"Women don't cheat on Alpha males"

Alpha Male is such an antiquated term. I thought we had moved past the pack instincts of wolves into a higher level thinking.

Over confidence can be a great initial attraction but you can't survive on just that. There are multiple ways to compete with other males but there is no one true alpha male of everything.

As a woman who has cheated on many men (never married but in serious relationships), I must say this is true.

The few men I've been in relationships with that I've considered strong alpha male types, I never even considered cheating on.

I believe there is something that separates men.. Something that can't be picked up upon, but that is there and women know it. The alpha men get more respect and usually do better in life.. The other men are usually making less than 50k and get cheated on. Sometimes other men do better (I used the word usually) and sometimes alpha males are unsuccessful - but these in my guestimate are the rarity.

Not all alpha males are hung either -though in my experience the best ones are :)

Maybe you actually have commitment issues rather than some crazy urge to go after alpha males?

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Nice guys are always tops in my book...and I disagree with the alpha male statement.

I'd let you be on top, baby. :wink:

Seriously though, I don't think generalizations are ever true. So no, since "women don't cheat on alpha males" is a generalization, I do not think it's true.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Alpha Male is such an antiquated term. I thought we had moved past the pack instincts of wolves into a higher level thinking.

Over confidence can be a great initial attraction but you can't survive on just that. There are multiple ways to compete with other males but there is no one true alpha male of everything.

I agree. Haven't we moved past this?

I have never cheated. Cannot see myself doing so, even should I be tempted. My biology does not dictate my behaviour - my brain does. Yes, overcoming impulse can be difficult, but it builds character and makes me a better human being. Something I'm interested in becoming even if no one else is interested in doing so.

D_Dick_S_Lapp

Account Disabled
Media
I think this might have some truth in it. Either by out right denial, a quick exit or them cheating themselves before or after. That whole "i couldn't care less" attitude saves them because they'll just move on to the next one. Depending on your definition of alpha male that is.

On a side note i think this is pretty sad. Even with the natural leader definition of an alpha male. Nothing lasts forever. Sometimes a leader must follow. If only to better understand those that follow.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

It's a term that has been co-opted by "pick up artists" or PUA who sell techniques for picking up women. The idea is that if a man is "man enough" then his woman won't cheat on him because he made her be faithful. It's bullshit. Nobody can make someone else be faithful. It makes as much sense as telling women that they can prevents their husbands from straying if they're pretty enough or they give enough blowjobs. :rolleyes:

Hmmm...maybe I should take the "nice" outa my name...

Please don't. I like nice men like you. My guy is a nice guy like you who didn't play any games. He won my heart. :heart:

L_egit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This thread is pretty cute, especially in the tone and tenor of the replies. The statement in question isn't universally true, but there's quite a bit of social psychology, on both the theoretical and quantitative study levels, which validates it in the general sense.

We can wish it weren't the case because it smacks against the concepts of equality and fairness that we've been told are the founding pillars of our societies, but at the end of the day the numbers just don't mesh out.

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's also a term made famous in Huxley's "Brave New World" - Alpha male and females were specifically engineered to be the "lead" class in a futuristic society in which roles were determined before birth by genetic manipulation.

I don't think "cheating" can be so easily cordoned off. Women cheat for different reasons, as do men. I'm not inclined to cheat when I am in a relationship, but I don't think his "Alpha" status would influence me either way. I agree with some other posters in that that term is subjective. Does it mean a Gordon Gekko/Type A personality or does it mean the classic "bad boy"?

By the way, thanks for not posting this in "Women's Issues." :tongue:

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This thread is pretty cute, especially in the tone and tenor of the replies. The statement in question isn't universally true, but there's quite a bit of social psychology, on both the theoretical and quantitative study levels, which validates it in the general sense.

We can wish it weren't the case because it smacks against the concepts of equality and fairness that we've been told are the founding pillars of our societies, but at the end of the day the numbers just don't mesh out.

Do you have some links you can share? Thanks.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I don't see how it could. I'm familiar with that study. It's findings suggest that if a woman is looking for a mate, the man she's attracted to might look different depending on where she is in her menstrual cycle. It has nothing to do with whether or not she's more or less likely to cheat on her mate. It's irrelevant to women who are not looking for mates which men they're attracted to.

Last edited:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
You can use whatever terms you like, but I think it is well established that at the "top" of the pecking order the man not being the biologial father when he thinks he is is about 3% and when you get to the "bottom" of the pecking order, it can be as high as 30%.

I have to get to work, so I don't have the time to research the research any further at the moment. I will do later, but bear in mind that even at 30%, the vast majority of mothers are genetically faithful. Sexual cheating at other times, ages and stages of relationships is far more common, more complicated etc etc. I suspect it evens out throughout the pecking order.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You can use whatever terms you like, but I think it is well established that at the "top" of the pecking order the man not being the biologial father when he thinks he is is about 3% and when you get to the "bottom" of the pecking order, it can be as high as 30%.

I have to get to work, so I don't have the time to research the research any further at the moment. I will do later, but bear in mind that even at 30%, the vast majority of mothers are genetically faithful. Sexual cheating at other times, ages and stages of relationships is far more common, more complicated etc etc. I suspect it evens out throughout the pecking order.

Okay, 2-3% of all children are the product of infidelity. I'm looking for your 30% statistic... And it appears that it's an urban myth.

Last edited:

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Saw this vid on YouTube of a bride cheating on her husband. At the reception. With the Best Man!

Lots of comments have been posted but this one really struck me - "Women don't cheat on Alpha males." That almost seems like blaming the victim of the deceit, the husband.

But there have been discussions on LPSG about a similar phenomenon that I was unaware of - something to the effect that women undervalue "nice guys" and will leave them for a guy who doesn't treat her well.

"Alpha male" is subjective of course. One woman's Alpha male might be another woman's nightmare. But Alpha male used in the sense that behavioral biologists use it as a dominant male conjures up a certain image of a type of guy in our society, or more specifically a cluster of traits. (I for one am a sucker for cocky, arrogant straight dudes. Literally. lol. Any reading this, contact me for service. But I digress).

Do you agree with the statement "Women don't cheat on Alpha males"?

Also feel free to comment on the slut bride and the SOB so-called Best Man. Hope it wasn't his brother, just someone pretending to be his best friend.

Cheating Bride!.flv - YouTube
I think that's putting all women in a box, the same kind of mentality of a cave man hitting a woman with a big stick and dragging her off to the cave.
I'd have to say that the person who originally made such a comment belongs in a square box himself.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Do you know the factors that most affect non-paternity?

Race
and location.

White kids in the US? 1-2% non-paternity. Black kids in the US? 10% non-paternity. Kids in Mexico? Greater than 10% non-paternity.

So does that mean Mexico has more "Alpha dogs" then?

Or could it be more related to other factors like, say, poverty, lower education, higher crime rates, et cetera?

Also, 30%? Who even is this supposed group? That doesn't make any sense. If the rate is 1% in the population and some subset is at 30%, there would have to be a much larger group at a rate much lower than 1%. Even at 10%, that really doesn't make sense. In such a population, "alpha dogs" would outnumber "nice guys" many times over.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I would never cheat on an Alpha male for the simple fact that I would never date anyone pathetic enough to consider themselves an Alpha male, or to be considered one by others.

To clarify before all you alpha males get bent out of shape: I replied based on my experience of those generally considered alpha males by others, and those who deem themselves to be alpha males, who in my experience, are all pathetic.

august86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
... I don't think it has anything to do with the non-cheating spouse. So my answer is no. I think it is victim blaming. I think the fault lies with the person who thinks it's acceptable behavior to behave that deceptively towards someone that he/she has conned into trusting him/her...

... but there's quite a bit of social psychology, on both the theoretical and quantitative study levels, which validates it in the general sense...
To answer the question: Some women are more likely to cheat on an ordinary/nice guy than on an alpha type.

I think it comes down to your view of relationships, which is formed by various things like: superficiality, what you've been taught/observed about relationships, your upbringing and previous relationships.

Some people can't handle normalcy and the ordinary, which is usually what a "nice guy" brings to the table. They're so used to the drama, be it from upbringing, previous relationships or witnessing the relationships of those they're close to, that they will often create it when the necessity arises, i.e: through cheating.
It's incredibly sad, but what's even more sad is that it soon becomes habitual. My experience is that: when what you think of becomes what you do, it quickly becomes who you are.

So many of us would call the cheating bride a whore or a slut, of which she fits the profile.

I'm glad there are some real women on this site, though.
:You_Rock_Emoticon: