Women coming on strong

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do girls come on stronger than guys? Had a weird situation last night that still has my head reeling a bit. Hubby and I walked down to the mercantile to pick up "provisions," as he calls them, and of course, I beat him there. He says he was carrying the bags so they weighed him down. I might add they were empty at the time, but that's immaterial.

I don't know how many couples split up their grocery list, but he finished his half before me and was already at the register. I was coming down the aisle from the dairy and was watching him talking to the check out girl behind the counter. And I'll call her a girl, because she looked not even 20 and that's less than half his age, ok?

She is leaning forward on the little stand with her arms crossed beneath her boobs and her cleavage about to spill out right in front of my goddam husband!!! I froze in my tracks as she smiled at him and he chatted her up. But when she reached out and tugged on his sleeve that was too much for me. I stormed the register and almost literally dropped the milk and eggs not really giving a damn if anything broke or not.

Miss Perky immediately stood up and checked out the rest of my groceries but still she was talking to my husband!!! AND HE WAS JOKING BACK!!! I could tell he knew I was fuming but he kept on.

Not only could he not keep up with me on the way home, I'm sure he didn't want to.

His defense: it was harmless fun. He said I get hit on all the time and he doesn't get upset. But I've never been hit on in any store as flagrant as that! Usually a guy will compliment me, and every so often one gets persistent in their compliments, which to me is over the line and I say goodbye.

But I've never had anyone, to my knowledge, show off body parts (except here) and sweet talk me. At least not in a grocery store.

So the question again: are women more aggressive in their come-on tactics than men? I don't remember ever being that way.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
I don't know about all women but I had something similar happen in a restaurant. Waitress totally chatted up my husband and practically scowled at me while taking my order. My husband was completely oblivious to it and needless to say I was incensed.

Needless to say she found her tip at the bottom of a dirty dish.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I think there is a certain type of person who behaves that way - it's a needy, attention seeking thing. The men who do it tend not to do it to women like you, Ellie. I mean that in a nice way - the men who do it tend to pick women who they might perceive as possibly insecure about their appearance. The women who do it don't, in my experience anyway, narrow their targets quiet as much. But I don't think it is a gender-specific behaviour at all.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
sounds like check out girlie has a Daddy complex. the only time i see over-the-top flirting is when there is an age difference.

handsome older gentleman, alone in line at the grocery store.. she probably figured why not. i doubt she intended to take your Cap home, or get his number.. or cause any real harm. she was just testing her own sexuality/desirability.

urm, i really don't hang out with many women of the non-queer variety. so i am going totally on how younger dykes mix with older dykes.. how butch boys flirt with older men in the kink scene. meself, i tend to get a bit outlandish flirting with older women/dudes.. the exuberance of youth. :redface:

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Enough girls get flirty, talking the talk, but, few (read none in my case) will walk the walk. I've gotten to know one girl at the local grocery store... she's flirty with EVERYONE... and has a BF.. and, he knows about her flirtyness.. and is ok with it. He's infact calmed down quite a few wives/GF's about it.... and told more guys to not count on anything either.
She's one of those girls with looks to kill for, and my guess... somewhat insecure.

inspectahdck

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
mickeys right, shes just in awe at how much attention she can get.
dont get mad, happens every now and then.
its not because someone hits on you, that you are going to get home with them.
beside his lack of attention to you while he got hit on, there is nothing to be mad about.

just show him why hes with you and not some young gals
get all horny and foxy with him tonight, you ll be glad hes got you.

Captain Elephant

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dammit, she sure did post it!

If I may offer a brief defense, please. This situation is still somewhat volatile, so at the risk of getting singed again I'll try to be delicate.

I understand how it looked, but there wasn't a chance in hell that I would 1) lead on any women or girl, or 2) ditch my soulmate for some young strange.

Yes, she was flirting, and yes, she liked my shirt. As for boobs? Bitch, please, look (pointing to wifey's abundance).

But I failed the test, I know. Wifey asked what color was her shirt. I guessed wrong.

As a performer I'm an attention whore. Did my ego get stroked by a young cutey making eyes? No, of course not! OK, maybe a little. Yeah, it did big time. Did I for one brief millisecond think this would go anywhere? No way! (2nd register from the door, Kaiten - check)

Look, I'm already paying for this with the "treatment." I'm having fun, but she's dreaming of lowering me slowly into the lava pit.

Guys, help me out here.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
mickeys right, shes just in awe at how much attention she can get.
dont get mad, happens every now and then.
its not because someone hits on you, that you are going to get home with them.
beside his lack of attention to you while he got hit on, there is nothing to be mad about.

just show him why hes with you and not some young gals
get all horny and foxy with him tonight, you ll be glad hes got you.

Bolded by me:

Brilliant message to send a guy...

"Honey, you were a complete cunt in continuing to flirt with her knowing how pissed I was about the situation, I'm so fucking pissed with your behavior that I'm going to fuck you senseless"

Next time my dog knocks over the bin, I'm going to punish her with a t-bone for dinner!

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

If I may offer a brief defense, please. This situation is still somewhat volatile, so at the risk of getting singed again I'll try to be delicate.

I understand how it looked, but there wasn't a chance in hell that I would 1) lead on any women or girl, or 2) ditch my soulmate for some young strange.

Yes, she was flirting, and yes, she liked my shirt. As for boobs? Bitch, please, look (pointing to wifey's abundance).

But I failed the test, I know. Wifey asked what color was her shirt. I guessed wrong.

As a performer I'm an attention whore. Did my ego get stroked by a young cutey making eyes? No, of course not! OK, maybe a little. Yeah, it did big time. Did I for one brief millisecond think this would go anywhere? No way! (2nd register from the door, Kaiten - check)

Look, I'm already paying for this with the "treatment." I'm having fun, but she's dreaming of lowering me slowly into the lava pit.

Guys, help me out here.

I'll help you out!

1. Maybe mentioning that she's a cutie isn't the best way to go with this? I'd have just thrown something at my husband for that one.

2. Flirting is fine, from either end as long as it's harmless and most importantly, that you fucking stop when you see that your woman is pissed!

Damn it's not rocket science... harmless only exists to the point where someone gets pissed, and you don't react accordingly, after that, it very much is harmful!

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Guys, help me out here.

You behaved like a god damned dog and you want us to help YOU!?!?

Alrighty.....

STOP UPSETTING YOUR WIFE.

Get a clue dickhead.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I'll help you out!

1. Maybe mentioning that she's a cutie isn't the best way to go with this? I'd have just thrown something at my husband for that one.

2. Flirting is fine, from either end as long as it's harmless and most importantly, that you fucking stop when you see that your woman is pissed!

QFT - in fact stop when the wife shows up whether she looks pissed or not. Unless you are swingers and it is within your agreed 'rules of engagement', and we all know from this forum that you aren't.

Damn it's not rocket science... harmless only exists to the point where someone gets pissed, and you don't react accordingly, after that, it very much is harmful!

QFT again.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Now..C'mon Miss Ellie, you know darned well that Capt'n only has the hots for you :wink:. So that little hussy was trying to divert his attention? I promise you it was only temporary. And hell, I can't remember the color of anyone's shirt, much less if it's surrounding a pair of ta-ta's :tongue:

Next time, quit fiddlefartin around and get your half of the shopping done sooner :eek:

psst, Captain....Did I help??? :wall:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
umm, i don't see how random flirting is behaving like a total cunt. Ms. Ellie admits to flirting and be flirted out, while Cap never raises a fuss.

Mr. Cap didn't invite the girl to flirt, he simply gave *i'd imagine* limited response. he didn't mirror the shirt touching.

if he's in the dog house, is only gender profiling landing him there.

also.. if this is a store they frequent on the regular... he might have been trying to avoid a scene?

the boy is a hottie, he gets attention and flirty-flirts from everyone. doesn't bother me a lick.. doesn't violate any trusts.. and in truth, if i got my panties in a wad.. is my panties and my issue. i'd be a bitch to take it out on him. :frown:

trooper72

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Give me the address of the store and a physical description of what she looks like. I need to head over there myself to check things out.:biggrin1:

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
umm, i don't see how random flirting is behaving like a total cunt. Ms. Ellie admits to flirting and be flirted out, while Cap never raises a fuss.

Mr. Cap didn't invite the girl to flirt, he simply gave *i'd imagine* limited response. he didn't mirror the shirt touching.

if he's in the dog house, is only gender profiling landing him there.

also.. if this is a store they frequent on the regular... he might have been trying to avoid a scene?

the boy is a hottie, he gets attention and flirty-flirts from everyone. doesn't bother me a lick.. doesn't violate any trusts.. and in truth, if i got my panties in a wad.. is my panties and my issue. i'd be a bitch to take it out on him. :frown:

I don't think it has anything to do with gender profiling...

My husband couldn't care less if I flirt or not, he'd not bat an eyelash and would never taken issue with it. That's just who he is, these things don't bother him.

On the other hand, do take issue with it, and would happily cause serious harm to any woman flirting with my husband, if he were to return it to any degree after knowing I wasn't happy, I'd do the same harm to him too! (I probably wouldn't cause physical harm, but I'd bloody well want to and make that known)

It has nothing to do with him being male, I'd be exactly the same if a woman I was with behaved that way, because that's who I am. I've had plenty of men in the past who'd beat the living daylights out of me for even speaking to another guy, flirting or not.

It has nothing to do with gender, and everything to do with respecting the other persons feelings and boundaries!

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
I think the difference here is that the girl actually touched him. There's a difference between flirting with words and physical contact. The physical contact pushed the flirting to another level.

Imagine Ellie's shirt getting touched by some dude in a mutual flirting situation.

Last edited: