professionals', and I use the term professional in its loosest sense here.

Has youtube really become the de facto vehicle for exposing such events, if so, what does that say about us?

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
Yes, appalling indeed. But this was a psychiatric hospital, right? Psychiatric patients in the U.S. and elsewhere are still treated like dirt, basically.

This doesn't come as a surprise.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I read this yesterday and was hoping someone else would post this, in the light of recent 'sensitivity' toward 'America Bashing', preferably an American - doesn't anyone there read the news? But, in a theme of a recent thread about the [apparent] endemic intransigence of so many people toward those in need:

If we posted every news story that happened in the U.S. this ETC. forum would have more than 100 new threads a day.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Yes, appalling indeed. But this was a psychiatric hospital, right? Psychiatric patients in the U.S. and elsewhere are still treated like dirt, basically.

This doesn't come as a surprise.

No, read the story - this was "Kings County Hospital Center" in Brooklyn - an ER deparement in a regular hospital - she was a psychiatric patient but that does not in anyway go towards explaining why she was ignored WHILE STILL MOVING for half an hour and ignored for a further half hour while motionless.

If we posted every news story that happened in the U.S. this ETC. forum would have more than 100 new threads a day.

You don't get that this is maybe a slightly bigger deal than 'Britney Bites Burger!'?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Don't be so obtuse Mem.

Given your own predilection for posting the inane and trivial, one could cut the irony in the above with a knife.:cool:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Don't be so obtuse Mem.

Given your own predilection for posting the inane and trivial, one could cut the irony in the above with a knife.:cool:

You are just being a jerk. Just because no one posted about this does not mean that Americans do not read newspapers or watch the news.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Sure, blame the doctors, nurses, security guard. Haven't you noticed that woman sitting there in the room while poor Esmin Green was flaked out on the floor? Who in their right mind would is there quietly? People don't need to be sheeple, and there is no excuse for this horrible groupthink.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sure, blame the doctors, nurses, security guard. Haven't you noticed that woman sitting there in the room while poor Esmin Green was flaked out on the floor? Who in their right mind would is there quietly? People don't need to be sheeple, and there is no excuse for this horrible groupthink.

Yes, (hence my reference to the 'man run over left lying in street' thread) but remember they are patients and under no obligation other than basic human decency to assist - unlike the medical staff who, as employees are legally obligated to deliver care - a key difference.

It's not horrible 'group think', it is (prima facie), an example of gross professional negligence.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

Woman left to die on hospital floor | Metro.co.uk

The half-assed attempt at deception relating to her records is an exemplar for all that is wrong in the decline in accountability of contemporary medical 'professionals', and I use the term professional in its loosest sense here.

Has youtube really become the de facto vehicle for exposing such events, if so, what does that say about us?

I would have really taken some time to think about this issue and given you a thoughtful response if you hadn't gone ahead and made this into yet another American-bashing issue. Pot shots against myself and the other 300,000,000 people who live in my country make you both petty and unworthy of a serious response, since you're just going to lump me in as some kind of ignoramus even though I don't deserve such a classification.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I back up what Mem commented. (Love ya, Dong20, but that was an unfair response.)

Yes it was, but only in response to an equally unjustified one.

I would have really taken some time to think about this issue and given you a thoughtful response if you hadn't gone ahead and made this into yet another American-bashing issue. Pot shots against myself and the other 300,000,000 people who live in my country make you both petty and unworthy of a serious response, since you're just going to lump me in as some kind of ignoramus even though I don't deserve such a classification.

What?

If you think this is an 'America Bashing' thread when I went out of my way to illustrate it wasn't - you highlighted the relevant commentary yourself* ... wait you're joking, right?

*The 'does nobody read the news' jibe was an evidently too subtle attempt at sardonic humour - based on the 'timelag' I've seen in people posting topical items - an observation I have made here before.

before you jumped in the deep end making accusations you should have asked yourself; have I ever 'bashed' America as an end itself and/or in the vein of others here?

People will of course infer what they will, and the track record on the validity of said inferences is self evident. I do think there is an over sensitivity, as you have just demonstrated.:tongue:

Jonathan2/11

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Ya I saw the video from the hospital on CNN and I just couldn't believe it when she had feel a security officer walked into the waiting room and just looked at her and didnt do nothing then he just leaves like nothing even happened

billybulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People do this (except they are acting) in the ER all the time so they can get in before the others.

Just like in a major city, we can use Detroit, every call that comes into 911 there is a gun involved when in fact there isnt. The caller knows it will get a priority response. Group of kids hanging out at a crackhouse, if you call and say they are hanging out and being loud it will take hours for response...mention GUN and it will be minutes.

It is that whole cry wolf thing.....but she wasn't faking.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well the other problem is the 911 operators don't do anything anyway.

The other problem is, the health care system in general is corrupt.

I lost my father to a corrupt system. It's everywhere, not just the U.S.

Unfortunately, the U.S. protects doctors from any wrongdoing...so they're like the police - think that they're invincible and untouchable.

The emergency rooms are a joke. They should make all non-critical care people go to a different office entirely.
People bleeding on the floor should always take precedence over some Low income piece of trash that has the sniffles, looking for his next medicine "Fix"

reecho

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Psychiatric care in the UK is the same standard as it was 100 years ago. Basically, ignore it if you can, if you can't, then hide the mentalists away, and let them drool and play with themselves in a corner.

Yes, so that was a flippant statement, but I challenge anyone to disprove it. I have had an apalling experience with UK mental health care with my best friend. He's been denied counselling because 'we only have female counsellors, and they don't like talking to men who cut themselves' , he handed himself into a place voluntarily, only for me to have to go down to the hospital with the police to get him out, because they drugged him against his will, and then I had to go and speak to his Doctor, and tell them how they should actually try and help him, instead of the sick-note-bastards that were taking up all of the surgerys time.

It's not the health professionals help, I'm sure. It's just that people don't understand how the brain-chemistry works - still - and people who cut \ talk to themselves \ see things are basically put into the bucket of 'alchoholic, child-abused, dole-skiving gimps'.

*starts to calm down*

Well, he moved to America now, and is 'mostly' settled over there - but he's good to be out the way of the UK mental healthcare lot. I'm just not looking forward to my old age when I start drooling. If I'm lucky, they'll euthanise me and use me for biofuel, rather than let me wander on the street with my cock hanging out...

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes it was, but only in response to an equally unjustified one.

My first post in this thread was very justified and it was not a swipe at you. You then chose to take an unjustified swipe at me.

And in that thread I did not mention your apparently sub-conscious American bashing.

Last edited: