Women’s Locker Room (terra Incognita)

Rsechs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have never been in a women’s locker room (another bucket list item likely to go unfulfilled ...), but amongst us fellas there is something known as the “towel dance,” where a guy keeps a towel wrapped around his waist the entire time, including while he is changing clothes.

The reason for this phenomenon is disputed. In my experience, however, nudity in the men’s locker room is limited and fleeting. A few guys will walk to the showers nude; fewer still return that way. Some will stand on a towel while getting dressed; others will take off their towel to dry their hair, etc.

Despite the bandwidth consumed by the fantasies of voyeurs and exhibitionists, the overwhelming majority of guys (including me) are pretty modest and either face their locker or face away from the other guys for the 5 seconds or so that we are actually naked. So to us, the towel dance looks pretty silly.

But, is there a female equivalent to the towel dance?

Do you think that women are less likely to be nude (e.g., body image issues) or more likely (i.e. no creepy guys around)?

This is a serious question and I am not trolling for lurid or lascivious details (although I do think I used the adjective “female” above appropriately).

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Link to the most recent thread I can recall about the topic (there's been several):

Behind The Women's Locker Room Door

My answer is the same as the general consensus in that thread: I spend as little time as possible in the locker room, not even getting nude unless I am swimming. In that case i change into/out of my suit in a bathroom stall. I think most other women do the same, as far as i can tell. Very little nudity. As ML said in the other, the only ones I sometimes see balls out nekkid (in a manner of speaking) are the senior citizens. They genuinely don't give a flying fuck.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's been many, many years since I've been in a women's locker room. After a workout it's all about getting presentable again to go back to work, so wasn't nobody flaunting or gazing. And in my hazy memory I recall stalls in the showers where you could dress in private.

I go to the gym every day, but I'm home before 7AM to get ready for my day. Unless I need the bathroom I have no need for the locker room.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The times I’ve been in a locker room are few. But as mentioned, the only real nudity I’ve seen are the senior ladies. I think nudity is fleeting when present, though. I really didn’t pay much attention to what’s going on around me, so I never really noticed a towel dance of any sort.

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My use of a gym is few and far between and even less these days, I do go swimming at a local leisure centre occasionally, when I do I just get changed into my costume and have my hour. When I'm done I change outta my costume and use the showers because I can't stand the smell of chlorine on my body, I towel off normally and get dressed. I personally don't really have any inhibitions in situations like that, I just go about what I'm doing. I can't really say I've taken any real notice of any other womens habits, if I'm with a friend or friends then it'll be a little more intimate as in we'll have a chat and a laugh while we're getting showered and changed, we usually go for lunch or drinks after so we'll be changing and doing our makeup etc.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I suspect, that like those humans called men, humans called women have differing willingness/ concern/ noticing of nudity in a changing area.

I’ve seen a variety of modesty levels. Mine is personally high, but if it’s an all women facility, I notice less concern with covering up. I notice I relax, too.

what’s funny is I’ve been in the women’s side of soaking caves, and when they were no clothing allowed, compared to their current clothing optional status, the changing area is quite modest.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just south of me is a very unique place called Cafe Risque along the interstate. It's been called a Naked Denny's because it's an All Naked All The Time diner. The thought of trying to eat bacon and eggs with that in my face is beyond repulsive. Yet the parking lot is full.

I met a young woman at an event once who was a reporter for a local college newspaper, and she did a story on the place after going there with some friends. She said there was no real dressing room for the "performers" so they used the ladies room.

She excused herself to go to the ladies room and was surprised to see no doors on the stalls. She asked the manager on duty what that was. She was told that the performers don't really have that much of a problem with nudity and since they use the room more than anyone else they didn't see the need for such vanity.

Yeah, no.