Women being bitchy towards each other...

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The only time I hate on a woman is when strippers come into my store and want to try on 19 outfits, buy none, and trash my lingerie section and dressing room. There is a special place in hell for those bitches. Sometimes they piss in the fitting room trashcan because we don't have a public restroom.
Wow wtf!

Reactions: AlteredEgo

cam_cam17

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
i get along fairly well with other women.
after junior high, my encounters with click-bitchery has been sparse
my friends are about 50/50 male/female
my girls are down for me, i am taking it to the grave for them

i used to be a woman with only men friends
thanks in a large part to LPSG i am not making new male friends
i now like hanging out with other women, i got the whole united sisterhood vibe.

May i ask what about here made you decide not to make male friends?

Tactfulgal

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So women are bitchy to other women, but we're also amaaazing at pretending to get along. I think women are bitchy to other women for the same reason guys posture and brag to other guys. Insecurity of course. Only we don't do it directly, it's behind closed doors. And women judge other women for the same reason people watch reality TV shows that follow people who can generously be described as train wrecks. To feel better about themselves of course. All of this kind of petty behavior comes from some type of insecurity and self-doubt.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Hi ladies, so I guess I want your opinion on why do you think some women are bitchy / rude to another woman for no apparent reason? Do you think it mostly comes from a place of insecurity? They feel threatened or jealous? I think that this is the key reason why sometimes I decide to not like women for no reason.

I've posted in women's issues as opposed to AAW as men probably have some insight too based on their experience with listening to women bitch lol.

But I ask because this really bothered me... last week at baseball there was another woman (around my age) filling in for my team. I was really excited to have another woman on the team. She didn't seem to share my enthusiasm. At one point She said something that I thought was funny and when I laughed she kinda just gave me a rude look in what otherwise could have been a moment of two women bonding.
Some humans are crappy humans.
Not a gender thing.

Tactfulgal

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some humans are crappy humans.
Not a gender thing.

Yeah I should have added, I don't really get pettiness. For me I don't get why it's worth your aggravation to give so much attention to people you don't like. But I have the benefit of being fairly comfortable in my own skin I think. People who feel badly about themselves are constantly battling this.

Reactions: neutrno

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
These are all very good posts. Over the years, I have heard women speak ill of other women in very catty and bitchy ways, if they don't like other women. With the exception of very effeminate men, I have found that men will typically avoid each other, if they don't like one another.

In one of the other departments in the building where the department of German, my department, is located, there exists a department to remain nameless. In that department, there is a woman, who does the work of 2 to 3 people; yet, she will never be promoted, because she is so catty to other women. Incidentally, no other department will hire her for that same reason.

Infernal

Superior Member
Media
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My mother was a nurse and there seemed to be a constant level of poor behavior between her coworkers. It was at every place she worked. The male nurses were polite and kind, and the women were either great friends or bitches to each other. There was a constant stream of them talking about each other behind their backs or throwing someone under the bus for one thing or another. My stepdaughter is a physician's assistant with a Ph.D. in nursing and she says she's been treated terribly by her fellow nurses.

There have been many times where I've worked with someone I don't care for. I engage them as little as possible and act professionally. I'm only human, I can't like everyone that I meet, but not caring for someone isn't a reason to be nasty.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I just wanna say: I've seen men act bitchy as fuck towards each other. People can pretend they don't gossip just as much as women. I stopped pretending a long time ago. The first job I ever had I worked with a large crew which was 99% men. They banter amongst themselves about who's fucking who, who's cheating on their wives, other crew members they didn't like.. face to face everyone was all smiles. I have ears.

Anecdotal, I know. But so is some of the other stuff posted in this thread which makes it sound like women really are just mean to each other. Uh... HUMANS are mean to each other. It's not specific to one gender.

onestepatta

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've found this thread very interesting as the so-called novelty of woman on woman bitching goes. Happens with men- of course. Unique to women - no. Why is it a 'thing' to discuss??? Must be a thing... Are we just that non-aware of women to think the full range of emotions is unusual? Ugh.. So, in that sub-category of all this point, when woman on woman bitching does happen, is the suggestion that it happens differently than man on man bitching? Maybe yes and maybe no - depending on the folks involved probably. And, down in this smaller sliver of humanity, are there unique differences between a general female brain vs a general male brain? I don't know an answer... I do wonder about men and literal thinking and women and contextual thinking. It has been my experience of working a mostly male groups in my job that a single woman in that group (and sometimes two) makes the group much better as the men tend to operate on their next higher level up. When there is roughly equal numbers of genders, the group tensions go way up and become 'complicated'. At the end of the day, I don't know but do find it helpful for self-reflection. I've learned more about myself in these discussions.

T

T_Lurch

I just wanna say: I've seen men act bitchy as fuck towards each other. People can pretend they don't gossip just as much as women. I stopped pretending a long time ago. The first job I ever had I worked with a large crew which was 99% men. They banter amongst themselves about who's fucking who, who's cheating on their wives, other crew members they didn't like.. face to face everyone was all smiles. I have ears.

Anecdotal, I know. But so is some of the other stuff posted in this thread which makes it sound like women really are just mean to each other. Uh... HUMANS are mean to each other. It's not specific to one gender.
You said a mouthful.

Women don't have a monopoly on bitchy behavior to one another; there's plenty of prurient gossip, backstabbing, and skullduggery going on in all-male workplaces. Struggles for dominance, fevered egos, and Machiavellian games aplenty take place wherever people gather.

Humans gonna human, basically.