Women do you think of aids .

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by african, Mar 22, 2006.

1. african

african New Member

Do women think or affraid of AIDS in sexal intercourse because of different partener .

african

2. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

Anyone, whether male or female, who doesn't take safe sex and HIV/AIDS (as well as other STDs) into consideration within the context of their sex life is monumentally stupid.

3. Gisella

Gold Member

I do agree with u Alex :wink:

4. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

...although I'm starting to wonder now whether african's question might have been more specifically about whether anyone finds themselves inhibited sexually during sex with a new partner due to overriding concerns about contracting HIV/AIDS.

On a theoretical level, I could certainly imagine people allowing concerns of this type to overshadow their sexual enjoyment; but on a practical level, I imagine that one's own sex-drive or feelings of love/lust would outweigh such concerns in all but a tiny number of cases. IMHO, the vast majority of people practising safe sex will simply feel that they've done all they can to minimize the risks, without then allowing fears about HIV/AIDS to get in the way of their pleasure. But yes, I'm sure there must be a few people with hang-ups concerning sex brought on by their own overriding and mentally-insurmountable concerns about STDs.

My two cents, in case this is what the thread was really intended to be about. :smile:

5. SR_search4bp

SR_search4bp New Member

African,

we can go to the next drugstore and buy something which is called "condom"...:smile:

unfortunately in many regions of this beautiful world poor women cannot... or are blocked by stupid rules of their religion (see catholic church e.g.)... or are blocked by stupid men... or rely on sooo faithful stupid husbands coming back from vacation trips in Thailand and such :mad:

6. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    There are also parts of the world where it is widely believed that sex with a virgin will cure a man of AIDS. I'm mystified.

I do, as Alex (I think) suggested in one of his posts. I do all I can to minimize the risks, and then I just let myself go.

7. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

I do. And that is the reason for which I use condoms with first-time partners. After all, there's no reason for forbidding myself that little fun because of the possibility to receive HIV, but I prefer being on the safe side.

However, what is with kissing, or oral sex? I've often wondered how high's the risk of an oral/vaginal infection, and what possibilities would there be to avoid that risk? Put a condom over your tongue? Or let the guy lick you through a diaphragm?

8. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

Some people I've encountered certainly make use of dental dams, but I don't think the use of these is at all widespread:

http://www.sexhealth.org/safersex/dentaldam.shtml

http://www.aidsnet.ch/publication/jpg/10185_55.jpg
    http://informationavenue.tomrue.net/health/images/dental.dam.in.use.jpg

9. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

10. Chuck64

Gold Member

My best friend is the condom queen. When a group of us get together to hit the bars, he asks each one of us if we have one ready. Even when I adamantly tell him I don't hook up he still sticks one his high-quality name brand condoms in my pocket "just in case".

I just found out this weekend that he was diagnosed with an STD probably about two or three months ago, judging by his change in mood. I was really worried that he was getting depressed (a big problem in his family) or having serious money problems or something like that. He's told me it's not AIDS but he won't tell me what it is. According to him, it's not life threatening and doesn't require much treatment, but "most people" agree that it's not curable. BTW - He has assured me that he was as safe as he possible could be, but I never doubted him to begin with.

Back to the point of this thread... Since he was diagnosed, he hasn't had sex. He hasn't gone out on a date. He hasn't gone out with anyone to a bar or club. If it were me, that wouldn't be odd - nothing to worry about. But he's a very social creature.

He's obviously having a hard time dealing with this and I'm trying to get him to open up to me about it. He hasn't said a word about it to anyone else, and our mutual friends are also worried about him. Of course I've been sworn to secrecy, which puts me in an awkward position but that's my cross to bear.

11. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Dig it; My motto is with 1st time partners is strictly, "No glove, no love." period. No debate, no arguing, no nothing.

You want to play sexual Russian Roulette bareback, your prerogative

12. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

I'm not sure that quite matches with what I had in mind when I was talking about hang-ups above ... I meant people who were so put-off of sex by the mere notion of perhaps contracting an STD that they could never enjoy it.

In your friend's case, Chuck, I'd say that he's actually having a fairly natural reaction to finding out he has something to deal with for the rest of his life ... readjusting and re-evaluating himself. Hopefully, he'll get through all this and find a way to move on, but I can understand that he'd want a little space both mentally and physically right now, especially if the whole notion of 'nights out' connects to how he contracted the STD in his mind. I'd be more concerned, tbh, if he were carrying on as usual, as that would indicate to me that he hadn't fully taken on board what had happened to him. Having said that... if his state veers off into depression and never returning to anything resembling a happy lifestyle, then obviously that's the point for friends to step in and try to 'reach' him. In the meantime, merely being made aware of their friendship and affection for him should hopefully have some beneficial effect, though.

13. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sounds like herpes, which even condoms won't save you from if the conditions are right. If he chooses to confide in you that this is the case, it may comfort him to know that herpes is so prolific that everyone has come into contact with some strain of it at some point. My strain? Chicken pox. I caught chicken pox when I was 2. Chicken pox, is a strain of herpes, so is it's cousin, shingles. When I was a kid, my prudish auntie had chronic cold sores. Cold sores are a manifestation of herpes also. All cold sores are herpes. It's possible to spread herpes, even when there is no outbreak, if the virus manages to find its merry way to a waiting wound or mucous membrane. He should be able to return to a very happy life, and should practice disclosure, and protection. I hope that's helpful.

14. B_DWTS00

B_DWTS00 New Member

I love aids, its sexy.

15. madame_zora

Gold Member

Wow, bug chasers are even more boring than those who denounce safe sex.

16. Matthew

Gold Member

Wow! You don't look like a woman.

17. B_DWTS00

B_DWTS00 New Member

I sure hope I dont lol :biggrin1:

18. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Again, here you are, making light of a very serious issue.

Have you seen anyone DIE of AIDS?

I repeat--STOP.

19. EnglishGentleman

EnglishGentleman New Member

Albums:
    Get out there and catch it if you love it so much, but keep it to yourself.

20. madame_zora

Gold Member

Have you seen many of his posts? clearly he is desperately trying to get attention by being obnoxious on every thread on which he posts. Same guy who nearly beat the shit out of some guy for showing up at his house thinking someone else lived there, then asserted with his hand on his hip how he does whatever he wants wherever he goes. Just another two year old saying "you're not the boss of MEEEEE!"

Might not look like a woman, but he sure acts like a pussy.

Draft saved Draft deleted