"Women don't cheat on Alpha males"

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Saw this vid on YouTube of a bride cheating on her husband. At the reception. With the Best Man!

Lots of comments have been posted but this one really struck me - "Women don't cheat on Alpha males." That almost seems like blaming the victim of the deceit, the husband.

But there have been discussions on LPSG about a similar phenomenon that I was unaware of - something to the effect that women undervalue "nice guys" and will leave them for a guy who doesn't treat her well.

"Alpha male" is subjective of course. One woman's Alpha male might be another woman's nightmare. But Alpha male used in the sense that behavioral biologists use it as a dominant male conjures up a certain image of a type of guy in our society, or more specifically a cluster of traits. (I for one am a sucker for cocky, arrogant straight dudes. Literally. lol. Any reading this, contact me for service. But I digress).

Do you agree with the statement "Women don't cheat on Alpha males"?

Also feel free to comment on the slut bride and the SOB so-called Best Man. Hope it wasn't his brother, just someone pretending to be his best friend.

Cheating Bride!.flv - YouTube

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Whoa! That's tacky!

To answer your question, I don't think it has anything to do with the non-cheating spouse. So my answer is no. I think it is victim blaming. I think the fault lies with the person who thinks it's acceptable behavior to behave that deceptively towards someone that he/she has conned into trusting him/her.

I've never gotten involved with anyone who wanted to cheat on someone else with me. I've been afraid that person would do the same thing to me. From what I've observed, there's a good reason for that fear. I have some friends who have never broken up with anyone. Each time they want out of a relationship, they begin looking for someone new while they're still with the last person they were with. In other words, instead of breaking up and living alone, they would rather cheat until they're sure that they want to move on with a new mate. I think it has to do with their own fear of flying alone which outweighs their fear of being caught as a cheater.

tigolbitties

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a woman who has cheated on many men (never married but in serious relationships), I must say this is true.

The few men I've been in relationships with that I've considered strong alpha male types, I never even considered cheating on.

I believe there is something that separates men.. Something that can't be picked up upon, but that is there and women know it. The alpha men get more respect and usually do better in life.. The other men are usually making less than 50k and get cheated on. Sometimes other men do better (I used the word usually) and sometimes alpha males are unsuccessful - but these in my guestimate are the rarity.

Not all alpha males are hung either -though in my experience the best ones are :)

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Saw this vid on YouTube of a bride cheating on her husband. At the reception. With the Best Man!

Lots of comments have been posted but this one really struck me - "Women don't cheat on Alpha males." That almost seems like blaming the victim of the deceit, the husband.

But there have been discussions on LPSG about a similar phenomenon that I was unaware of - something to the effect that women undervalue "nice guys" and will leave them for a guy who doesn't treat her well.

"Alpha male" is subjective of course. One woman's Alpha male might be another woman's nightmare. But Alpha male used in the sense that behavioral biologists use it as a dominant male conjures up a certain image of a type of guy in our society, or more specifically a cluster of traits. (I for one am a sucker for cocky, arrogant straight dudes. Literally. lol. Any reading this, contact me for service. But I digress).

Also feel free to comment on the slut bride and the SOB so-called Best Man. Hope it wasn't his brother, just someone pretending to be his best friend.

Women cheat on alpha males, too.
All the time.

Women simply cheat for different evolutionary reasons than men cheat. Men generally cheat because they have an urge to screw as many women as possible- the result of their optimum reproductive strategy.

Women's reproduction is at a premium, and therefore they tend to be more selective in why and how they cheat. A woman's optimum reproductive strategy is to have at least SOME of her children from a different male... Not only in case the man she marries is genetically not a good mix with her genes... but also because, if her mate dies or leaves, she may have at least one other man on the hook as potential father and therefore invested in promoting the child's welfare.

Most studies show that these strategies are what really drive infidelity... and our rationalizations for why we did what we did are generally invented after the fact to explain our own actions to ourselves.

Sure there are lots of other things affecting how and when women cheat... and its possible the bride cheated with the best man because she wanted to torpedo the marriage... had doubts about her choice... or thought this was her last chance for a fling... or even as retribution for discovering her Groom had boned the stripper at his bachelor party...

But according to the science, and regardless of whether she was on the pill, chances are around 70% that she she was ovulating the day she cheated.

And chances are if she hadn't been ovulating, she would not have done it that day.

B_ILIW

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't agree. Women cheat for a multitude of reasons, not because the man is beta or not self-assured/confident.

if an Alpha Male was a workaholic, and did not attend to his gf (not just sexually but in other relationship areas) she could cheat. It's too PC and frankly stereotypical to say women cheat on loser men. I don't think the term loser has an objective definition.

Reactions: SoaringSpirit

B_ILIW

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

If Alpha Male is used in the PUA sense (not aggressive, but assured, in control, a natural leader) then maybe. Then again, I would still say there are reasons for cheating beyond this.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've known women to cheat on alpha males.

Sometimes it's a long distance relationship, so "love the one you're with."

Sometimes the alpha cheated on them first, so the women feel justified to "revenge cheat."

Sometimes a woman has her own issues, and will cheat on anyone anytime.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had a buddy who's best man from his wedding was fucking his new wife within a month after the wedding. so they get divorced, he wound up with the new car payments, and payments on the new big TV they bought after the wedding.
she later married the best man, and cheated on him too!!!

lost track of her for about 20 yrs and then one night on the local news, the film crew had shot a segment on how folks were using boats to get to their homes along the river. AND there she was!!! she was not with her husband and he was not with his wife. that little 40 seconds of film cost both their marriages. seems they had a little sex rendevous in a river camp and just paddled out at the wrong time.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I dislike alpha males.

The alpha male would beat the living snot out of a woman who cheats on him. Perhaps even kill her. It's been done.

Willifred

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
This is why my sister-in-law has a history of cheating on her husband.

Nope, because there's another woman out there with a workaholic husband who would never dream of cheating.

People are unpredictable, they do the things they want, and sometimes make mistakes, but justify it how they can.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nope, because there's another woman out there with a workaholic husband who would never dream of cheating.

Precisely. It doesn't matter what the person who is with me does, if I'm unhappy or I want to be with another man, I'm going to break up with the person that I'm with first. That's a value that is important to me, my trustworthiness in relationships and I feel that I would lose that if I prove myself to be untrustworthy by cheating on someone. That has nothing to do with who I chose to commit myself to but with me and my values.

The idea of the "alpha male" bothers me because it's so subjective. When people use it, they act like there's some kind of consensus. Take the Presidential candidates, for example. An Obama supporter thinks he's the Alpha and Mitt is a beta, a Mitt supporter thinks the opposite. Each can come up with dissertations worth supporting arguments for their own opinion.

It also bothers me because of this idea that men can control how they're treated by women based upon how much confidence they project. It's PUA nonsense that is no better than Cosmo telling women how they can change the men that they're with. You can't change other people. You can influence them, but ultimately if you don't like the person that you're with, being more confident or listening more isn't actually going to change who they are. You just have to either accept them as they are or move on.

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've never cheated on any of my partners so I cannot speak with any authority but I doubt being considered a 'nice guy' or an 'alpha male' has anything to do with whether someone cheats. There are all kinds of dynamics in any relationship and I'm with FancyPants, I go for the nice guys, they are the ones I consider worth my time, the men that I want to get to know.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

People are unpredictable, they do the things they want, and sometimes make mistakes, but justify it how they can.

I should say: she herself says she cheats because she doesn't like to be sitting at home alone while he's at work.

I don't cheat. If I were to ever do so (Eh about a one in a million chance or something like that lol) it wouldn't be because someone was an "Alpha male" or not. :rolleyes:

ryguy88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
As a woman who has cheated on many men (never married but in serious relationships), I must say this is true.

The few men I've been in relationships with that I've considered strong alpha male types, I never even considered cheating on.

I believe there is something that separates men.. Something that can't be picked up upon, but that is there and women know it. The alpha men get more respect and usually do better in life.. The other men are usually making less than 50k and get cheated on. Sometimes other men do better (I used the word usually) and sometimes alpha males are unsuccessful - but these in my guestimate are the rarity.

Not all alpha males are hung either -though in my experience the best ones are :)

You're a Whore. Good luck finding a Husband. Alpha Male, or not, you're going to eventually find yourself alone. If you happen to land an Alpha Male as a husband, chances are he'll tire of you and stray...