Women are more loyal partners

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
How many men would stay married to their wife if she became a man?

How many gay guys would stay with their partner if he became a woman?

I was watching a show about transsexuals and some str8 women will stay with their spouse if they become a women. Also some lesbians stay with their partner when they become a man.

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I guess that makes me not a woman (I just reread the title of the thread!) :rolleyes:

Don't worry - you are! The question is interesting though...how ackward would getting together with the family for Christmas be after something like that?

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Whoa. Back this bus up here a minute.
If I finally had a relationship that translated into an actual marriage, and then she wanted to be a man, ummmmm. NO. I would not remain in that.
Clearly I would feel as though there would be something I had missed in that woman for her to want to change her gender (which would make feel like crap) that I didn't catch. I would wish her - well, him - well and be done with it.
Talk about loyalty/faithfulness - how would that be either loyal or faithful on the part of the person who wants to change their gender to agree to a union based on the original equipment? I would be angered and betrayed so completely I would never stay with that person because that is something I would never to anyone I claimed to care so deeply about to enter into marriage with.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Over the years, I have known quite a few couples in similar situations. I can't say I understand it, but I don't have a problem with it.

It would seem that those who manage to stay together, post-surgery, were not only a couple, but also best friends. The fact that they are best friends does not change. Sometimes, the "couple" dynamic changes, sometimes it doesn't.

It's never as simple as it seems on the surface.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In my town there is a lesbian couple where one transitioned into a man and had all the surgery......they are still together.....Can't say I understand.....If my husband decided to become a woman I on't think we would stay together as a couple, as friends.....most likely

Bit I'm not sure that has ANYTHING to do with the premise that WOMEN are more LOYAL partners.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In my town there is a lesbian couple where one transitioned into a man and had all the surgery......they are still together.....Can't say I understand.....If my husband decided to become a woman I on't think we would stay together as a couple, as friends.....most likely

Bit I'm not sure that has ANYTHING to do with the premise that WOMEN are more LOYAL partners.

No str8 man or a gay man would stay in a relationship where the partner changed their sex. I guess I have a different definition of loyalty or commitment or whatever you want to call it, but women both str8 and gay have stayed with their partners after a sex change.

Whatever it is, women have more of it than men do.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No str8 man or a gay man would stay in a relationship where the partner changed their sex. I guess I have a different definition of loyalty or commitment or whatever you want to call it, but women both str8 and gay have stayed with their partners after a sex change.

hhhhhhmmmmm? Have you asked EVERY str8 or gay man what he would do??:confused:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Purely in terms of sexual mechanics this makes some sense.

Lesbians often incorporate dildos in their sex lives so if one had a sex change the phallus would then be attached. Same person, new equipment.
From using a toy to direct intimacy of the person.

In a het couple if one of them changes gender the previous sexual function would be lost. Same for gay men. Same person, loss of equipment. From the direct physical intimacy of the person to toy substitute.

Imagine your partner telling you that even though they have the working parts they have chosen not to use them any longer and will in future only offer you a dildo or fleshlight for genital contact. Would you stay?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whoa. Back this bus up here a minute.
If I finally had a relationship that translated into an actual marriage, and then she wanted to be a man, ummmmm. NO. I would not remain in that.
Clearly I would feel as though there would be something I had missed in that woman for her to want to change her gender (which would make feel like crap) that I didn't catch. I would wish her - well, him - well and be done with it.
Talk about loyalty/faithfulness - how would that be either loyal or faithful on the part of the person who wants to change their gender to agree to a union based on the original equipment? I would be angered and betrayed so completely I would never stay with that person because that is something I would never to anyone I claimed to care so deeply about to enter into marriage with.

Sweetheart,

This metamorphosis is not about you. It is about someone who has felt trapped in the wrong body for most accounts all their life. It is unusual and in some ways bizarre and though I can understand your feelings I suppose it is really up to the two people involved. If the unchanged spouse can continue to love their mate I suppose it is really between the two of them. I personally dont know if I could take it either but my hat is off to someone whose love is that strong.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

You are generalizing based on your own experiences and opinions. You can't say what any other man or woman other than yourself would do in any given situation.

AS DC DEEP says, when a relationship is built upon genuine friendship, anything is possible. A lot people can't stay together as they do not ground their relationship in friendship and mutual love for each other as people first.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You are generalizing based on your own experiences and opinions. .

I am generalizing on my opinions, but on other people's experiences that I have seen on various documentaries. There may be a str8 man who does stay with his mate if she becomes a man. There may be a gay man that stays with his mate is she becomes a woman. I've never heard of it. The second scenario is easier to believe.

Another thing that I have only seen once (on TV) was a young lady who felt she was a gay man trapped in a woman's body. On the other hand many male to female transexuals are lesbian.