Women and penis size: it's just science

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Not a women's issue yadda yadda blah blah.

So a recent study in PLoS ONE (lol) examined women's "penis size preference" among other things. The results will shock and amaze you!

1. Women prefer a 6.4" x 5" penis on men with whom they're having a one night stand.
  2. Women prefer a 6.3" x 4.8" penis on a man they're in a long term relationship with.
  3. Women are able to accurately recall the size of a penis they've handled. (gasp)
  4. In the minority of women who didn't recall the exact same sized penis a second time, they actually picked a slightly smaller one.
  5. Women think the "average" penis is smaller than it actually is.
  6. Only 15% of women think they care about the size of a man's penis more than the average woman.
  7. 34% of women think they care less about the size of a man's penis than the average woman.
  8. 7% of women had ended a relationship because a partner was too large, and 21% had ended one because a partner was too small.
Conclusions: Women can actually accurately recall penises by size, tend to actually think they're smaller than they really are, and tend to think the average is smaller than it really is. Most women don't think they care more about the penis size of a partner more than the average woman, and most have not had penis size play a role in ending a relationship.

Jeez... It's almost like this is consistent with what the women here usually say about penis size!

Cue the armchair scientists to tell us how inadequate this study was and how the results aren't valid because yadda yadda they don't fit with my worldview that penis size is the end all be all of human relationships.

I think it's number 8, the 21% that scares the shit out of every male that's the problem.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it's number 8, the 21% that scares the shit out of every male that's the problem.

That's not 21% of relationships. That's 21% of women who had at least one relationship (out of all their relationships) that they ended because he was too small. So it's more in the range of 5%. Really not worth having the shit scared out of you (even if you're smaller than average).

Reactions: fluffychocolate

That's not 21% of relationships. That's 21% of women who had at least one relationship (out of all their relationships) that they ended because he was too small. So it's more in the range of 5%. Really not worth having the shit scared out of you (even if you're smaller than average).

Perceptions mean a lot. Regardless of the stats it is how the 21% is perceived by guys that may already be insecure.

Me I don't give a shit one way or another. In my experience if you're not a walking asshole, chances are better than even that your cock size is never an issue.

Reactions: fluffychocolate

Do men leave women because of the mechanical fit and subsequent pleasure derived from their partners vagina? Curious. Never been there.

An entertaining thought, but I couldn't tell the difference between a vagina that is three inches deep vice one that is six inches; if I could I would probably be a handsomely compensated gynecologist (I doubt they can all tell either).

How the hell would one measure something that expands and contracts as much as a vagina. The big pussy that can't feel a cock theory IMHO is more fantasy than reality. Possible but not an absolute.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Do men leave women because of the mechanical fit and subsequent pleasure derived from their partners vagina? Curious. Never been there.
People leave each other for all sorts of reasons, and physical incompatibility is definitely one of them.

Perceptions mean a lot. Regardless of the stats it is how the 21% is perceived by guys that may already be insecure.

Me I don't give a shit one way or another. In my experience if you're not a walking asshole, chances are better than even that your cock size is never an issue.
Well that latter statement seems to basically pan out here.

As for insecure guys getting scared because 21% ended a relationship over a guy having a penis that was too small, that's not really on the women as I'm sure you're aware.

This is anecdotal, but I have a dear friend who was married and had six children with a man with a bona fide micropenis. Had he not been cheating on her with hookers and become a raging alcoholic, they'd still be married--the sex was not good for her, but she valued the relationship very highly, even more highly than the sex. (He did not, apparently, but go figure.) Anyway, my point is that even with this study, it's a minority of women for whom penis size had a relationship-defining quality. So dudes need to chill.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you asking if there are men who will leave a woman who does not, for whatever reason (in this case, a loose fit) satisfy them sexually? Because...yes. Yes there are. There are those who feel too badly about leaving so instead they cheat. There are those who get tired of cheating and finally leave. There are those who cheat, pick up diseases, and bring them home. Then there are those who cheat, pick up diseases, bring them home, and THEN leave. Then, you have the ones who just accept dissatisfaction, and stay, some of whom become resentful and foul. So. Yes.

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Are you asking if there are men who will leave a woman who does not, for whatever reason (in this case, a loose fit) satisfy them sexually? Because...yes. Yes there are. There are those who feel too badly about leaving so instead they cheat. There are those who get tired of cheating and finally leave. There are those who cheat, pick up diseases, and bring them home. Then there are those who cheat, pick up diseases, bring them home, and THEN leave. Then, you have the ones who just accept dissatisfaction, and stay, some of whom become resentful and foul. So. Yes.

I wonder. ...do you think there's any of those "resentful and foul" type guys here? ........ naaaahh! :D

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Pfffft! Men would never!

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Those numbers don't quite sit right. Earlier this year the British Journal of Urology International published a meta-analysis of 17 studies that included a total of 15,521 men that concluded that the average erect length is 5.16" and the average erect circumference is 4.59".

Therefore, if women prefer 6.3" long and 4.8" girth for long term relationships, the average man is inadequate.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Those numbers don't quite sit right. Earlier this year the British Journal of Urology International published a meta-analysis of 17 studies that included a total of 15,521 men that concluded that the average erect length is 5.16" and the average erect circumference is 4.59".

Therefore, if women prefer 6.3" long and 4.8" girth for long term relationships, the average man is inadequate.
Read the paper.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I prefer caramel sauce mixxed into vanilla milkshakes.

I still like vanilla milkshakes and they are adequate.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I read it yesterday or the day before. I don't remember the details. Actually, it was fairly dull reading and I skimmed most of it. What's you're point?

Unrelated to the paper, but just the fact that your argument doesn't hold water is the bigger point.

Apart from what a preference means, you're misunderstanding biology if you think that animals, including people, always prefer average.

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I prefer caramel sauce mixxed into vanilla milkshakes.

I still like vanilla milkshakes and they are adequate.

I get this!

I PREFER Big, Thick Chocolate cake, but a small slice of creamy coconut is quite adequate!
(and I don't think I'd prefer Big, Thick, Chocolate cake if I could have it every single day of my life. ... but I can live with a small slice of creamy coconut...)

:)