Women at LPSG and no-win situations

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't usually send PM's but when I do I don't expect a response.

Usually it's just to say "hey nice gallery" or something uncreepy.

I've already gotten a bunch of PM's from gay guys and it's pretty creepy so I totally understand where you're coming from.
Care to share any of those?

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, if one is genuinely a bitch, there'd be no conflict.

Not that I'd want to blunder into the definition of "bitch" again. I don't normally think in those terms, myself. I classify LPSG women as "OK but argues like a girl", "psychotic", and "other".

The "nice" and "open-minded" parts would still be trouble, though.

I'm still trying to puzzle out what exactly you mean, Big D, because your post is just barely coherent.

However, I do like like the appellation "flaming psychotic cunt" for myself, so maybe we're in some sort of strange agreement.

With that said, Madame Bliss, I think most everyone got it right-- a lot of men are pricks and are here to gallery surf/jerk off/get out frustrations etc. People love drama, love a fight, and love dumping on others. In real life, you can't do it because there are consequences. On the internet, you can do whatever you like and the worst you'll ever get is kicked off that particular site/chat/forum and move on to the next.

I got burned really badly by opening up on an internet forum once. I have some really freaky stories of friends that I know too. I try to stay wary, but it's not in my nature to think people can truly be as evil and spiteful as they are sometimes.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All right, my fault, I continue to overestimate the capabilities of this board. I should have learned by now. So, one step at a time, in small words -

"Psychotic". I have spotted what I suspect are clear symptoms of psychotic episodes in posts by some members - one or two specifically. (No, you will not be able to force me to say who - don't even try.) I think it's important to identify those. When I do, I take particular care to post nothing complicated, and nothing which could easily be misinterpreted, in those person's threads; or, better yet, post nothing at all. Someone suffering from psychotic episodes will almost certainly misinterpret even a simple post - that's what psychotics do - and tear into a gawdawful rant. Is that bad? Well, by the time someone has reached my age he's probably noticed that some people have serious stress-induced health problems. A part-time psychotic has enough trouble without me adding to the pile. So I back off. I'd feel like a first-class jerk if I ever learned that someone, even someone I don't know, had suffered an attack of apoplexy or even had a heart attack after dealing with one of my posts. So, that should explain the importance of the "psychotic" classification.

"Argues like a girl". I could also say argues like a teenager, or argues like a lawyer. The technique is to ignore the substance of an argument, and zoom in on some trivial aspect. Then, worry that to death. Attorneys use this in cross-examination technique, to rubbish a witness whose testimony is otherwise immaculate; it works if the jury isn't too sharp, and keeping the sharp ones out is something they try to do during jury selection. Teenagers do it just because they're teenagers. Many women retain it as a technique they think is useful. So do many men, but I wasn't talking about classification of men. In fact, most regular posters here can fairly be said to rely far too much on this technique, confusing it with more useful polemical forms. (Well, let's just say that Socratic inquiry it ain't, and leave it at that.) Now if I'm having a casual conversation about something specific, and ideally useless (economic causes of the Peloponnesian War, say) or abstract (does the precession of Mercury's orbit mean that space is positively or negatively curved; light fluff like that), and the other person (in real life or on a board such as this) veers off into something silly, like, have I spelled Peloponnesian right (no need to check, I probably have), or, that Albert Einstein probably beat his wife (his first one, maybe - I might have been tempted, myself), then I know that I shouldn't waste too much effort on the actual content of the conversation, as it's about to die a natural death. So, obviously enough, the way I handle a conversation, or write a post, depends on whether my correspondent is being serious, has good points to make, or wishes to learn something; or if it's all just a waste of time and effort. Hence the rationale for the diagnosis, "argues like a girl", vs. "other." It's a very useful distinction, and saves me no end of typing.

I trust this resolves any mystery about "argues like a girl". (Both of those hypothetical subjects are real ones, by the way, not just for show. In real life I talk about crap like that; the downside is that sometimes I don't get a lot of useful work done.)

"Other". I'll make the wild assumption that I don't have to belabor this concept.

The people I talk to in real life have no trouble with things like this. It's all elementary logic to them. Perhaps I forget too easily that they're not typical.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think i wank too much.

my clit is numb.

i say this because the posts are too ranty to read without me wanting to wank for comfort.

*sits on hands*

also...why would a woman be on the internet if she doesn't want to cyber? :confused:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I hope the good guys on the site help to offset the bad experiences you occasionally suffer MB, as you're far to honest and fun to deserve the shitstorms that you occasionally have to endure.
The good guys are key in making this site worthwhile. You included. :smile:

Bitch or whore for their entertainment, there is no inbetween for some guys, and I'm so thankful to all those who post here who have the ability to hold conversations with us gals without reducing us to sex toys.
Quoted for truth. Thanks, Kotch.

Well, if one is genuinely a bitch, there'd be no conflict.

Not that I'd want to blunder into the definition of "bitch" again. I don't normally think in those terms, myself. I classify LPSG women as "OK but argues like a girl", "psychotic", and "other".

The "nice" and "open-minded" parts would still be trouble, though.
I know everyone is riding your ass about this statement and I understand why. But you are on to something here. It is all about how you define "bitch". If you're assertive and flatly refuse to tolerate bullshit from anyone, these are positive characteristics if you're of the male persuasion. If you're female, it can be a different story, depending on whom you talk to.

When I first began lurking, I read a bunch of MZ's posts. I couldn't believe the amount of misogyny and idiocy that came her way and she was one of maybe a handful of women at the genesis of this site. She literally paved the way for the rest of us who are here now and I have the highest respect for her. I thought since she and a few other women found their niche here that I could create one for myself.

But, as a few of the women here have pointed out, there are men who have certain expectations of us. We're supposed to reply to every idiot PM, request for cam, every thread that begs us to look at their pics, and apparently, as NJQT so aptly noted, we're viewed as free phone/IM sex for many. I don't feel obligated to do anything I don't want to. Something else i've just recently discovered is that it's perfectly fine for men to "out" a faker but it's a witch hunt when women do it, even if it's for the right reason. Everyone is supposed to feel sympathy for the straight guys when they discover they've been wanking to fake pics of Miss Valentine, but heaven forbid the women try to help each other on this site when they're bombarded with all the sick shit some guys try to pull.

The double standard is alive and well. How refreshing.
Don't change, Cheryl. :heart:
I won't rawb. I promise.

You are correct it has been my experience that most men in chat are not there to discus Sartre or the weather. They are there for what my friend Cherise calls "free entertainment" this means cyber sex, camming or phone sex. Think about it if they had to pay for what some guys and gals give for free it would cost them a fortune. So when I or you say no, they can become quite angry.
Your friend Cherise is a wise woman. Please tell her that for me, willya?

Hey, Bliss, nice ass. Wanna fuck and then tell me how wonderful my cock is?
Your cock is larger than my fire extinguisher, DC. Of course i'll fuck you. :biggrin1:

You are totally correct Mercurial about the no win situation you are in. You are right in being very cautious about being to open with people you do not really know. I'm just surprised that more people don't understand just why that is the case.
Well, my time is precious and I certainly don't want to waste it, Davey. Although one might argue that's exactly what i'm doing here at LPSG. :biggrin1:

Nice new profile pic! :biggrin1:
Speaking of fire extinguishers....:biggrin1:

MB, it is a pathetic case of "what I want you should provide." There are a lot of self-righteous, egotistical simple-minded pricks on this site who unfortunately give us "good guys" a bad rep. If there was a way to eliminate that problem I would be the first to tell you share it - of course, copyright it first, as if it works, you, my dear, will make a fortune. Who knows... maybe Rob will allow you to market it here! haha

Sorry you and so many others still encounter this primative behavior......
You're right, YAG. These guys are a stain on your wonderful gender, but at least we have the shining examples like you here with us. :smile:

This is MB's thread.
I appreciate that thought, CG, but my goal is for everyone to think about this long and hard. I didn't want this to be another "I want guys to stop PMing me" thread, but a discussion on the part we play here at LPSG. I'm definitely glad you're here. :smile:

I am a bitch. If I'm not interested, I'm not interested and the guy had better leave it at that.
Good attitude. I like it.

If you want to be all things to all men just be a naive bitch.
LOL.

Oh, and MB, did I ever mention to you that you remind me a LOT of my cousin Sandi, who has always reminded me of Barbara Eden as Jeannie?
You'll love this - my mother was often mistaken for Barbara Eden when she was younger. She even had a couple guys ask her for her autograph. Wild, huh?:biggrin1:

But I understand what you mean by the dichotomy openess/being labeled a bitch - at times it's a lose-lose situation for women on this site. We want to be here because we have a genuine interest in what is discussed and want to discuss it - on our terms and with some intellect behind it. That feature in itself makes us a prime target for those only out for wank fodder - those people that we'd rather avoid. And just by avoiding them we're often (but not always) labeled as cock-teasers, bitches, fakes, etc. ad nauseum.[/quote]
Bingo. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I've already gotten a bunch of PM's from gay guys and it's pretty creepy so I totally understand where you're coming from.
I don't mind PM's from guys if they're sending me genuine compliments and I always thank them. You may be straight but compliments from gay men shouldn't be creepy if they're genuine. Just thank them and move on.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
also...why would a woman be on the internet if she doesn't want to cyber? :confused:

You're missing the point and I think it's because you couldn't be bothered to finish reading the 'rants'.

I was about to ask you about your sig and saw your above post. So scratch the above.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Argues like a girl". I could also say argues like a teenager, or argues like a lawyer. The technique is to ignore the substance of an argument, and zoom in on some trivial aspect. Then, worry that to death. Attorneys use this in cross-examination technique, to rubbish a witness whose testimony is otherwise immaculate; it works if the jury isn't too sharp, and keeping the sharp ones out is something they try to do during jury selection. Teenagers do it just because they're teenagers. Many women retain it as a technique they think is useful. So do many men, but I wasn't talking about classification of men

By referring to it as "argues like a girl," one automatically assumes (incorrectly if I'm reading your explanation in the manner you meant it) that you're contrasting it with arguing like a boy/man. The reason for this is probably that the phrase that it's derived from is "throws like a girl" which is used against men (and women) derisively. I'd rather you call it something else, but hey, it's your headspace, not mine.

At any rate, I do see what you're saying. One would hope that you'd have some good categories in there to balance out the bad instead of just "other."

If I'm not making sense even moreso than usual, it's because I've had a fever for three days. Will someone please come rub me or something?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ok, this site has faulty sarcasm detectors.

someone fix it.

lol

I think it's more a case of getiing so used to the signatures on people's posts that you tend not to read them after a while. You will see though from my post that I did not assume you were serious.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I trust this resolves any mystery about "argues like a girl". (Both of those hypothetical subjects are real ones, by the way, not just for show. In real life I talk about crap like that; the downside is that sometimes I don't get a lot of useful work done.)

"Other". I'll make the wild assumption that I don't have to belabor this concept.

The people I talk to in real life have no trouble with things like this. It's all elementary logic to them. Perhaps I forget too easily that they're not typical.

I didn't take offense at all (my skin is not that thin) and i've used the phrases "runs like a girl" or "screamed like a little girl" myself. "Psychotic" is self-explanatory, IMO, and has nothing to do with gender. Everything else I already explained in my previous post.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think it's more a case of getiing so used to the signatures on people's posts that you tend not to read them after a while. You will see though from my post that I did not assume you were serious.
we need a sarcasm emote.

it would make the board so much happier.

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
We need to find you and MagicTounge a job on the east coast (NC to be exact) haha. Of course, there are many others whom would be shining stars here, too!

I love your attitude, MB, and your frankness about situations and topics. It does help shed light amongst intolerable topics and the complacency some of us have when thinking more critically about the stupidity that goes on here... Sometimes turning a blind eye is not necessarily the best policy to have.........