woman with diabetes

cuthroat_8.5X6.5

Sexy Member
Media
Perth City (Western Australia, Australia)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i was just wondering if any ladies on here have diabetes or guys with girls who have it and if there sex lives are affected by it?
my girlfriend has it, shes not overweight and im not sure about the side effects on libido but hers is fairly good and she gets in the mood and gets wet easy, but doesnt enjoy sex as much as other girls ive been with, also she finds it very hard to climax, even if shes masturbating.
the diabetes makes her get thrush easy which were trying to control with her sugars and all that, but so far we use condoms or else i get the thrush too.
so i was wondering if anyone else with diabetes experiences anything like this, its very hard on me because its extremly difficult to make her cum and ive never had that problem with women before, and of course its difficult on her cos it hurts her alot and she feels bad i feel bad etc
i dunno if this makes sense to anyone but any feedback is appreciated
thanks

D

deleted356736

There are three types of diabetes: type one, type two and secondary. Type one is juvenile onset insufficient or no insulin production, type two is where sufficient insulin is produced but the body loses the ability to absorb glucose from the blood, and secondary is insufficient or no insulin production secondary to an illness.

Type 2 diabetics are typically obese and inactive, although it can happen at about 10% overweight (so anyone reading this, even if you're only a little overweight, be afraid). Obesity affects almost anything physical, including sex.

All diabetes can destroy fine blood vessels and destroy nerves, which impacts on male sexual performance in that men can no longer gain an erection (so if you're even only a little overweight, be afraid). For women, such destruction could advesly affect sexual response in that engorgement of the genitals would be constrained, as would sexual feeling and nerve response. For type 2 diabetics, the diabetes can destroy the beta cells in the liver, which means the patient no longer produces insulin. So even if weight is lost, the patient still remains a diabetic.

The key to diabetes is to manage blood sugar to within normal ranges, which is a HBa1C of about 5% to 5.5%, fasting blood sugar around 4 mmol/l to 5 mmol/l, and a 2-hour post-prandial reading of no more than 7 mmol/l. These readings, especially the 2-hour, are much less than what diabetics are taught, but are essential in order to maintain a good, healthy body.

I have secondary diabetes, treated by insulin. By keeping my diabetes in the ranges above, my sex life is as good as it has ever been.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i was just wondering if any ladies on here have diabetes or guys with girls who have it and if there sex lives are affected by it?
my girlfriend has it, shes not overweight and im not sure about the side effects on libido but hers is fairly good and she gets in the mood and gets wet easy, but doesnt enjoy sex as much as other girls ive been with, also she finds it very hard to climax, even if shes masturbating.
the diabetes makes her get thrush easy which were trying to control with her sugars and all that, but so far we use condoms or else i get the thrush too.
so i was wondering if anyone else with diabetes experiences anything like this, its very hard on me because its extremly difficult to make her cum and ive never had that problem with women before, and of course its difficult on her cos it hurts her alot and she feels bad i feel bad etc
i dunno if this makes sense to anyone but any feedback is appreciated
thanks

Thrush?:confused: Eeek! :eek: No one warned me about that! :mad: I was literally, just diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes on Monday of this week. Still trying to figure out that One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Monitoring system thingy. :irked:

My ever so empathetic mother, of course made fudge brownies tonight for the first time in like 12 years. :mad: :rolleyes:

Haven't had sex since being diagnosed, but when I do I will be sure to let you know if it feels different. :wink:

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thrush?:confused: Eeek! :eek: No one warned me about that! :mad:

Yes it's nasty,I've gotten thrush twice going down on my wife.It means white cheese growing in your mouth.So much you have to hawk it up and spit,to swallow and breath normal!:frown1:But it does get better, trust me!:smile:

cuthroat_8.5X6.5

Sexy Member
Media
Perth City (Western Australia, Australia)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
thanks for the feedback so far guys :)
yeah shes type 1, sorry if i didnt mention that above.
yeah the thrush for her is un-noticable, no pain or discomfort for her, its hard to control with oral and cream treatment, only keeping her sugars low helps but its can come back instantly, i havnt caught it orally from her but on my cock, was itchy and red at first and excruciatingly painful and went all red and lumpy ans swollen, went right to the doctors and he was very helpfull and told me what to get which cleared it right up in a few days, which in turn made her discover for the first time she had thrush. very upsetting and embarrasing for her, but as i said to her, if it bothered me that much we wouldnt still be together :p
but was incredibly scary at first until dr told me what it was :p but with condoms havnt caught it again, not always but sometimes discharge on the condoms after.

D

deleted356736

I have no sympathy for anyone with type 2 diabetes, because it's self-inflicted. But be that as it may, as long as the diabetes is managed such that blood sugar stays within the ranges I mentioned above, it will have no adverse consequences.

For type one diabetics and secondary like myself, insulin is a necessary evil. I err towards hypoglycemia and then correct with glucose rather than the other way. So I do make my post-prandial limits tight, and use my Medisense to work out if I got it right, or if I need an extra unit of insulin or maybe bump my blood sugar with some glucose.

I work in pathology and I know that 'normal' blood sugar levels are continually be re-defined lower and lower. So the more often you can stay in the range 3.9 mmol/l to 7 mmol/l within 2 hours of a meal, the better. Ignore the diabetes educators, and aim for real 'normal'.

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
I have no sympathy for anyone with type 2 diabetes, because it's self-inflicted. But be that as it may, as long as the diabetes is managed such that blood sugar stays within the ranges I mentioned above, it will have no adverse consequences.

I feel the same way too. I have no sympathy for anyone who has it too. I remember my ex's mom calling us because she had something serious to tell us but did not want to tell us over the phone. So we got all worried and drove a hour out. And she told us she had Type 2 Diabetes and boy was I ever fuming. We drove out thinking she had cancer or that a close family member was dying.

I was very pissed off and to this day I wish I had said something, even if it did cost me my relationship with my ex at that time.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no sympathy for anyone with type 2 diabetes, because it's self-inflicted.
Scuse you?! Fuck you and the pink pony you road in on. :irked: :angryfire2:
I was literally just diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes this week and I am here to say you and the sanctimonious prig who posted after you are wrong.

Although I knew that diabetes 'ran in the family' I didn't stick my head in the sand and ignore it. About 10 years ago I changed my diet and and increased my activity level. Even though friends, family, and even some doctors said I was wasting my time, I stuck with it. I have a severely under active thyroid and anyone who is hypothyroid will tell you, that weight loss is very difficult. I try not to use my thyroid as an excuse. Since I fall within the standard insurance company height/weight parameters for women. I feel more than comfortable in stating that I do NOT deserve this damned disease and I did everything I could to avoid it.

But be that as it may, as long as the diabetes is managed such that blood sugar stays within the ranges I mentioned above, it will have no adverse consequences.

For type one diabetics and secondary like myself, insulin is a necessary evil. I err towards hypoglycemia and then correct with glucose rather than the other way. So I do make my post-prandial limits tight, and use my Medisense to work out if I got it right, or if I need an extra unit of insulin or maybe bump my blood sugar with some glucose.

I work in pathology and I know that 'normal' blood sugar levels are continually be re-defined lower and lower. So the more often you can stay in the range 3.9 mmol/l to 7 mmol/l within 2 hours of a meal, the better. Ignore the diabetes educators, and aim for real 'normal'.

]I feel the same way too. I have no sympathy for anyone who has it too. [/B]I remember my ex's mom calling us because she had something serious to tell us but did not want to tell us over the phone. So we got all worried and drove a hour out. And she told us she had Type 2 Diabetes and boy was I ever fuming. We drove out thinking she had cancer or that a close family member was dying.

I was very pissed off and to this day I wish I had said something, even if it did cost me my relationship with my ex at that time.

Your mother-in-law was/is a drama queen. Her character flaws have nothing to do with diabetes. So continue being eaten up by hate for her if you must; but don't blame it on the diabetes. :mad: :rolleyes:

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
Your mother-in-law was/is a drama queen. Her character flaws have nothing to do with diabetes. So continue being eaten up by hate for her if you must; but don't blame it on the diabetes. :mad: :rolleyes:

Boy are you wrong. NO where in my post do I say blame the diabetes nor do I correlate her character flaws with diabetes. I was basically pissed off because she made a BIG deal out of diabetes when it was nothing. If it was a cancer or something worse, then I would have been sympathetic but I wanted to tell her at that time she was being a drama queen and that Type II diabetes is manageable and that she'd be fine.

But it doesn't matter. There are other things about her that made my ex an ex.

D

deleted356736

Type 2 diabetes is manageable, lose weight and exercise more and it goes away. Don't lose weight and don't exercise, and you're in big trouble.

The key to managing type 2 diabetes or preventing type 2 diabetes is exercise, at least 30 minutes of intense exercise every day of the year. Weight doesn't come into it as much as exercise. For type 2 diabetics, exercise is critical. For other diabetics, regular intense exercise is the most important ingredient for us to manage our condition. Without exercise every day, it's very hard to keep blood sugar levels under control. I swim laps three times a week, and I work at other type of exercise on other days.

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NJQT perhaps liposuction would help you be able to keep the weight off that you can't take off due to hypothyroidism?

I feel for you. It's amazing how fucking depressing this world can be some times.

ukboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Type 2 Diabetes is NOT self-inflicted. To agirlonfire - I'm sure to your ex-mother-in-law it was a big deal.

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Type 2 Diabetes is absolutely self-inflicted. There is a 100% correlation with one other health condition: being overweight. And that is absolutely something that most people CAN manage but choose not to.

Okay, I guess there are some rare cases where the Type 2 D is a reaction to some horrid medication, but that is about as rare as a non-smoker who lives on a Fjord developing lung cancer.

As for the thrush (Vaginitis for the Americans here) that's a fungal infection. It may or may not be related to the diabetes. The solution would be douching with an antinfungal solution and probably a topical cream for a few weeks, but it may well come back anyway.

D

deleted356736

Type 2 diabetes is most certainly self-inflicted. Eat less, exercise more, and you won't get it. If you have it, eat less and exercise more and it goes away.

My second published novel was an erotic piece set in the 1920's, starting in Australia and then travelling to Paris. To research it, I studied everything from diets to clothing to train timetables and more. I looked at hundreds of photos from that era at the National Library here in Canberra. What amazed me was that hardly anyone in those photos were fat! Almost none. Today, more than half of Australian adults are overweight, and about 20% are obese. As for me, at age 51 I am 3kg heavier than when I was a slim 18 year-old. Why are so many adults in Australia, the US and the UK fat these days?

My original comment still stands. To put on weight, you have to eat it, it just doesn't 'appear'. For sure, some like myself are luckier in that we don't put on weight so easily, but part of my build also comes from swiming laps three times a week, and pounding the roads on every day not spent swimming. Staying fit, healthy and in shape takes hard work, but if you want to be fit, healthy and have a long and satisfying life, then you have to put the effort in.

As a diabetic, the number one issue is EXERCISE. Exercise with vigour for at least half-an-hour every single day of your life, and I guarantee that you won't get type 2 diabetes.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

As for the thrush (Vaginitis for the Americans here) that's a fungal infection. It may or may not be related to the diabetes. The solution would be douching with an antinfungal solution and probably a topical cream for a few weeks, but it may well come back anyway.

So I'm supposed to douche my mouth then apply a topical cream in my mouth.Please explain how I keep the cream in place.:rolleyes:

runner1918

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My girlfriend has type 1 diabetes and our sex is awesome, she has an orgasm almost every time. The only thing that is annoying is we have to unplug her pump before i can pull her pants down

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This thread is beginning to make me very angry. There are a number of people on this board who suffer from type II diabetes who do not appreciate your overarching generalizations about the disorder. I too suffer from hypothyroidism and have type II diabetes. My blood sugar is very much under control, I walk at least 30 minutes a day and try to eat a healthy diet. There are certain groups who are at high risk for this disorder. My doctor in fact told me that my respiratory meds and genetics had a large part in kicking me into type II diabetes. Both of my parents had it and they were not particularly obese. Almost all of my cousins in my generation have it as well. Some are overweight but many are not.
As for one of the poster's mother, I do not know your stepmother but I only hope that if anything catastrophic happens to you that you will have someone who is kind to you. We have had members on this board who have died from complications caused by type II diabetes and i am SURE that many of their friends would curse you out in a heartbeat for being so insensitive. Let me hip you to the real deal...

Diabetes can cause blindness
Diabetes can cause heart disease
Diabetes can cause kidney failure
Diabetes can cause amputation
Diabetes can cause strokes.

Is this enough to get upset about? Also, there are members on this board who have what is called brittle diabetes who in spite of attempts to control their glucose levels through diet and exercise continue to have erratic and life endangering spikes in blood sugar. It seems in this case that a little learining is a dangerous thing. Walk a mile in our shoes....

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
This thread is beginning to make me very angry. There are a number of people on this board who suffer from type II diabetes who do not appreciate your overarching generalizations about the disorder. I too suffer from hypothyroidism and have type II diabetes. My blood sugar is very much under control, I walk at least 30 minutes a day and try to eat a healthy diet. There are certain groups who are at high risk for this disorder. My doctor in fact told me that my respiratory meds and genetics had a large part in kicking me into type II diabetes. Both of my parents had it and they were not particularly obese. Almost all of my cousins in my generation have it as well. Some are overweight but many are not.
As for one of the poster's mother, I do not know your stepmother but I only hope that if anything catastrophic happens to you that you will have someone who is kind to you. We have had members on this board who have died from complications caused by type II diabetes and i am SURE that many of their friends would curse you out in a heartbeat for being so insensitive. Let me hip you to the real deal...

Diabetes can cause blindness
Diabetes can cause heart disease
Diabetes can cause kidney failure
Diabetes can cause amputation
Diabetes can cause strokes.

Is this enough to get upset about? Also, there are members on this board who have what is called brittle diabetes who in spite of attempts to control their glucose levels through diet and exercise continue to have erratic and life endangering spikes in blood sugar. It seems in this case that a little learining is a dangerous thing. Walk a mile in our shoes....

I had to go back in the posts to see who was talking about their stepmom. Nobody mentioned their stepmom, so obviously you meant my EX-BOYFRIEND's MOTHER. Meaning she's not my stepmom or mother in law or sister or such..

I'm sorry if I appear insensitive, but as much as diabetes can cause this andd that, it's not something to become melodramatic about or an issue for a drama queen to make a mole hill out of. And no you don't know my EX BOYFRIEND"S MOTHER..... She's a drama queen and has double standards... And I just certainly don't think it's something that you call your son and his girlfriend, asking that they come but refuse to tell them until they get there... then announce it's diabetes. We thought his mother was DYING. My ex was besides himself until he got to her house. She could have told us on the phone and let us know she was upset. Then it would have generated a different kind of reaction. AND even though I thought she made a big deal out of nothing, I said nothing about it and extended my support to her.

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
My doctor in fact told me that my respiratory meds and genetics had a large part in kicking me into type II diabetes. Both of my parents had it and they were not particularly obese.
Ahh, you've hit on two really important points about Diabetes, particularly the traditional "Type II."
1- Diabetes is the most commonly-suffered disease among Americans. When I was in college I did some economics work on Diabetes and I want to say the number in 2003 was around 25 million. Hence, the medical industry in general has a huge patient base here, which they view as a profit center. No incentive to get people to be healthier...
2- "Particularly obese," is an interesting way of putting it. Diabetes II thrives, in my observation, in two particular body types: very obese and just a tad overweight. The very obese is pretty obvious- the Pancreas just can't kick out enough insulin for someone that big. The just a tad overweight is a little more challenging but my theory is that these people genetically supposed to be smaller than they are so they are actually quite large for what their body is programmed to expect.

As for the complications of Diabetes, they know not the cause of the disease. Whether you're a I or a II, thin, fat, medium, you face the same really terrible risks, such as amputations of extremities from painful infections, serious eye problems, ear problems, neurological and sensory problems, you name it.

My grandmother was diagnosed at age 55 with what they then called, "Adult Onset Diabetes," which was the traditional Type II, but it didn't really fit since she was about 5'9 and 90lbs at best. Despite efforts at controlling it with diet and exercise, she could not survive without R and N (sometimes called H) insulin twice daily. She lost sight in one eye and hearing in the opposite ear and had terrible foot problems. She also lost almost all pigment, but that might have been unrelated. Also any change to her daily routine would result in acute violent and painful illness, so it was critical to have meals at 8 am, noon, and 5 on the dot, with very tightly scheduled snacks and injections. Despite all of that she lived to 99 and died after penning a scathing letter to my father.

It is not fun being a Diabetic. If eating sensibly and spending an hour at the gym 5 or 6 days a week is what it takes to avoid this, I'd say it is time well spent. Plus you'll look hot so bonus:smile:!