Women: if you'll tolerate bad or mediocre sex, what constitutes average or good sex?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by W/In 1 Stand Dev, Dec 7, 2007.

1. W/In 1 Stand Dev

W/In 1 Stand Dev Active Member

Hi there ladies,

I got the idea for this thread from what Altered Ego said in another thread:

In the past, I think I have had bad sex. It was too mechanical and/or the passion just wasn't there.

So, I'm curious. Once the "act" is over, do you mull it over in your mind..."mnn... yeah, that was just average sex."

What is average sex?

Are you happy with average sex?

Or do you always want something more or something better?

Or is this just a "grass is greener" thing?

Thanks,

Within One Stand Dev

2. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

No I don't think it's a "greener thing".
    Number one is,you have to of had enough experience, to be able to judge.
    That usually means several different partners,or it can mean, you have an unusually good, and curious partner, who is willing to try all types of experimenting with you!
    In the latter case,congratulations! You are well on your way, to having great sex!
    # 2. I always think and rethink how great the sex was.Since I have a partner who will go to any lengths,to please me,I am always thinking about the times,that he made me come 12,or more times.
    I am so blessed!
    cigarbabe:saevil:

3. Principessa

Gold Member

4. str82fcuk

str82fcuk Member

Albums:
    Glasgow ... (formerly Johannesburg, Montreal)

5. Linda Sue

Linda Sue New Member

Albums:
    First, I don't tolerate bad sex. I've had it great and it's impossible to go back.
    Second, I'm sorry to say that having a big cock is not enough, and some guys with big cocks think all they have to do is show up. Big mistake.
    A great lover is very in tune with me, wants to pleasure me, is confident and skillful, loving, sensual...takes his time most times, but knows when a great quickie is just the thing. Afterwards, he holds me and caresses me (most of the time).

6. No_Strings

Gold Member

The more I read, the more it sounds like most men are horrible in bed. It seems that things I almost take for granted in my own effort and performance, a lot of men feel is something special or that requires some kind of rare motivation. It's genuinely unbelievable. (If the experiences and opinions of the women of LPSG represent women on the whole.) :confused:

Anyway ladies, as you were. Interesting question.

7. Act2_Begins_Now

Act2_Begins_Now New Member

In my experience

2 out of 3 men are horrible in bed

8. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    I guess I don't tolerate mediocre sex...don't think I've ever had it because as far as I know sex has always been great but maybe that is just because I like it so much. I have to agree with Linda Sue...it is not the size of the man, it is his confidence and the attention he gives to me that makes him a great lover. I like men who are not reserved in bed...men who are enthusiastic, attentive, responsive, giving as well as having the ability to just be on the receiving end. I like men who know when to be gentle and when to be an animal(but that's all a part of being in tune with eachother), I like creativity, spontanaity, and just plain simple appreciation for time with eachother. I've never not had an orgasm (except when I lost my virginity), and most are multiples so I guess I must be doing something right...

9. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Mediocre sex is forgivable if it's due to inexperience. We were all inexperienced at one stage and I wouldn't judge someone because of the lack of it.
    Perhaps no one had taken the time to teach them a better way.
    Alot of men are ignorant of the way a womans body works and just need tactful and thoughtful direction. Positive and immediate feedback when they are pleasing you encourages them.
    What is unforgiveable is the selfish lover who is out for his own pleasure at the expense of mine.
    They never get invited to my bed again.

10. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think there's a difference not discussed here: good sex/bad sex with men and in what kind of relationship: short term, long term? Serial monogamy? One of many or one many times?

11. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well for me, I am talking about a monogamous relationship...whether it is short term or long term only time can tell on that...have had both, but always monogamous...not interested otherwise.

12. earllogjam

Gold Member

Dead lays. There's tons of them out there.

I once had a guy, very goodlooking take off his clothes and just hop onto bed and just lay there expecting me to service him. He obviously did not understand the concept of sex. I later discovered that he never had any lasting relationships. Suprise!

13. str82fcuk

str82fcuk Member

Albums:
    Glasgow ... (formerly Johannesburg, Montreal)

Unfortunately your experience is not surprising. I know OP is more concerned with heterosexual men but someone on this thread said 2 out of 3 men were bad in bed (for the ladies) and I would like to add that 2 out of 3 men (not the same men as before lol) are also pretty useless in bed when it comes to gay sex.

But I wonder how many women are not very good in bed (according to straight men (obviously because I dont think there are many lesbians on this site)).

And of course inexperience makes almost anything forgivable.

14. B_andyo

B_andyo New Member

i am average maybe in one night stand ( in some actually) with my gf i am "orgasm giver"

we had about 2-3 bad sex experiences where problems with the condoms or even erection... ( overdue masturbation and other which i wont get into) but have never failed to give her at least an orgasm per session! and this is out of a few hundred times.

15. new_n_curious

new_n_curious New Member

Albums:
    I am in a monogamous relationship and average sex for me is the 'during the week quickie' and good sex is what we do at the weekend when we have more time and less work pressure.

16. B_Jennuine73

B_Jennuine73 New Member

Mediocre sex is sex with no chemistry, no spark.
    When it's just about getting off, not about having fun and enjoying all the sensations.
    Good sex is about exploring, doing what you feel. Feeling comfortable to do and say what you want.

17. Principessa

Gold Member

:yikes: I know what you mean that is awful!

18. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    yes if a man likes you enough to have sex with you
    just tell him what you like more then likely you will get it !

19. Dorian_Gray

Gold Member

Albums:
    The only bad sex I have to say that i've ever had is when they were too drunk to function. To me sex isn't just getting off, it's about that moment that you know that your partner is in pure extacy. When you can look into her eyes and she looks back with an almost animalistic abandon. When words can't describe the insurmountable pleasure between me and her. When i'm with a woman her pleasure is always No.1.

whew... I have to stop now:rolleyes:

20. Aplus

Aplus New Member

Initially, with most men, probably not very many. Once experience sets in, I think the numbers start to go much higher.

Draft saved Draft deleted