''Women don't act on reason. Their thoughts are entirely based on emotion.''

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
and the women who end up with them are the ones with low expectations of male behaviour...jerry springer couples.
Aye. All except the ones looking for flash cars. I'm doubting any of the guests of that show have expensive cars. But then there's always the Chevette with the home made blower and racing stripe paint job might be considered flash to some.

mariamluvsEMbig

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Statement: Women don't act on reason. Their thoughts are entirely based on emotion.''

The statement made me sooooo ANGRY. Then I had a good cry about it, and now I'm just kind of bored with the whole idea. :rolleyes:

did you cry for the person who was stupid enough to make the statement??

missphatbooty

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We can debate this till the end of time but men's and women's brains are VERY VERY different. .

exactly, i really dont understand what is so wrong with accepting that we are very different, differences in not a value judgment of better or worse, just erm, different LOL

hormones have tons of influence on our brains and how we process thoughts and solve problems, man logic and women logic are different, at times we come to similar conclusions but take different paths to get there. i suggest the female brain to intrerested parties. its an interesting read.

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My take on the whole premise is that men and women both have emotions, but are socialized to express them differently. Many societies subtly (and not so subtly) train men to hide certain emotions while allowing them to express others. Women on the other hand are also trained to express some emotions and repress others - or at least express them in "acceptable" ways.

Women are also expected to not be as "intellectual" as men, and are discouraged from going into traditionally male-dominated fields like science and engineering. But the truth is that women and men both exhibit a wide range of intelligence.

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you add right before that statement, "When women are mad..." I would agree in full 100%. It's actually kind of funny because a woman said that to me. And then the other day I started messing with that same woman by taking what she said out of context and she was not amused haha.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
''Women don't act on reason. Their thoughts are entirely based on emotion.''

ladies, if you can manage any actual thoughts, what are your thoughts on this statement?

Actually, women do act on reason...theirs not men's reasoning. And men act on reason...theirs not women's reasoning. Both reasoning profiles are different.

I don't agree that women solely think on emotion though. Men can think on emotion as well. Women and men can act and not act on emotion.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
sometimes i think that the man difference between av man and av woman is not the degree of emotion but the type of emotion we feel the strongest...for example, crime stats would indicate that violent loss of temper is more common in men.

Prosecution/arrest stats. Not actual violent loss of temper - that's quite similar. Men generally being physically stronger are able to inflict more damage.

Domestic violence: the men hit back | Straight Statistics

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My take on the whole premise is that men and women both have emotions, but are socialized to express them differently. Many societies subtly (and not so subtly) train men to hide certain emotions while allowing them to express others. Women on the other hand are also trained to express some emotions and repress others - or at least express them in "acceptable" ways.

Women are also expected to not be as "intellectual" as men, and are discouraged from going into traditionally male-dominated fields like science and engineering. But the truth is that women and men both exhibit a wide range of intelligence.

Not quite. We are naturally / biologically different both physically and in our thought processes. Society just emphasises or is structured around those differences.

Look at how males and females act and interact in the animal kingdom. There are parallels with how humans interact.

SteezerKat

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i think that statement applies 2 both men and women. i kno alot of men who do things just based on emotion or heat of the moment. and i know alot of women who do the same. then i know men who are more of a site down and think type. and i know women who do the same thing. i dont think it apply 2 just one sex.

Mal_the_Wolf

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
it was blindingly obvious my dear.

don't stereotype everyone by assuming her obvious sarcasm is obvious to EVERYONE

lol

I think the common perception of women being more emotional than men is from how the sexes react to their emotions. Women's brains are neurological different than men in the communication centers, in a female brain it's like an 8 lane super highway, and in men it's like a little dirt road. Male or female, humans are emotional but where as a woman (often) expresses her emotions outwardly and verbally, men (often) with hold and/or bottle up our feelings and express them (or take them out) differently.

I:E
sally talks to her sister on the phone for 2 hours when she got into a fight with her husband over the power bill, tom spent the evening in his office playing tetris but 2 days latter makes one of his employee clean the toilets and coffee makers for not turning off his computer before he left for the weekend.

TYPICALLY..... we're all different but every now and then we all fall into a pigeon hole if only for a minute