Woman obsession with shoes

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
First of all. This is NOT a female bashing thread. I always wonder why woman are so obsessed with buying shoes. Can any of you ladies please explain that?

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

I think you could ask a million women and none of us would be able to give a satisfactory answer, women like shoes just because. I'm sure there's some psychological theory behind it, like they're a sex substitute, but even when I was having stupid amounts of sex I still needed shoes, people will correct me on that by saying 'you want shoes' but I don't, I NEED them.

I've occasionally bought shoes I know I will never wear because they're wildly impractical, just because they were so damned pretty :)

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My god. You ask about a woman's shoes? You are brave man!:biggrin1:
I will continue to create controversial threads. With the difference that i will be more carefull on how the thread is adressed.:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::cool::cool:

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I think you could ask a million women and none of us would be able to give a satisfactory answer, women like shoes just because. I'm sure there's some psychological theory behind it, like they're a sex substitute, but even when I was having stupid amounts of sex I still needed shoes, people will correct me on that by saying 'you want shoes' but I don't, I NEED them.

I've occasionally bought shoes I know I will never wear because they're wildly impractical, just because they were so damned pretty :)
Maybe i will not get answers but i hope that maybe atleast one girl member explain that. So far you got the best explanation.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I will continue to create controversial threads. With the difference that i will be more carefull on how the thread is adressed.:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::cool::cool:
I asked that very question the other day. She said why not? I said well you only have two feet. :biggrin1:

B_Veronica_Divine

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I want my shoes to go with my clothes as nicely as possible. This means having pairs that go with specific combinations in mind as opposed to just one skirt or pair of pants.

That being said, I think you'll find most of hate actually *shopping* for shoes...it's the *having* them we like.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Best ever shoes quote was perhaps Mrs. Marcos.

"It isn't correct when you say that I had 2000 pairs of shoes. I only had 1400."

Or something like that. :biggrin1:

A very elegant and sensuous woman here explained shoes to me. But I can not divulge the mystery to you TB. You must follow your own path to enlightenment. :wink:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For me there are four "types" of shoes.
Those I "have " to wear because of work - steelcap boots.
Those I wear for comfort around the house -fip flops, ballet slippers.
Those I buy to set off an outfit,nothing can make or break a stunning outfit like the wrong shoes. To the point where I will nornally buy the shoes first and match the outfit to them, because it's easier to match the outfit to shoes than the other way around.
And then there are the shoes I buy just because they are pretty. It is like art that you can wear.
I like heels because they make my legs look great. They throw all my weight forward. The muscles in my legs and bum flex and tighten. They push my pelvis forward and you can't help but walk with swinging hips and rolling buttocks.
I never feel more powerful, desirable or more "WOMAN" than when my man is naked on the bed and I stalk into the bedroom wearing nothing but a pair of black heels.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aww... shoes....what can I say? Shoes are the ultimate in making an outfit complete. Shoes give different personalities to the outfit you wear. Stilettos are just plain sexy and leave me with no doubt as to their attraction power.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If shoes are pretty enough I will shed my own blood, and sacrifice my own comfort to wear them. If the shoes are pretty enough, I will buy them and worry later about having something for them to accesorize. God help my wallet if the matching purse or scarf is nearby.

I wear 3-4" heels. I'm supposed to wear flats because my doctor said I have bad knees. I'd rather get new knees.

But why? Because shoes set the mood. Picture jeans with sneakers. Now picture them with flip-flops. Now with pumps. Now with high-heeled, open-toed, strappy sandals. Now picture them with construction boots. Now try out combat boots. What about cowgirl boots? Can you picture them with a nice, dress boot with a slender heel? Pair them, in your mind, with loafers.

As you picture all those different shoes with the same pair of jeans try to think about the woman wearing that outfit, even though you can't see her from the waist up. Where is she going? What does she want to do? Is she hoping to draw attention? Does she plan to do much walking? Dancing? Is she attractive? Is she interesting? Is she sexy? I bet your answers change based on your own preferences, and what shoe you imagine.

Different shoes set different moods. Sometimes, when I worked outside my home, if I was to meet up with friends after (or before) work, I might bring just a different pair of shoes in lieu of a whole different set of clothing.

People like pretty things, and practical things too. My boyfriend buys sporting goods as often as I buy shoes. He has a bike he uses all the time, kind of like I wear my flats. He has resistnace bands he uses when he feels buff, kind of like how I always wear open-toed pumps or sandals for a few days after a pedicure. He has swim trunks which are only for summer, just like my thong sandals. He has a Camelbak which a million practical uses, like my sneakers. In fact, he has two, in different sizes. I have two pairs of sneakers for similar reasons.

Everyone collects something, tallbig. What do you collect? I collect books and shoes.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Past life regression has revealed I was a millipede in a former life.

Because shoes set the mood. Picture jeans with sneakers. Now picture them with flip-flops. Now with pumps. Now with high-heeled, open-toed, strappy sandals. Now picture them with construction boots. Now try out combat boots. What about cowgirl boots? Can you picture them with a nice, dress boot with a slender heel? Pair them, in your mind, with loafers.

As you picture all those different shoes with the same pair of jeans try to think about the woman wearing that outfit, even though you can't see her from the waist up. Where is she going? What does she want to do? Is she hoping to draw attention? Does she plan to do much walking? Dancing? Is she attractive? Is she interesting? Is she sexy? I bet your answers change based on your own preferences, and what shoe you imagine.

I don't think anyone will express this better. The only example you missed were Crocs, which I imagine say, "I don't give a shit how they look, I'm comfortable".

What arouses my curiosity is men who own 20-40 pair of athletic shoes.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
First of all. This is NOT a female bashing thread. I always wonder why woman are so obsessed with buying shoes. Can any of you ladies please explain that?
I can't believe you haven't figured it out yet TallBig. :rolleyes:
In the course of a womans life our bodies may change, we may get pregnant, our weights can fluctuate. But for the most part our feet stay the same. :smile: A pair of pretty shoes that fit great can lift my spirits quicker than any Rx pill.

OMG! Me too. :cool:

Gillette until metrosexuals became so popular I had a surefire way of determing a mans sexuality. A straight man rarely if ever has more than 12 pairs of shoes, boots, and sneakers. A man with 30-40 pairs of shoes in his closet is either gay or a shoe model.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

So i HAVE to post here.... first off I have no foot fetish thing going on.... but shoes make the woman (next to cleavage), after shoes, comes how she fits in jeans, after that .. the walk, then hair... getting sidetracked.

They buy so many because they do many many things for them, ...flaunt, show their mood, show their style (or lack thereof), use them to express out of their norm... and drive a few guys like me crazy.

Signed,
The Next Steve Madden

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If shoes are pretty enough I will shed my own blood, and sacrifice my own comfort to wear them. If the shoes are pretty enough, I will buy them and worry later about having something for them to accesorize. God help my wallet if the matching purse or scarf is nearby.

I wear 3-4" heels. I'm supposed to wear flats because my doctor said I have bad knees. I'd rather get new knees.

But why? Because shoes set the mood. Picture jeans with sneakers. Now picture them with flip-flops. Now with pumps. Now with high-heeled, open-toed, strappy sandals. Now picture them with construction boots. Now try out combat boots. What about cowgirl boots? Can you picture them with a nice, dress boot with a slender heel? Pair them, in your mind, with loafers.

Different shoes set different moods. Sometimes, when I worked outside my home, if I was to meet up with friends after (or before) work, I might bring just a different pair of shoes in lieu of a whole different set of clothing.

People like pretty things, and practical things too. My boyfriend buys sporting goods as often as I buy shoes. He has a bike he uses all the time, kind of like I wear my flats. He has resistnace bands he uses when he feels buff, kind of like how I always wear open-toed pumps or sandals for a few days after a pedicure. He has swim trunks which are only for summer, just like my thong sandals. He has a Camelbak which a million practical uses, like my sneakers. In fact, he has two, in different sizes. I have two pairs of sneakers for similar reasons.

Everyone collects something, tallbig. What do you collect? I collect books and shoes.

I got great collection of tools and books too.

Manbap

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
99.9% of women shoes have high heels, so put it this way: women are so obsessed with shoes because they make them taller, period!