Women, how big is the market for ergonomically designed bicycle seats?

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
When I see a woman sitting on a chair -- be it a news anchor, my female boss, or a cyclist -- I always think: actually, women sit ON their genitals. Men's genitalia dangle in front of them. Not so for women.

So in fact, you always sit on your pussy. Perhaps this can be uncomfortable, at times? Is it a strange design flaw? Did God miscalculate somewhere?

In any case, since I'm a part-time designer of strictly useful objects (like toothbrushes), I wonder how big the market is for ergonomically designed bicycle seats for women.

Many women ride a bicycle. As a new generation of girls is becoming "green", demand for bicycles will only grow (this is already a clear trend in the EU).

So in short, if there is a real problem with women and bicycle seats, then the market looks very promising indeed.

What do you think? Is sitting on one's pussy uncomfortable? Or is the problem purely imaginary?

Trouty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ergonomically designed bicycle seats for women are already on the market

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I used to first work for Sturmy Archer, then Ralleigh, in Nottingham, England, so know the bike saddle issue well.

Generaly I did not see many saddles pecificaly built for women, but there are a small collection about, from the likes of Velo and Brooks.

They tend to support the arse better with women compared to men (Used to have a fantastic sprung type used on Ralleigh Shoppa bikes), where as with men, they tend to be built slimmer, and especaly so on Racer type bikes (Like sitting on a fucking razor blade though!).

To be honest, it all depends what type of bike you are looking at, as to what sort of saddle you would have fitted.

Town bikes tend to be the most fullest, ATB / Mountin Bikes around mid size, Racers built thin to allow the most leg movment. You then also have the Ladies version of these bikes, which basicaly just involved removing the main top cross bar, and fitting a double tube from the handle bars (Head Stock) down to the peddles (Crank).

Never understood why men's bikes had the cross bar, especaly when it's much easier to crush your bollocks than a pussy when you braked hard and slipped, as I often do (Not plesent either!).

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When I see a woman sitting on a chair -- be it a news anchor, my female boss, or a cyclist -- I always think: actually, women sit ON their genitals. Men's genitalia dangle in front of them. Not so for women.

So in fact, you always sit on your pussy. Perhaps this can be uncomfortable, at times? Is it a strange design flaw? Did God miscalculate somewhere?

In any case, since I'm a part-time designer of strictly useful objects (like toothbrushes), I wonder how big the market is for ergonomically designed bicycle seats for women.

Many women ride a bicycle. As a new generation of girls is becoming "green", demand for bicycles will only grow (this is already a clear trend in the EU).

So in short, if there is a real problem with women and bicycle seats, then the market looks very promising indeed.

What do you think? Is sitting on one's pussy uncomfortable? Or is the problem purely imaginary?

1. As many people have mentioned there are already bike seats made for women and there have been since I was a child.

2. I don't know about super skinny women but I have enough padding on my ass that I sit on my ass not my vagina. It's between my legs/thighs when I sit and even if I lean extremely forward I'm not really sitting on it so no it's not uncomfortable.

3. I think you forget that many man are cursed with having sat on their own balls and squishing them. I should think that is a much more common occurence than a woman sitting down and saying "oh fuck that's painful I just sat on my pussy".

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
1. As many people have mentioned there are already bike seats made for women and there have been since I was a child.

2. I don't know about super skinny women but I have enough padding on my ass that I sit on my ass not my vagina. It's between my legs/thighs when I sit and even if I lean extremely forward I'm not really sitting on it so no it's not uncomfortable.

3. I think you forget that many man are cursed with having sat on their own balls and squishing them. I should think that is a much more common occurence than a woman sitting down and saying "oh fuck that's painful I just sat on my pussy".

ScorpioSlut, indeed, I may have exaggerated things a bit.

But I have heard of women (on another forum) that when a girl has big labia minora, it can be painful on a bicycle sometimes.

The existing ergonomically designed saddles did not meet their needs, they told me.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I have a gel seat for my bike because my pussy gets crushed and bruised from riding a normal bike. The gel seat works for now, but I would love to get a seat that is made for a girl.

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
I have a gel seat for my bike because my pussy gets crushed and bruised from riding a normal bike. The gel seat works for now, but I would love to get a seat that is made for a girl.

See? There's a market for innovative saddles for the women of this planet!

Or, errr, does a single individual constitute a market?

In any case, I'm sure there are more sore pussies out there. Ladies, speak up, this is your chance to revolt!!!