women, know your limits!

InsaneJester

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
do not have wild and dangerous opinions of your own

do not attempt to drive

the first one reminds me of some of the male poster's here. forever answering for us, then getting angry if we don't fall in line.

yeah, these are silly, humorous clips. but...do you ever feel like some of these expectations are still held by men/society?

If you can back an opinion up with a sound argument that is more than talking out of your cute ass, than by all means go ahead. However if you puppet someone else's opinion as your own and then are incapable of backing it up, then thats wrong imo.

Idk based on my x's (which is how I judge a lot of female issues) Id say 60% of women are decent drivers and 40% should be banned from driving for general public safety. But since I know my x's are not an accurate sampling of the populace, I'll simply say I don't ride with a gf for the first 2 months we date, or till I've had a chance to properly gauge her driving prowess.

Why you ask? Well the answer is simple, Self freakin preservation. Once a girl scares the $#!^ out of you bad enough to where you think your heart is literally about to stop, and then shrugs it off like nothing. Where you question her sanity and weigh the hotness of her ass versus the likelihood of you dying in a tragic car accident in the near future to decide if you want to continue dating her, you look at things differently.

Fortunately that has only happened with 2 x's, meaning I only had to buy 2 new pairs of underwear due to vehicular reasons.

But to be fair Ive seen male drivers that were worse, so this and many other things has taught me to treat life on a case by case basis.

And you ask why is the blue section so much bigger, because I love the color blue, so if you don't like that I've got just two words for ya.

There are still many inflexible moronic men in the world, more than I'd like to admit. Ignore the idiots I say, Throw stuff at them dolf says

One of my best friends husband has this stupid belief that its her duty to make him dinner and bring him a beer when he comes home and props his feet up and watches tv. And there's no requirement of him to be a good husband or romantic or give half a crap about her happiness as long as he pays the bills. Which is stupid and she should leave his dumb@$$ but some times women are illogical (ducks the large object dolfette threw while simultaneously throwing out chocolates and doing a backwards roll to get out of harms way)

and dolf I like assuming what you would say really to be the joker that I am, and I don't think you'll go totally insane and kill me because of it. Plus I dig your sense of humor.

Easter eggs are a possibility for the observant.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I can speak to the driving part. As a preface, I'm pretty well educated and was brought up somewhat liberal and believe that both women and men have their strengths and weaknesses. I also realize that the clip above is somewhat of an exaggeration. That being said, it is MY experience that bad drivers are more often women. Unfortunately, the truth is controversial sometimes, but it is the sum of my experiences. I am not saying women are inferior, they're just different and excel at different things (driving not being one of them). I would not have a problem with insurance companies charging women a higher premium for coverage.

utter ridiculousness!

i could argue that in my experience, men are the bad drivers. one who was drunk and drag racing put my sister in the hospital for a month. another killed a relative of mine (with his car, obviously). still another t-boned a good friend and left her to walk with a broken limb practically carrying her cousin for a mile to the nearest house. she now has more metal in her body than i do (and i have a 3 inch plate + 8 pins) and a lovely seizure disorder. two different (male) taxi drivers ran red lights and involved other loved ones in accidents. could blame this all on MALES. but i won't. puh-leez about the playing the gender card.

to answer dolf's OP: yes, i have definitely experienced that attitude in day-to-day life. look at that dude's nonsense (as an example). and others here (as examples).

i just am so tired.

Last edited:

fire77

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Cars were invented just over a century ago and up until WW2 drivers were mostly if not all were men, only recently women had the opportunity to drive let alone own a car, and still till this day the majority of drivers are men. My mom learned to drive in her 50s my dad learned to drive when he was just 15, learning to drive at an early age does makes a lot of difference. All that been said, statistically women are better drivers than men and they are involved in much less accidents than men.

Let's go back to the original topic and let's have some fun about it instead of throwing some judgments against each other.

I love Harry Enfield and chums and the Fast show and I ask all of you to " K for Kalm (calm) Down ".

Oh by they way..
I challenge any of you men, women and ghosts to a driving contest any time.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I completely agree with doogie888 in as much as my personal experience is that the majority of women are clearly not meant for driving, and this forms a huge part of the reason I've put off learning until now (when I was forced to learn!)

With that said, I am not so blind as to assume my personal experience is in keeping with the overall statistics. I grew up in a small village where there was a choice of two instructors, one male, one female... One bad teacher who gets half a village just about through a test and you're bound to have a warped sense of things. I then moved to a large city and while the "bad drivers" that stand out are generally women, I believe it's probably more a case of them being less aggressive in their driving than is often required in large cities... If anything, they stand out as being bad/annoying drivers because they're the ones doing things properly, which seriously gets in the way when no one else is!

I understand and accept that my personal experience is NOT how things are in general, and that there are many reasons things may not be as they seem at first glance.

I think that may be where the line between using a stereotype for humour purposes crosses into sexism... Whether your personal experience lends itself to the stereotype or not, there is no excuse for not educating yourself about the subject fully these days, and it usually pretty easy to tell the difference between those trying to be funny by exaggerating a stereotype, and those using humour to further a stereotype.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh my goodness, Phil. Spankings make me a little wet.
Um, no... but the fact that you believe in ghosts without any evidence that such things exist demonstrates that you do not base your beliefs upon actual evidence.

Again, foolishness is to ignore real evidence in favor of an idea you have that you can not even demonstrate the origin of.

Accident statistics are not influenced by stories told in bars by other guys, or dismissive canards you may have heard at your father's knee.

But YOU are ... ( like all of us... how we interpret our personal experience is largely founded in what we believe about the world.)

You can go ahead an believe in astrology... because you imagine your 'chart' says things that are true of you in particular... and ignore the fact that double blind studies prove that people have the exact same response no matter WHICH chart you hand them...
You can go ahead and imagine that stuff is true, without any valid and demonstrable proof in support... but, in fact, that is the original meaning of the word Imbecile. One without support for what they say.

Um... so your suggestion is that the overwhelming weight of 60 years worth of actuarial data is masking the fact that women, driving around, cause a lot of accidents from which they escape without the slightest evidence?

Really? By the same ridiculous logic I can imply that men cause as many accidents that they are not actually damaged by.... and how, exactly, do you propose to prove that your assertions is true and mine is not?

How many accidents have you personally been in that were caused by a woman and that she escaped from without being cited?

Your suggestion is silly, on its face, because if this were true, then Women, being half of all drivers, would be just as often in accidents caused by women who escaped involvement in the wreck...

get it? it would result in equal amounts of women and men involved in accidents caused by mystery women.... which cancel each other out and still fails to explain why the men still have more accidents than women.

Or... are you meaning to suggest that Men suffer accidents caused by these mystery women disproportionately to their numbers as drivers?

In that case, your argument reveals that women drivers seem better able than men to evade these accidents caused by oblivious females...
And THAT means they are better drivers, because they avoid a common hazard that men are too stupid, too slow or too incompetent to evade.

See... that's why real statistics and real data trump opinion.
Because opinion based thinking keeps getting you boxed into logical paradoxes that end up making you look ignorant.

As to the statistics... if you drive in the US, then you ought to already know that single men, under the age of 27 pay the highest auto insurance rates in thew world... and your insurance company would be happy to supply you with the research that supports their pricing policies.

InsaneJester

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cars were invented just over a century ago and up until WW2 drivers were mostly if not all were men, only recently women had the opportunity to drive let alone own a car, and still till this day the majority of drivers are men. My mom learned to drive in her 50s my dad learned to drive when he was just 15, learning to drive at an early age does makes a lot of difference. All that been said, statistically women are better drivers than men and they are involved in much less accidents than men.

Let's go back to the original topic and let's have some fun about it instead of throwing some judgments against each other.

I love Harry Enfield and chums and the Fast show and I ask all of you to " K for Kalm (calm) Down ".

Oh by they way..
I challenge any of you men, women and ghosts to a driving contest any time.

Well as long as we didn't bet money I wouldn't feel bad about beating you

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the driving thing...
well the average woman is more likely to hesitate and have poor spacial awareness. fucking irritating. lower premiums.
the average man is more likely to speed and indulge in high risk behaviours. fucking lethal. higher premiums.

i've been carpark pranged only by women.
i've been almost killed in some retarded, ego tripping, kamikaze overtaking manoeuvre only by men.

but those are just my personal experiences.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
the driving thing...
well the average woman is more likely to hesitate and have poor spacial awareness. fucking irritating. lower premiums.
the average man is more likely to speed and indulge in high risk behaviours. fucking lethal. higher premiums.

i've been carpark pranged only by women.
i've been almost killed in some retarded, ego tripping, kamikaze overtaking manoeuvre only by men.

but those are just my personal experiences.

As someone who knows how to drive but is legally prohibited from even getting behind the wheel because of my epilepsy, all I'll say is I'd rather only women drivers were allowed on the motorway and I'd rather only men where allowed to drive in the city or park cars.

But that again is going purely on my experiences.

MoociMan

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I can speak to the driving part. As a preface, I'm pretty well educated and was brought up somewhat liberal and believe that both women and men have their strengths and weaknesses. I also realize that the clip above is somewhat of an exaggeration. That being said, it is MY experience that bad drivers are more often women. Unfortunately, the truth is controversial sometimes, but it is the sum of my experiences. I am not saying women are inferior, they're just different and excel at different things (driving not being one of them). I would not have a problem with insurance companies charging women a higher premium for coverage.

You are such a douchebag. You are speaking out of ingorance, and I hate that. Let me break this down: Woman are safer drivers than men. You might have experienced some girlfriends of yours having trouble paralell parking, but statistically, there is a higher risk of getting dead by driving with you.

There are many explanaitions. Woman are culturally seen as passengers, not drivers. This means that men might drive more often than woman. Second, men are supposed to play in their vehicles. Men more often than woman are involved in accidents due to speeding and drunkdriving, and those accidents are more often fatal than bumping into another car.

Think about it: how would you react to a woman being a stuntdriver. You would probably be like "Oh, rat!" but then in your mind go "weird... woman aren't supposed to drive...".

Sexism should be dead, but we are just stupid humans so it will stay here untill the end.Because we are all so smart and know everything because we have experienced 1 or 2 cases of something in our life. Like, I got punched by a black man, so I know for a fact that black men are violent. You see, the fact might or might not exist, but the reason for me to draw the conclusion is wrong and my justification for it is as weak as my statistical evidence: one black man punching me. Hope the point is made and no feelings harmed.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you really want to experience heart-stopping, adrenalin-pumping, pants-wetting fear, try going out on the road as a motorcyclist, bicyclist or pedestrian. It's the fastest way to learn not to trust any car-driver, male or female.
god yeah!
before i had learnt to drive, i once saw an accident between a car and a moped. the car was barely scratched but the moped rider had his tibia poking right out through his calf *shudder*
people on bikes just look so damn squishy compared to my car. i give them a WIDE berth. but the way i see other drivers acting around them scares the chit out of me.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
do not have wild and dangerous opinions of your own

If you can back an opinion up with a sound argument that is more than talking out of your cute ass, than by all means go ahead. However if you puppet someone else's opinion as your own and then are incapable of backing it up, then thats wrong imo.

Yeah, cos a man would never do that. All men always formulate all of their own opinions completely independently. :rolleyes:

do not attempt to drive
Idk based on my x's (which is how I judge a lot of female issues) Id say 60% of women are decent drivers and 40% should be banned from driving for general public safety. But since I know my x's are not an accurate sampling of the populace, I'll simply say I don't ride with a gf for the first 2 months we date, or till I've had a chance to properly gauge her driving prowess.

Why you ask? Well the answer is simple, Self freakin preservation. Once a girl scares the $#!^ out of you bad enough to where you think your heart is literally about to stop, and then shrugs it off like nothing. Where you question her sanity and weigh the hotness of her ass versus the likelihood of you dying in a tragic car accident in the near future to decide if you want to continue dating her, you look at things differently.

And you've never had a guy scare you in a car? Ever? I've been scared by more men than women but I still give each driver the credit of being an individual.

I see your shit as no different from the troll's - read Phil's response to him.

Fortunately that has only happened with 2 x's, meaning I only had to buy 2 new pairs of underwear due to vehicular reasons.

But to be fair Ive seen male drivers that were worse, so this and many other things has taught me to treat life on a case by case basis.

And yet you don't - you say yourself that based on previous experience you don't let women drive you. Which is true?

the first one reminds me of some of the male poster's here. forever answering for us, then getting angry if we don't fall in line.
There are still many inflexible moronic men in the world, more than I'd like to admit. Ignore the idiots I say, Throw stuff at them dolf says

So I should ignore you for the idiotic stuff posted above?

yeah, these are silly, humorous clips. but...do you ever feel like some of these expectations are still held by men/society?
One of my best friends husband has this stupid belief that its her duty to make him dinner and bring him a beer when he comes home and props his feet up and watches tv. And there's no requirement of him to be a good husband or romantic or give half a crap about her happiness as long as he pays the bills. Which is stupid and she should leave his dumb@$$ but some times women are illogical (ducks the large object dolfette threw while simultaneously throwing out chocolates and doing a backwards roll to get out of harms way)

Yeah - I know this guy with this stupid belief that he shouldn't let women drive him because he dated 2 women who were bad drivers. Oh, wait - that was you!! :lmao:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
people don't have to back up opinions.
opinions are personally held and everyone has the right to their own.
people only need to back up arguments, advice or orders.

people needing to justify opinions = 1984

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

Maybe not back up, but there does seem to be a growing trend of people not understanding their own opinions, not being able to explain their opinions, and just parroting things they've been told by others... I think there should be at least some responsibility on the opinion holder to know enough about their opinion and the topic it is based on to be able to explain why they have said opinion.

My husband was terrible when we first met, he had all these really strong opinions all based on what he'd been told was correct, and no one had ever challenged them. It's funny how many opinions change when people are forced to actually spend time looking into things!

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Maybe not back up, but there does seem to be a growing trend of people not understanding their own opinions, not being able to explain their opinions, and just parroting things they've been told by others... I think there should be at least some responsibility on the opinion holder to know enough about their opinion and the topic it is based on to be able to explain why they have said opinion.

My husband was terrible when we first met, he had all these really strong opinions all based on what he'd been told was correct, and no one had ever challenged them. It's funny how many opinions change when people are forced to actually spend time looking into things!
the majority of people have always been about as self aware as a dog turd. it's no new thing. that's how the holocaust happened. that's why egyptians worshipped kings as gods.

but, at least until they start foisting onto others, choosing ignorance is a right. free will.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
but, at least until they start foisting onto others, choosing ignorance is a right. free will.

That's the thing though isn't it... There are an awful lot of people not capable of just having an opinion, they can't voice it without telling you that your opinion is wrong and you have the think the same as they think.

Ignorance is a right, but it certainly doesn't extend as far as demanding everyone choose your brand of ignorance, and a quick glance at the politics forum is evidence enough that so many think otherwise.

I don't have a problem with different opinions, ignorance, or opinion based arguments, I do have a growing issue with those who embrace their ignorance and refuse to seek out answers... I believe we've had at least one thread on that topic recently!

InsaneJester

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, cos a man would never do that. All men always formulate all of their own opinions completely independently. :rolleyes:

I apologize if it came across like I was trying to be anti-women, men do the same thing yes but the topic at hand was misconceptions about women.

And you've never had a guy scare you in a car? Ever? I've been scared by more men than women but I still give each driver the credit of being an individual.

No actually, I haven't. And I love how one comment taken the wrong way lands me in the same category as that guy when you check my history and Im not a woman basher. So thanks for having such a short memory, and editing out the part where I said I judge everyone on a case by case basis with no prejudice. The two months thing is because my first gf was a horrible driver so I instituted some informal rules cause I was a little scared that the only girl Id rode with was such an insane driver.

I see your shit as no different from the troll's - read Phil's response to him.

Dude's on my block list for stupidity

And yet you don't - you say yourself that based on previous experience you don't let women drive you. Which is true?

I said for the first two months, like an informal rule. Its not always exactly 2 months, just till I can get a feel. Did you also miss the 60% of women are good drivers part? One comment you perceive as negative and im slime, thanks for that, you're such a good judge. (SARCASM - I feel the need to flag it because you've missed it so obviously so far)

So I should ignore you for the idiotic stuff posted above?

If you take it as idiotic, thats your loss. I was responding to a topic truthfully based on my own experiences, guess I should just lie and kiss @$$ maybe that would make you happy

Yeah - I know this guy with this stupid belief that he shouldn't let women drive him because he dated 2 women who were bad drivers. Oh, wait - that was you!! :lmao:

Do you only read what you want to, seriously?

I highlighted it in bold, italics, underlined, and a different font color, hopefully you wont miss it this time.

Apparently women are just as likely to have misconceptions based on no factual evidence as anyone else.

Im not a big fan of people talking to hear themselves talk, and if you don't have some kind of backing to your opinions, well thats just as useful as the salesman at the car lot saying this car parks better, no basis in fact other than trying to get me to believe what he wants.

the majority of people have always been about as self aware as a dog turd. it's no new thing. that's how the holocaust happened. that's why egyptians worshipped kings as gods.

Im not saying others have to believe it because you back it up, just saying that I respect people who CAN back it up, even if I don't agree with you. I have friends that vote differently than me, good friends. But it doesn't come between us because we all recognize the other has a belief that they base in fact and real experiences, not repeating what their dad or history teacher told them the world was really like.