women in nyc

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by ulube08, Nov 12, 2010.

1. ulube08

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    this is a metropolis filled with aggressive cocky callers
    do u ever go for the passive humble guy?

i read something that said girls are less likely to date the guy they really like. is this true and does it relate?

is it a basic rule that a guy has to be the forward one or else nothing is gonna happen?

2. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    <<<Doesn't understand why fogio needs everyone to agree with him.

I lived in NY when I was single. I liked cocky aggressive men, but only if they didn't pursue me before I could pursue them. I have always been a little uncomfortable with male attention, and liked to be the one doing the chasing. I would never date a passive guy though, not ever. Humble is fine. Passive? I would steam-roll that guy.

3. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    In general, most women will give off signals, and expect a man to be the forward one.

Some women are forward, but they're rather rare, and it's only in certain circumstances, like when there's significant chemistry. It's just a different personality, but if you're hoping that an forward woman will come along and you can be passive and just wait for her? You might be waiting forever.

The guy has to be the forward one? What's wrong with the woman being the forward one?

I don't agree with you. Sorry!

I'm not typically the forward one, but I'm not going to be judgmental towards women who are forward, and phrase, "a guy has to be the forward one" sounds offensive to me.

4. fivepointharness

fivepointharness New Member

I am originally from NY, upstate area. I spent many nights and weekends chasing tail in NYC and the five boroughs, and have worked all over NY, well all over the US really, so I feel I can add some insight.

Women in NYC GENERALLY want to be pursued, as in you need to be the forward one. In fact in my experience, as a gross generalization, the majority of women on the east coast would prefer that the man be the one making the advances.

If you were to try your luck in such places as, say Texas or Oklahoma, or the mid-west in general, you will find that some of these cowgirls will literally grab you by the hand and lead you out of the bar and back to your truck.

All of this depends on the demeanor and preferences of the tail that you are chasing, but I think that there is a regional parameter as well. Socially, there are different wants and expectations in different parts of the country (and world, for that matter) based upon how people are raised, how they interact with one another, and what is considered socially acceptable.

To recap, get yourself a pair of square-toe boots, wranglers, a tee shirt, and a can of Copenhagen, Fly to Dallas, OKC, or hell,even San Antonio, and proceed to drink in the wonderful sights of western women. Probably much more likely to get laid there than chasing women in NYC that value clothing more than personality.

(Yes this post is filled with gross generalizations. If I were speak in specifics and not generalizations, this post would be even longer. Not intending to offend, but if I got a lil piece of your ass, so be it. We're adults, we can handle it.)

Draft saved Draft deleted