Women, are they getting better looking or what?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by B_spiker067, Nov 12, 2007.

1. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

This board has been talking about good looks so I thought I'd carry the theme for one more thread.

When I was growing up women (and guys for that matter) were average looking. Today I find there are many more really physically attractive women out there in the real world than ever before. Does anyone else see this or is it just a figment of my imagination? This of course is just a purely subjective observation so I thought I'd check out what other people thought.

I guess the question is: Women, are they getting better looking or what?

2. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Could be that with time you gained more wisdom and have a bigger latitude of what you consider to be attractive?

I know that I'm blown away by more people now, partly because I didn't find "older people" attractive when I was young, and now I like just about everything that walks with a springy step and a humorous twinkle in their eye. :wink:

Or it could be that there are more plastic surgeons...?!

:biggrin1::biggrin1:

- - - - -

Thank you, by the way, for starting a positive thread.

3. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    No.

As you get older, your mind subconsciously recognizes your diminishing chances of successfully scoring and impregnating any of the younger, more attractive females (i.e., prime breeding mates)...and employing a compensating mechanism of pure biological genius, it begins lowering your standards for determining attractiveness in the opposite sex.

Try not to dwell on where this curve approaches as your age increases toward the "golden years."

4. Sixofspades

Sixofspades New Member

I've noticed the same thing, and funnily enough, when I look back at pictures of women from the seventies and eighties, they're only marginally attractive at best. Nowdays I'm often bowled over by how beautiful some women are, it's unbelievable.

5. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

i think this a matter of perspective . but yes many beautifull woman around nowdays according to my point of view too

6. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Women are taking better care of themselves through exercise, eating a healthier diet, taking supplements and additional stress management. There's also plastic surgery and botox for those who opt for it. We're also often a lot happier in general than our younger counterparts in many ways, whether we're wives, mothers and/or involved in our careers. Plus, too many younger women, even many of the beautiful ones, are far too insecure about themselves to enjoy their physical beauty. Once you get a little older, you don't care as much what other people or the media think, you become more comfortable in your own skin, and can enjoy your physical beauty and the resultant attention.

7. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

Yeah, in High School my friend and I would rate girls on a 1 to 10 scale. We got to understand each others likes and dislikes. I guess my average was 5 or 6 and his would be two points higher. We would do this even outside of school (mall, movies,...) so we got a good cross section of women (and ages). I'd say one or two women in 20 were unbelievably good looking and now I'd say it is 4 out of 20 are.

Also, when I was in the Midwest there were fewer good looking women but the ones that were good looking were invariable better looking than the ones here in Florida. These days I can't say that anymore. I also would say I know women that were average in H.S. who grew up into being better looking women, much probably to do with what Merc had to say about it.

Anyone else feel the ghost of dirigibles past or is that too just me?

8. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

Or probably it has to do with the fact that you do make a good looking woman.:biggrin1:

9. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

When you look back at women from the 70's and 80's don't forget they were conforming to fashion and beauty ideals of that time which may look a little strange to us now, big hair, more obvious make up, shoulder pads. They looked fine to the guys at that time.

10. D_Fluoridia Bidet

D_Fluoridia Bidet New Member

It's all in the vitamins dude that's why we look better since it's 2007 lol ^_^

11. Love-it

Gold Member

There were a lot of sexy girls in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's.
    The only difference I can see is that they are sexy women now.

12. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

We are at a time where we do show more skin, and at younger ages too. We see more than we used do, although those miniskirts my mom said she were showed her cervix- exaggerating here obviously.

Nothing made me feel more nauseous than when an old man said to me "They sure didnt make'em that way when i was younger!" Totally grossed me out because i was a good presidency term or two away from being of legal age to buy chewing tobacco.

13. No_Strings

Gold Member

If you mean as women are getting older, I believe a woman's confidence and comfort with herself is one of the most attractive traits they can possess, and (unfortunately) this usually comes with age.
    If you mean as you're getting older, see HG's explanation. :smile:

14. nicenycdick

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think HG is right...as I get older, you all look damn good! Either my eyesight is going, my brain is lacking oxygen, or my standards are less. Maybe it's kinda like the women look better in the bar as the night gets longer...LOL.

Or maybe it's just that I am wiser now as to what makes a woman truly sensual and attractive. I have come to realize that attitude, poise and confidence matter more to me than youthful radiance. After all, once you get an older woman to glow....Man, is that hot!!!

15. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

I'm 55 yo, and I think there are a lot more good looking ladies than there used to be. girls that were plain when I grew up are now looking good, because of makeup, diet and exercise and plastic surgery. I also keep in mind that at my age I am looking at all the ladies say 15 and up. when I was younger I looked at gals my age or below to slightly older than myself. I sure wasn't looking at a lady in her 40's thinking she is hot, but I do now. So it does depend on how old you are. I also see that as a society people are getting fatter, men and women.

16. luv2explore

luv2explore New Member

Nope, there getting to know your eye better, and your eye them.

17. B_blackkid

B_blackkid New Member

That's odd; as I get older my view of who is attractive diminishes. :/

Damnit! I need to be normal. D<

Draft saved Draft deleted