Women: if you'll tolerate bad or mediocre sex, what constitutes average or good sex?

W/In 1 Stand Dev

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi there ladies,

I got the idea for this thread from what Altered Ego said in another thread:

I'm betting you're a bad lay. From what I hear, many dudes are. I think this happens because most women tolerate mediocre, or even bad sex. So, what happens is that a guy who puts in any effort at all, is automatically better. You've got a big one (unless that length measurement is from the underside, in which case you likely are average)

In the past, I think I have had bad sex. It was too mechanical and/or the passion just wasn't there.

So, I'm curious. Once the "act" is over, do you mull it over in your mind..."mnn... yeah, that was just average sex."

What is average sex?

Are you happy with average sex?

Or do you always want something more or something better?

Or is this just a "grass is greener" thing?

Thanks,

Within One Stand Dev

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
No I don't think it's a "greener thing".
Number one is,you have to of had enough experience, to be able to judge.
That usually means several different partners,or it can mean, you have an unusually good, and curious partner, who is willing to try all types of experimenting with you!
In the latter case,congratulations! You are well on your way, to having great sex!
# 2. I always think and rethink how great the sex was.Since I have a partner who will go to any lengths,to please me,I am always thinking about the times,that he made me come 12,or more times.
I am so blessed!
cigarbabe:saevil:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi there ladies,
What is average sex? For me Average sex would be when we are both really into it and he cums and I don't. Mentally, physically, emotionally I can be totally in the moment and loving all the sensations. His kiss, his scent, his hands roaming everywhere. I can be enjoying pleasuring him but for some reason I don't cum. :frown1: That I would describe as average sex.
Are you happy with average sex? No, not anymore.:cool:

Or do you always want something more or something better? Men can have bad or average sex and still climax. They get the needed release. I'm not built like that. I don't think many women are.:redface:
Or is this just a "grass is greener" thing? No

Thanks,
Within One Stand Dev

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi there ladies,
What is average sex? For me Average sex would be when we are both really into it and he cums and I don't. Mentally, physically, emotionally I can be totally in the moment and loving all the sensations. His kiss, his scent, his hands roaming everywhere. I can be enjoying pleasuring him but for some reason I don't cum. :frown1: That I would describe as average sex. Are you happy with average sex? No, not anymore.:cool: Or do you always want something more or something better? Men can have bad or average sex and still climax. They get the needed release. I'm not built like that. I don't think many women are.:redface: Or is this just a "grass is greener" thing? No Thanks, Within One Stand Dev

Very interesting. I guess most people do have sex mainly in order to orgasm. But for me 'good sex' does not have to include that ... in fact I much prefer sex that lasts a lot longer without any desperate urgent need to climax ... although I have to admit it does 'get me off' (so to speak) to make my partner cum (especially if they are not expecting it) ... of course I have to make sure they want it even if theyre not expecting it, because for me the ultimate bad sex is a quick desperate 'gotta make you cum' scene and then they actually think they've done you a favour Sheesh

Linda Sue

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
First, I don't tolerate bad sex. I've had it great and it's impossible to go back.
Second, I'm sorry to say that having a big cock is not enough, and some guys with big cocks think all they have to do is show up. Big mistake.
A great lover is very in tune with me, wants to pleasure me, is confident and skillful, loving, sensual...takes his time most times, but knows when a great quickie is just the thing. Afterwards, he holds me and caresses me (most of the time).

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
The more I read, the more it sounds like most men are horrible in bed. It seems that things I almost take for granted in my own effort and performance, a lot of men feel is something special or that requires some kind of rare motivation. It's genuinely unbelievable. (If the experiences and opinions of the women of LPSG represent women on the whole.) :confused:

Anyway ladies, as you were. Interesting question.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess I don't tolerate mediocre sex...don't think I've ever had it because as far as I know sex has always been great but maybe that is just because I like it so much. I have to agree with Linda Sue...it is not the size of the man, it is his confidence and the attention he gives to me that makes him a great lover. I like men who are not reserved in bed...men who are enthusiastic, attentive, responsive, giving as well as having the ability to just be on the receiving end. I like men who know when to be gentle and when to be an animal(but that's all a part of being in tune with eachother), I like creativity, spontanaity, and just plain simple appreciation for time with eachother. I've never not had an orgasm (except when I lost my virginity), and most are multiples so I guess I must be doing something right...

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Mediocre sex is forgivable if it's due to inexperience. We were all inexperienced at one stage and I wouldn't judge someone because of the lack of it.
Perhaps no one had taken the time to teach them a better way.
Alot of men are ignorant of the way a womans body works and just need tactful and thoughtful direction. Positive and immediate feedback when they are pleasing you encourages them.
What is unforgiveable is the selfish lover who is out for his own pleasure at the expense of mine.
They never get invited to my bed again.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think there's a difference not discussed here: good sex/bad sex with men and in what kind of relationship: short term, long term? Serial monogamy? One of many or one many times?
Well for me, I am talking about a monogamous relationship...whether it is short term or long term only time can tell on that...have had both, but always monogamous...not interested otherwise.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dead lays. There's tons of them out there.

I once had a guy, very goodlooking take off his clothes and just hop onto bed and just lay there expecting me to service him. He obviously did not understand the concept of sex. I later discovered that he never had any lasting relationships. Suprise!

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dead lays. There's tons of them out there.
I once had a guy, very goodlooking take off his clothes and just hop onto bed and just lay there expecting me to service him. He obviously did not understand the concept of sex. I later discovered that he never had any lasting relationships. Suprise!

Unfortunately your experience is not surprising. I know OP is more concerned with heterosexual men but someone on this thread said 2 out of 3 men were bad in bed (for the ladies) and I would like to add that 2 out of 3 men (not the same men as before lol) are also pretty useless in bed when it comes to gay sex.

But I wonder how many women are not very good in bed (according to straight men (obviously because I dont think there are many lesbians on this site)).

And of course inexperience makes almost anything forgivable.

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i am average maybe in one night stand ( in some actually) with my gf i am "orgasm giver"

we had about 2-3 bad sex experiences where problems with the condoms or even erection... ( overdue masturbation and other which i wont get into) but have never failed to give her at least an orgasm per session! and this is out of a few hundred times.

new_n_curious

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am in a monogamous relationship and average sex for me is the 'during the week quickie' and good sex is what we do at the weekend when we have more time and less work pressure.

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mediocre sex is sex with no chemistry, no spark.
When it's just about getting off, not about having fun and enjoying all the sensations.
Good sex is about exploring, doing what you feel. Feeling comfortable to do and say what you want.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The more I read, the more it sounds like most men are horrible in bed. Not most, but many are just plain clueless. :redface: It seems that things I almost take for granted in my own effort and performance, a lot of men feel is something special or that requires some kind of rare motivation. I attribute that to your youth and overall intelligence. It's genuinely unbelievable. (If the experiences and opinions of the women of LPSG represent women on the whole.) :confused: IMHO, Women younger than myself have had a better time of it on the whole in regards to sex. Prior to the early to mid 1980's not many men seemed to care about providing pleasure to their women, just getting their rocks off. :mad: Consequently men that came of age after that era tend to be more sensitive to the sexual needs of their partners.
Anyway ladies, as you were. Interesting question.

Very interesting. I guess most people do have sex mainly in order to orgasm. But for me 'good sex' does not have to include that ... in fact I much prefer sex that lasts a lot longer without any desperate urgent need to climax ... although I have to admit it does 'get me off' (so to speak) to make my partner cum (especially if they are not expecting it) I like that too. :smile:... of course I have to make sure they want it even if theyre not expecting it, because for me the ultimate bad sex is a quick desperate 'gotta make you cum' scene and then they actually think they've done you a favour Sheesh
:yikes: I know what you mean that is awful!

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Mediocre sex is forgivable if it's due to inexperience. We were all inexperienced at one stage and I wouldn't judge someone because of the lack of it.
Perhaps no one had taken the time to teach them a better way.
Alot of men are ignorant of the way a womans body works and just need tactful and thoughtful direction. Positive and immediate feedback when they are pleasing you encourages them.
What is unforgiveable is the selfish lover who is out for his own pleasure at the expense of mine.
They never get invited to my bed again.

yes if a man likes you enough to have sex with you
just tell him what you like more then likely you will get it !

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
The only bad sex I have to say that i've ever had is when they were too drunk to function. To me sex isn't just getting off, it's about that moment that you know that your partner is in pure extacy. When you can look into her eyes and she looks back with an almost animalistic abandon. When words can't describe the insurmountable pleasure between me and her. When i'm with a woman her pleasure is always No.1.

whew... I have to stop now:rolleyes:

Aplus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
But I wonder how many women are not very good in bed (according to straight men (obviously because I dont think there are many lesbians on this site)).

Initially, with most men, probably not very many. Once experience sets in, I think the numbers start to go much higher.