Women assuming wrong sexuality?

b1gm3

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I've been told I'm the "straightest guy I know" to "Are you SURE you're not gay?"

I have no idea how to interpret these things. I try to let it slide but this thread has made me think just WHY people have those assumptions of me..

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been told I'm the "straightest guy I know" to "Are you SURE you're not gay?"

I have no idea how to interpret these things. I try to let it slide but this thread has made me think just WHY people have those assumptions of me..
Well I'd say with you being 50/50 then I'd say that you send out different signals depending on who is around and who you are currently interested in.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
I have been told that I was too handsome to be straight. (Only Gay men are good looking) I have been told that I must be gay because I work out at a gym. (Gay men are vain and obsessed with their bodies) I have been told that I must be gay because I am a musician, artist and a good cook. (All gay interests)

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have been told that I was too handsome to be straight. (Only Gay men are good looking) I have been told that I must be gay because I work out at a gym. (Gay men are vain and obsessed with their bodies) I have been told that I must be gay because I am a musician, artist and a good cook. (All gay interests)
Not sure how handsome I am... but this seems like a weird criteria. Are women only going for average men these days?

Gym, hm... I can see gay men being concerned with their body... but all the gay men I know don't gym.

I do art as well... :)

Now I am going to be called gay because I have a big dick?
LOL. I think if you are at the point where they are looking at your (big) dick... they aren't assuming you are gay. :biggrin1:

Big_Red

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Uh... but who told you? Men, women, or both? And if both, who more?

sgtrock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think you are just over thinking this whole thing if your so sure of your sexuality and your preference leave it alone you don’t have to prove it to anyone unless you have your own doubts.

I also can’t believe that I am hearing that drinking mixed drinks, liking art and classical music makes you gay somehow – What the F*@# kind of logic is that?

My mother was a college literature teacher and a volleyball coach at the University of Dayton she exposed us to the arts as kids. I am definitely not gay as I love woman; do I like to tease men sure as I am big enough to control the situation and I am a bit of a tease.

I really think you need to be comfortable in your own skin and worry less about what others may think. In the 80’s after serving two tours in Special Forces in the US Marines I got out in Honolulu. I competed as a semi pro tri-athlete and was asked to model. At first I wasn’t too sure about and it and through it I also got gigs as an erotic dancer. Quite frankly I was amazed at how many of the guys I worked with who looked like something out of a muscle magazine were gay and over time I learned that much like a woman when they hit on me it was a compliment not a statement of my own sexuality. On the other hand a lot of my male friends at the time thought because I was a stripper I was gay. I think we all need to get past these stupid stereo types.

Just be yourself but you must know yourself – if your gay accept it.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think you are just over thinking this whole thing if your so sure of your sexuality and your preference leave it alone you don’t have to prove it to anyone unless you have your own doubts.

I also can’t believe that I am hearing that drinking mixed drinks, liking art and classical music makes you gay somehow – What the F*@# kind of logic is that?

My mother was a college literature teacher and a volleyball coach at the University of Dayton she exposed us to the arts as kids. I am definitely not gay as I love woman; do I like to tease men sure as I am big enough to control the situation and I am a bit of a tease.

I really think you need to be comfortable in your own skin and worry less about what others may think. In the 80’s after serving two tours in Special Forces in the US Marines I got out in Honolulu. I competed as a semi pro tri-athlete and was asked to model. At first I wasn’t too sure about and it and through it I also got gigs as an erotic dancer. Quite frankly I was amazed at how many of the guys I worked with who looked like something out of a muscle magazine were gay and over time I learned that much like a woman when they hit on me it was a compliment not a statement of my own sexuality. On the other hand a lot of my male friends at the time thought because I was a stripper I was gay. I think we all need to get past these stupid stereo types.

Just be yourself but you must know yourself – if your gay accept it.
As I stated, I don't want to change who I am... I just want to know what makes women claim/assume that a guy is gay or not.

As for Dayton... did you grow up there?

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

He sort of does need to prove it to people. He needs to at least prove that he's interested in women to those he wants to sleep with, or they won't sleep with him.

Last edited:

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok..here's an idea..why don't you take a pic or a webcam shot with imageshack..and then mail it privately to a few women (including me ofcourse ;-))..and then we will honestly tell you what we feel when we look at you..

Is that an idea??

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not sure if that is going to do much for the situation. If so, then we are back to the idea that someone can have a single physical feature that makes them gay.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok..here's an idea..why don't you take a pic or a webcam shot with imageshack..and then mail it privately to a few women (including me ofcourse ;-))

I'm not sure if that is going to do much for the situation.

Ahem.

:smashfreakB: HINT HINT

I think she is interested in checking out your masculinity.
You lucky guy.
:fing02:

Send her a picture.
Maybe she will send you one back. :boobies:

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ahem.

:smashfreakB: HINT HINT

I think she is interested in checking out your masculinity.
You lucky guy.
:fing02:

Send her a picture.
Maybe she will send you one back. :boobies:

haha LOL..I was actually being sincere..
But if the OP doesn't feel for it..he doesn't feel for it..

It was just a suggestion..

Scarlet

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You just seem metrosexual sweetie. The thing is, a lot of women will register this as "gay" on their radar. For those who want a masculine, alpha-male type, this is not something they're attracted to.

formerex

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
direct quote to me from the other night after dancing with this girl for a few hours:

"you are so hot. like beautiful. gorgeous, really really gorgeous. i would so be all over your if i were a gay man."

wtf. i was so not interested in her after that.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
direct quote to me from the other night after dancing with this girl for a few hours:

"you are so hot. like beautiful. gorgeous, really really gorgeous. i would so be all over your if i were a gay man."

wtf. i was so not interested in her after that.

:confused:

So you should have said:
"you are so hot. like beautiful. gorgeous, really really gorgeous. i would so be all over your if i were a Lesbian."
"Lets go to my place and play pretend."

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
haha LOL..I was actually being sincere..
But if the OP doesn't feel for it..he doesn't feel for it..

It was just a suggestion..
I just don't know how constructive it would be to show you how I look standing or sitting there. It seems to me that it is more than just looks, which is why I mentioned that the friend I went with dresses fairly the same.