Women, apparently the "brute man" is back in, the metrosexual out

Which man is your man?

• I stick to the multi-functional man (dad, lover, friend, etc...)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I go with the old metro-sexual man (a bit bi-sexual, poetic, sensitive)

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I'm definitely with the über-sexual man (pure lust object)

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I think I like the latest trend: the brute

• I don't think in terms of marketed men - I have my own particular favorite type

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • I don't do men altogether

• Total voters

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
I just watched a documentary about the latest version of the "new man".

Apparently the era of the metro-sexual (1990s) and the über-sexual (2000s) man is over, and we are back to the type of the "brute", defined by only one thing: giving the finger to everything the marketeers want us to be, and concentrating on beer, football and hookers only.

Of course, this concept of the "brute" is just as much a marketed idea, as the other types.

In any case, which man is still your man?

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't like the "brute man" - too much into macho posturing. I actually like metrosexual - they take care to make themselves more attractive. But the multi-functional man is probably the best. :smile:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I chose, "I don't think in terms of marketed men - I have my own particular favorite type." This probably explains why I find dating difficult, I don't have a conventional type. :redface::cool:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
May I make an honest statement?

I've always thought that women enjoyed the manly men... the ones who could take care of them, protect them, etc. I'm not saying this in a caveman way because women don't need protection. I'm saying it as a manner of support.

It seems like my definition of Manly man is different than theirs, but I don't think my definition should be classified as a metrosexual either.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
May I make an honest statement?

I've always thought that women enjoyed the manly men... the ones who could take care of them, protect them, etc. I'm not saying this in a caveman way because women don't need protection. I'm saying it as a manner of support.

It seems like my definition of Manly man is different than theirs, but I don't think my definition should be classified as a metrosexual either.

I think that is very true. Every woman no matter how strong and independent she is wants to know know man is strong enough to stand up for himself and her. He may not need to win the fight (so to speak) but he should at least defend and not run away.

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Manly men are one thing but cavemen are something else entirely. I do not want a brute man. I want a manly man who isn't so manly that he forgets to be a gentleman when he needs to be. I also want my manly man to show that he is capable of loving behaviour, particularly when it comes to me and his offspring. Oh, and I don't want a man who is so manly that he is busy "following his biological imperative to share his seed with other women"! Conversely, I don't want a girly man who spends more on grooming products than I do nor do I want a man who I have to fight for wardrobe and mirror space. That said, my manly man has to groom himself somewhat - i.e. remember to apply soap and water regularly to counteract all that manly sweat. And it would be nice if he could hold a conversation too...

Uber brute would not cut it for me but I don't want a metrosexual either. I guess the 'my own particular type of man' crossed with a 'multi-functional man' and a hint of 'uber brute' is the one I would tend to go for.

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What show was it, Saturday Night Live, that had a skit about Mannnly Men? It was funny...

My men don't fall into a specific type. I like the man for who he is, how he presents himself. I married a kind, gentle, sensitive man, an excellent father who can stand up for himself, his family and be assertive when he needs to be.

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What show was it, Saturday Night Live, that had a skit about Mannnly Men? It was funny...

My men don't fall into a specific type. I like the man for who he is, how he presents himself. I married a kind, gentle, sensitive man, an excellent father who can stand up for himself, his family and be assertive when he needs to be.

I have to see if I can find that sketch on YouTube!