Woman=singular, Women=PLURAL!

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Womben/Wymyn

*shudder* I'm warning you! When we get assigned to Petaluma I'm giving you such a spanking!:mad:

Yeah, why do woman always get so worked up over this? (sorry, couldn't resist).
Every English-speaker should get worked up over native speakers who can't speak the language, can't speak any other languages, yet are incensed that we still offer public services in languages other than English in the USA. The misuse of the word 'women' definitely bothers me as does poor usage in general. However, this particular group peeves me the most.

B_bowtie-teen

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
They have the right to call themselves whatever they want to.

I call them Women, because that's how I've been raised to. I think that by doing so I am being as Sexually derogatory as any woman who spells it the way the dictionary does.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
pfffft, b a wymynz and go 2 da kitshan.
Get a dictionary. Next, be a man, and die early. :tongue:

Actually maybe it's really "woetoman?"
That's it, Mr. Noogies too!

Promises, promises.....:tongue:
:eek: Go pick out your switch!

They have the right to call themselves whatever they want to.

I call them Women, because that's how I've been raised to. I think that by doing so I am being as Sexually derogatory as any woman who spells it the way the dictionary does.
Uh... We're discussing grammar and usage. Or making jokes. This thread is about grammar or usage complaints, friend. We're not entertaining serious debate over feminism, or attempts to alter the language. Please start another thread if you;d like to discuss that.

B_bowtie-teen

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Those are both good ones, but how about

They're instead of their or even there.

I also detest when people forget to use plural (see what I mean?) or used (haha) the wrong past tense.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You know what else got me (if we're not supposed to be discussing grammar, somebody stop me) but CONVERSATE isn't/wasn't a word. I don't remember seeing "conversate" in a dictionary til recently, probably because so many people said it that it had to be made into a word. Hell, bootylicious is in some dictionaries.