Women at LPSG and no-win situations

Epistasia

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It seems to be this way on almost every board/ forum. There are people that genuinely want to interact with other people genialy and then there are those that don't even understand tht they are talking to real people. I'm sorry if that is too broad a generalization but it really seems that they have convinced themselves that since it's the internet there is no consequence for being a complete douche. I generally don't post in threads like this because it requires me to express an opinion about something that there may be some contension about. I really have no interest in starting arguments on the internet, my point of view is generally not interesting enough to fight over.

I wish I could develope worth while relationships here but it can be difficult because it is just too easy for people to create there ideal self and then spring reality on you later. I try to be as amicable and real as possible, no matter who I communicate with or how I communicate with them, if I develope a casual friendship along the way it's an added bonus. There are a lot of people here who's opinions I value and I enjoy reading the words they write, but at the same time I see certain discussions that make me wonder if the people involved are just playing out some convoluted fantasy or if they really have that much invested in the subject to spend as much time as they do posting their opinion on the internet.

I will not post on this subject again, I hate defending myself. If you disagree with me you probably have as little interest in reconsidering your point of view as I do. That being said, there are many people that I strongly disagree with but have enough respect for their perspective to not bring up any points of contension. I think that the internet would be a much friendlier place if more people felt the same way.

Britt

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
he's argumentative, and at times it seems its "anything for a fight", this makes it tough at times to work out which way I'm meant to take his comments.
Not quite. It's never simply to be contrary; there's always an underlying point based on fact and logic. I won't claim that my facts and logic are irrefutable, but they're there. I have no reliable way of knowing how many readers miss them entirely - it may be most of them. I know some catch them all right.
Having said all that, I enjoy his posts more than many others, when I work out where he's joking and where he isn't, I find him to be a very pleasurable person with a great sense of humor.
Danger, Will Robinson! The last time you wrote something like that was just before largelarry was banned, wasn't it?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm pleased to say that I receive significantly fewer advances than most of the women here.

I chalk that up to two things:
1. I post no pics
2. A sharp object as a screenname.

Bwahahahahaha!

But they do. And you can find this on any forum where there are regular men & women.

I disagree. Usually the ones accused of this are just nice to everyone. Usually, the accusers just need to check their misogyny at the door.

Especially on the internet of all places, you should be placing yourself above others anyway (and understanding of those who do the same)
Some people are not hard-wired for selfishness. In fact, the point of this thread is that the women here do not want to be self-focussed. The women here want to be open, want to connect. However, the niceness, and openess is often abused.

oooooh girly tears. :rolleyes: there. there. :biggrin1:
That's Rawb for ya. Always a shoulder to cry on, and a penis to hold. :tongue:

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
<.> If you choose to ignore someone or tell them you're not interested in talking with them (for whatever reason) you're usually labeled a bitch.

Am I right or wrong? Or both?
<.>

Wrong, I'd say. When I ignore a PM from someone, I never get labeled a bitch, or have to fight him and his offensive posts. It's just that: Ignore them, and they usually see it's not worth the effort of sending second PM's. I've only had one offensive PM in my LPSG career, and that was one many women on here got. The guy was banned like 6 hours later, no further trouble.

yongdo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
[FONT=&quot]I haven't read all five pages so if this was addressed forgive me

But...

Seems to me if you're a sexy naked girl and walk in the middle of a wild orgy you just might get accosted.

I would suggest that most guys who surf this board are masturbating (I just finished - thus the semi-intelligent post) (wild orgy in the guys head, that is)

sexy naked girl= YOU! along with the multitude of other sexy naked girls he sees on other pages, chat rooms and web cams.

I feel you are a bit naive as to the nature of the male sex drive when you expect not to be harassed in such an environment. When highly aroused we are apt to turn from slightly to wildly insane.

When we're done we're as meek as lambs and want you to go away.
[/FONT]

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Its not the women here that are naive, its the more balanced men that are to how their fellow men are behaving.

That's a very insightful point K and having read the above, it is true of me.

Clearly some guys are pitifully immature and have little or no respect for women. I am not going to get on a high horse because some of the ladies have made me so horny that I have had to go and do something about it.

Maybe the question, "what do you think of my cock" is one warning light.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And a community. I make a distinction between people who come here just to take for themselves and those who are willing to give gack.
*phew*

i was wondering why we weren't humping...sudden paranoia "is my arse too fat for orgy letches? is that why there's no spunk on me? is me e-breath bad?"

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was going to use you as a counter example, but thought better of it lol

:biggrin1:

Back in 10 :redface:

*phew*

i was wondering why we weren't humping...sudden paranoia "is my arse too fat for orgy letches? is that why there's no spunk on me?"

:spank: :bukkake2: Better now? :rolleyes:

And have you gotten any good gack lately?:tongue:

I'm sorry, I couldn't pass that up.

:biggrin1: - there will be payback.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
[FONT=&quot]I haven't read all five pages so if this was addressed forgive me

But...

Seems to me if you're a sexy naked girl and walk in the middle of a wild orgy you just might get accosted.

I would suggest that most guys who surf this board are masturbating (I just finished - thus the semi-intelligent post) (wild orgy in the guys head, that is)

sexy naked girl= YOU! along with the multitude of other sexy naked girls he sees on other pages, chat rooms and web cams.

I feel you are a bit naive as to the nature of the male sex drive when you expect not to be harassed in such an environment. When highly aroused we are apt to turn from slightly to wildly insane.

When we're done we're as meek as lambs and want you to go away.
[/FONT]

Lame excuses. Be humans, not animals. Women are not sex puppets. And anyway, I can relate to everything Bliss wrote, except you never could see anything in any of my pictures.

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fuck, seriously, who talks like that to another human being? Who's parents bring them up to think that sort of conversation is acceptable?

I recommend we find the name of a blow up doll manufacturer for guys like that, because obviously they only want to fuck inanimate objects.

HIM: Hey, nice tits
ME: Thanks
HIM: Wanna see my cock?
ME: No thanks, I'm really not here to look at cocks
HIM: Then wtf are you doing here?
ME: I'm here for conversation and to answer threads
HIM: Guys can do that, get me off
ME: I'm not interested
HIM: Bitch, if you aren't here to get men off then you have no reason to be here at all, this site is for men

Now there was no need for it was there?

50%more

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
All right, my fault, I continue to overestimate the capabilities of this board. I should have learned by now. So, one step at a time, in small words -

"Psychotic". I have spotted what I suspect are clear symptoms of psychotic episodes in posts by some members - one or two specifically. (No, you will not be able to force me to say who - don't even try.) I think it's important to identify those. When I do, I take particular care to post nothing complicated, and nothing which could easily be misinterpreted, in those person's threads; or, better yet, post nothing at all. Someone suffering from psychotic episodes will almost certainly misinterpret even a simple post - that's what psychotics do - and tear into a gawdawful rant. Is that bad? Well, by the time someone has reached my age he's probably noticed that some people have serious stress-induced health problems. A part-time psychotic has enough trouble without me adding to the pile. So I back off. I'd feel like a first-class jerk if I ever learned that someone, even someone I don't know, had suffered an attack of apoplexy or even had a heart attack after dealing with one of my posts. So, that should explain the importance of the "psychotic" classification.

"Argues like a girl". I could also say argues like a teenager, or argues like a lawyer. The technique is to ignore the substance of an argument, and zoom in on some trivial aspect. Then, worry that to death. Attorneys use this in cross-examination technique, to rubbish a witness whose testimony is otherwise immaculate; it works if the jury isn't too sharp, and keeping the sharp ones out is something they try to do during jury selection. Teenagers do it just because they're teenagers. Many women retain it as a technique they think is useful. So do many men, but I wasn't talking about classification of men. In fact, most regular posters here can fairly be said to rely far too much on this technique, confusing it with more useful polemical forms. (Well, let's just say that Socratic inquiry it ain't, and leave it at that.) Now if I'm having a casual conversation about something specific, and ideally useless (economic causes of the Peloponnesian War, say) or abstract (does the precession of Mercury's orbit mean that space is positively or negatively curved; light fluff like that), and the other person (in real life or on a board such as this) veers off into something silly, like, have I spelled Peloponnesian right (no need to check, I probably have), or, that Albert Einstein probably beat his wife (his first one, maybe - I might have been tempted, myself), then I know that I shouldn't waste too much effort on the actual content of the conversation, as it's about to die a natural death. So, obviously enough, the way I handle a conversation, or write a post, depends on whether my correspondent is being serious, has good points to make, or wishes to learn something; or if it's all just a waste of time and effort. Hence the rationale for the diagnosis, "argues like a girl", vs. "other." It's a very useful distinction, and saves me no end of typing.

I trust this resolves any mystery about "argues like a girl". (Both of those hypothetical subjects are real ones, by the way, not just for show. In real life I talk about crap like that; the downside is that sometimes I don't get a lot of useful work done.)

"Other". I'll make the wild assumption that I don't have to belabor this concept.

The people I talk to in real life have no trouble with things like this. It's all elementary logic to them. Perhaps I forget too easily that they're not typical.

You are spot on with that analyses. My ex used that "argues like a teenager" technique with me. I thought either I was going crazy or she had a comprehension problem. I also worked for a guy like that. The other day he started talking to me while he pulled up next to where I was rebuilding the cylinder head of my BMW. He told me that he respects me and that he didn't think I respected him, and wanted to know why I did not respect him. I looked him straight in the eye and asked him if he had the $100 he owed me. He started getting loud and tried to divert attention to my alleged occasional tardiness. I walked away.

teasedsilly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe I'm the one person who hasn't experienced this. When I don't like the way someone talks to me in a pm, I just ignore it. I figure that they forget about it anyway. If someone nicely asks to meet up or webcam or anything, I just politely tell them I don't do that, and thank them for their message and interest. aside from a few stragglers, I am constantly impressed with the men here. Or maybe I'm just lucky with the guys that have mailed me so far.

I think that's good advice, there.

Different people come here for different things, and you're not obligated to talk to anyone. I've certainly been guilty plenty of times of trying to start a conversation because I was horny, and when a woman doesn't respond I don't take it personally. The only time I do take it personally is when the woman feels the need to be rude in response, and those responses can be pretty harsh. What I do then is the same thing, I stop messaging her. But where otherwise I would have walked away at least respecting that she wasn't interested, a rude response does make me think, "jeez, what a bitch".

Of course, different men are going to respond differently. But I really think ignoring pms you don't like is better than rudeness, because chances are the guy wasn't trying to offend you.