women and swearing

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
it's still seen as less acceptable than when men swear.
i like what rita has to say about it:

Educating Rita said:
That's a nice picture, isn't it, Frank?

Er, yes, I suppose it is.

It's very erotic.

I don't think I've looked at that picture
in ten years. But yes, it is, I suppose so.

There's no suppose about it, look at those tits.
Do you mind me using words like that?

Like what?

Tits.

No.

No, you wouldn't. It's only the masses who don't understand. It's not their fault but sometimes I hate them. I do it to shock them sometimes. You know, like, when I'm in the hairdresser's, where I work, I'll say something like, "I'm really fucked," dead loud and it doesn't half cause a fuss.
But educated people don't worry, do they? It's the aristocracy that swears most. It's all "Pass me the fucking pheasant," with them.
But you couldn't tell them that round our way.
upper class women swear like troopers. i think it comes from being so rich and well bred that you don't have to give a shit about upsetting anybody.

i'm just rambling really but i notice this.
it's always the women who get criticised for swearing on this site.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Who gives a shit if women swear.

perhaps some punctilious stuffy-head blue blood type, let's just say. who doesn't like the word "twat" when uttered by a female party spontaneously. i'm just sayin', there are conservative types out there. you might not care, and might not conceive of it being possible in today's age, but there are folks who frown upon that sort of thing.

Last edited:

TheBestYouCan

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it can be taken overboard. I work in the oil and gas industry and, not being a roughneck myself but working around them you hear nothing but long strings of profanity that is used as communication. I don't mind a woman that swears here and there when an expletive is needed but I would be very turned off by a woman who swore constantly with almost every sentence like many men I have met do.

That's my 2 cents!

drabman

Expert Member
Media
I have to be honest - I find it unattractive in a woman. If you want to accuse me of double-standards, then fair enough, but since I don't fancy men their swearing isn't so much of an issue for me.

Within reason it's OK, but I'd be less interested in a really foul-mouthed woman.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I know some people who couldn't get a sentence out without cursing two or three times. I find that a bit distracting - hard to keep track of the message through the forrest of 'fucks'. Myself, I'm not a big curser, although I can really be impressive when I need to be. Apparently when I curse, it makes a huge impact!

Personally, I don't notice a gender difference, but I've heard a few men make comments about it.

bavmotors1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
When people in general swear I tend to tune them out (it is a crutch and an offensive one at that), but I like it less when women do it. Maybe it is wrong or sexist, but I have a higher standard of behavior for them. The only thing that makes a pretty woman seem less pretty that swearing is smoking - which is way worse than swearing.

In the bedroom all rules are off - except for the smoking.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
it's still seen as less acceptable than when men swear.

I see no reason why a woman should be subjected to different language standards than a man. If a man can go on a swearing jag then so can a woman.

Mainly I see little reason for swearing on either side except perhaps in cases of anger or frustration. The way it's gotten in recent years it's essentially lost the impact that it once had. It's not pretty or in any way amusing or appearing sharp and witty when people place cuss words in every paragraph of speech. Do it that much and you come off as an ignorant jerk with a limited vocabulary and that goes for male or female. Swear and cuss that much and I won't have much to do with you even if you have the sexiest body and turned me on before you opened your mouth.

Using cuss words in sexual situations has never struck me as swearing, it's really just sex talk and "fuck me harder baby, shove that cock deep inside" is at times a better instruction than "make me whimper whilst you make love to me dearest one".

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Worked in factory environments before, and worked with some women, who could wipe the floor with men and the way they swear.

However, this swearing was always used on a non-aggressive, almost joke like manor, and I have never had a problem with it to date, being it from a woman or guy for that matter.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i'm just rambling really but i notice this.
I've noticed this as well. We see women on the site chastised for swearing or having a bad/rude/confrontational attitude, and I think that response reflects the broader culture, which demands women "behave."

There is a fixation on women being happy, smiling and all fucking zip-a-dee-doo-dah throughout life, which totally reduces our complexity to some flat image. Sometimes, or for some women, at all times, fuck (shit, cunt, etc.) makes for a nice addition to the language. I, personally, embrace the potty mouth - fuck you all. :biggrin1:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You'd think working with contractors and subs that I would have a potty mouth, but I just wasnt raised that way. Mum and Dad never swore - well, at least not in front of me. My husband doesn't even swear, and since I no longer have to drive in Atlanta traffic my vocabulary has been cleaned up tremendously!

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've noticed this as well. We see women on the site chastised for swearing or having a bad/rude/confrontational attitude, and I think that response reflects the broader culture, which demands women "behave."

There is a fixation on women being happy, smiling and all fucking zip-a-dee-doo-dah throughout life, which totally reduces our complexity to some flat image. Sometimes, or for some women, at all times, fuck (shit, cunt, etc.) makes for a nice addition to the language. I, personally, embrace the potty mouth - fuck you all. :biggrin1:
yes, the aggressive men are rarely commented on here.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media

With an attitude like that, you deserve a Hickboy salute:

FUCK OFF.