women and swearing

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
i sometimes enjoy creative cursing. of course, i won't engage in it amongst more conservative folks out of deference. but still, it can be extremely pleasurable in the right situation.

my father's family has some czech, and i remember a great uncle saying something that sounded like "dee dough per deli" when i was a child. which i later learned meant "stick a screwdriver up your mother's ass."

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I avoid saying 'cunt' around women, though the idea I was instilled with that all women hate that word clearly isn't true.

I think in general guys I know swear more than girls I know, but probably not by a lot.

*edit* While I'm here, is 'cunt' generally used as an insult to women in the US? I think it has a slightly different meaning on the two sides of the Atlantic.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I avoid saying 'cunt' around women, though the idea I was instilled with that all women hate that word clearly isn't true.

I think in general guys I know swear more than girls I know, but probably not by a lot.

*edit* While I'm here, is 'cunt' generally used as an insult to women in the US? I think it has a slightly different meaning on the two sides of the Atlantic.

i would say it's generally used along the lines of "what a cunt", typically when referring to a woman deemed to have a nasty temperament. something along those lines. i don't hear too many people use it in my neck of the woods.

what i like about the word cunt is the hard c sound. it's a powerful-sounding word. like cock. i enjoy using them both, but only in private company amongst those with whom i am comfortable.

maybe other US folks have other insights on the usage of the word though.

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i would say it's generally used along the lines of "what a cunt", typically when referring to a woman deemed to have a nasty temperament. something along those lines. i don't hear too many people use it in my neck of the woods.

what i like about the word cunt is the hard c sound. it's a powerful-sounding word. like cock. i enjoy using them both, but only in private company amongst those with whom i am comfortable.

maybe other US folks have other insights on the usage of the word though.

Interesting! So a bit like bitch, but more venomous or hateful then? Over here I don't think it has much of a gender tie at all to be honest, and I think I hear it used more against men tbh. A 'cunt' over here is used for people who have pretty have no redeeming features whatsoever. They're just hateful sociopaths, basically. At least that's the usage I see. Well, other than being a term of endearment among my well-known friends that is!

I like creative cursing too! The stupider the better. Spunk-nugget. Piss-biscuits. etc.

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it can be taken overboard. I work in the oil and gas industry and, not being a roughneck myself but working around them you hear nothing but long strings of profanity that is used as communication. I don't mind a woman that swears here and there when an expletive is needed but I would be very turned off by a woman who swore constantly with almost every sentence like many men I have met do.

That's my 2 cents!

Fuckwit.

I have to be honest - I find it unattractive in a woman. If you want to accuse me of double-standards, then fair enough, but since I don't fancy men their swearing isn't so much of an issue for me.

Within reason it's OK, but I'd be less interested in a really foul-mouthed woman.

Fuckwit.

When people in general swear I tend to tune them out (it is a crutch and an offensive one at that), but I like it less when women do it. Maybe it is wrong or sexist, but I have a higher standard of behavior for them. The only thing that makes a pretty woman seem less pretty that swearing is smoking - which is way worse than swearing.

In the bedroom all rules are off - except for the smoking.

Fuckwit.

Bunch of fuckwits.

Zayne

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Swearing in public? Trailerpark, gangmembers, and butches.

MoneyForNothing

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've noticed this as well. We see women on the site chastised for swearing or having a bad/rude/confrontational attitude, and I think that response reflects the broader culture, which demands women "behave."

There is a fixation on women being happy, smiling and all fucking zip-a-dee-doo-dah throughout life, which totally reduces our complexity to some flat image.

That is because profanity is a christian concept, which necessitates women somehow getting the bad end of the stick.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
That is because profanity is a christian concept, which necessitates women somehow getting the bad end of the stick.

But the Muslim tradition forbids profanity just as Christianity shuns it, and the two faiths share a common origin in the middle east. I would think that the view of profanity in women being unattractive should not be attached solely to the Christians based on that alone. Not from a global view anyhow. Maybe based on a U.S.-localized view.

Last edited:

TheBestYouCan

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fuckwit.

Fuckwit.

Fuckwit.

Bunch of fuckwits.

Really? I'm a fuckwit because I hear profanity laden tirades all day from baboons that work around me so my preference when with a lady I am in a relationship in is not to have to hear the same thing? :rolleyes:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Swearing in public? Trailerpark, gangmembers, and butches.

Really? Srsly?

Um, OK - best avoid Ireland... and Scotland... and um, yeah Wales and England too.

While I think about it France and Italy should probably be on your no go zone, too. And perhaps Portugal. Some parts of Spain maybe safe, but not many... I'd steer clear of the Netherlands too, if I were you. And most of Germany and Scandinavia... and Greece.

I don't know about eastern Europe - I don't speak any Slavic languages (or others of that region) well enough to know.

But maybe just avoid Europe. And Australia and New Zealand, of course!!

:smile:

MoneyForNothing

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
But the Muslim tradition forbids profanity just as Christianity shuns it, and the two faiths share a common origin in the middle east. I would think that the view of profanity in women being unattractive should not be attached solely to the Christians based on that alone. Not from a global view anyhow. Maybe based on a U.S.-localized view.

Well, I would assume as much about Islam. I'm just naming Christianity because everyone here would be from Christian places.