Women, Memory, and Aesthetics

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by B_blackkid, Sep 28, 2007.

1. B_blackkid

B_blackkid New Member

So women can remember partners from years ago with amazing clarity right and even physically react to the thoughts. I don't know why that is, but it astounds me, and since would be the place to ask I wish for you to sate my curiousity.

I'm naive though, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't use sarcasm. _-_''

But seriously, how can women remember, rank, and describe ( with little variation to the truth ) their partners, male or female, and how good at sex, kissing, or even just touching them?

2. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Yes I can remember all that - how can I remember it, I don't have a clue, I never even thought about it not being something both sexes were capable of and would have considered that men were able to remember it too.

3. B_Jennuine73

B_Jennuine73 New Member

I have no idea how I remember the details, but I do. I can remember how he kissed, how his hands felt, what we did, his size, everything.
    I do react physically to the memories as well.

Now that I think about it, I only get the physical reactions if we were good together. I'll remember specific details about what I didn't like about the experience as well.

Remembering things are much easier if you have a physical/tactile experience that goes with the memories. For example: Does the smell of fresh cut grass ever give you good feelings? The sound of children laughing, or even someone crying? A painting? That may be the reason it is easy for me to remember past lovers.

I don't know if this answered any questions, probably not, but I wanted to put my 2 cents worth.

4. snoozan

Gold Member

i pretty much agree with what everyone else has already said, but i don't think it's limited to women. if i close my eyes and think hard enough, i can see the place, smell the smells, everything. i can't exactly relive the experience because i don't have the sense of time in those memories as much as everything else, but everything in my life, not just sex, that's impacted me deeply i remember this well.

though, i have to say, human memory is pretty fluid and i know some things that we remember well and hold as true we may not be remember correctly. the most stunning example of this is when people remember "repressed memories" vividly and with great certainty and it turns out that those things never happened.

5. got_lost

Gold Member

I think the big difference is whether we were emotionally engaged in the experience.

One night stands might not be so well remembered as longer relationships, unless there was a real 'spark' there whereby the physical experience left an emotional mark.

Perhaps women engage emotionally more easily and more frequently than men and it is these emotional tags that enable us to remember the details?

6. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think a more accurate statement than the first one would be:

Some people can remember partners from years ago with amazing clarity right and even physically react to the thoughts.

That's something I can get behind. How some people remember details so well I cannot answer.

7. schllong

schllong New Member

By the way blackkid, 7.5 X 5.5 is NOT small. True it's not as big as some of the huge monsters at this website, but you are above the 85th percentile (i.e. your dick is bigger than 85% of the men out there). If you don't believe me, just click on this: Compare your cock - The Willy Visualiser

Enjoy!

8. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    I remember most if not all of the people I have shared even a kiss with or more. Obviously, I remember all my sexual partners most in great detail.

9. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I think you are on to something there, IknowKK. (this is just a generalization, and of course does not apply to everyone, but) Women generally do not have that "one night stand" mindset, even when they are having a one night stand. They generally have to have more than just a big cock to get them aroused. And their memory pathways are wired somewhat differently than men (as in, when giving driving directions, most women do the "landmark" thing, as in "drive past the Fairoaks Mall, then turn right just past the International Country Club entrance"; men, on the other hand, generally say "going west on Rt 50, go about 1.5 miles, turn right on Stringfellow Rd, then right on Rt 7100.")

Men, on the other hand, more often have the one-night stand mindset, and really notice little around them except the nice tits and the pussy. Their memory wiring tends to be a bit more linear, so the details off to the side aren't noticed as much.

But men, with their tendency toward emotional involvement in whatever football game happens to be on TV, can remember every play - while his girlfriend remembers that there was a game on, and maybe remembers that there was a cute guy in the stands near the 50 yard line.

True enough, love. There are exceptions to almost every rule, but really, women do tend to have better detail recall for sexual experiences. Funny thing, too, there's a little truth to the old TV stereotype of the woman getting mad at her husband on their 20th wedding anniversary, because he can't remember the dress she wore on their first date.

10. earllogjam

Gold Member

Would it be safe to assume that if you have very few sex partners and you have sex very infrequently that you are more likely to remember those experiences more vividly than a whore who has 6 johns a night?

11. got_lost

Gold Member

I don't know.... I am sure she remembers the big tippers!!! :wink:
    It depend what her 'emotional tag' was..... as a business woman I am sure she would remember what people liked, wanted, if she were to see them again, that is.... if th etip was crap and the experience crap... well, I;m sure she'd want to forget it!!

Hmmmm... or would she remember him too so she didn't make the same mistake again.... interesting... :rolleyes:

12. got_lost

Gold Member

LMAO!!!! That is so true.... regarding directions/instructions. If I followed your 'female' ones I'd get there... your 'male ones and I'd be gone for a week trying to find the blasted thing. WHOOSH!! It went straight over my head!! :biggrin1:

For the football too... I might remember more about the build and how good he looked in his shorts rather than where he was on the field at a a moment in time... but no recall of the game whatsoever.... apart from the final score, possibly.... :rolleyes::smile:

13. Osiris

Gold Member

I remember all of mine, but I also had some connection with my sex partners.

14. earllogjam

Gold Member

LOL. I think that at 6 guys a night she would be worn out to say the least. It all would be a blurr after the 4th guy. It is for me anyways.:tongue:

I don't think most prostitues enjoy sex with their clients in any emotional way so I would guess that they tend to forget all the details. It would be like remembering how you brushed your teeth in the morning.

15. got_lost

Gold Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Don't you remember how you brushed your teeth this morning?!?!?!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

16. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Emotional experiance is a big thing. I can remember fucking Brandon like it happened last night, but when I think about Andrew the memories are not so vivid. They were a month and a half apart, Brandon happened first. I had a deep 5 year emotional friendship with Brandon, he had shared his coming out to me and such. Andrew I had a relationship with over the internet.

17. B_blackkid

B_blackkid New Member

Amazing. I never knew there was such an interesting array of ideas out there on such a underspoken subject.

I guess I should posit something for the sake of arguement: I believe that women are more likely, due to their brain structure, to remember aesthetics much more than logistics; that is to say women are much better at remembering "How it felt" rather than the male "How it Calculated".

This might explain how men won't remember sex but can remember complex digits and have an incredible mathematical capability; and also why women might have problems with math and science but are much better at remembering sex.

OF course we could include that fact that women feel things along their skin two times better, and also are moreso emotional and intergrated into sex than males. That would be a biological fix used to keep promiscuity in the female population after pregnancy / child birth down so that the child won't be abandoned. For males the opposite is true; an orgasm is more of a "Calculated How it Happened" instead of a Personal and Emotional Sensation.

I'd assume, generally, women when they orgasm, or cannot orgasm, find it more often due to things outside of physical limitations ( if a woman doesn't like man A, but likes man B, and both A and B have the same traits etc. then the female will more than likely orgasm with B than A ) unlike males. Males can, due to extreme emotions, not orgasm, but even then it really takes quite a bit of some mental contortion to prevent said effect.

._.'

Regardless thank you everyone for your input; I am just that much smarter now! :D

18. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

A purported yoga master once told me that women were in some degree permanently imprinted with their experiences of their sexual partners.
    Men, on the other hand, were imprinted for only a month or so.
    He said that promiscuity left women confused about just whom they were with, when having sex.
    Men were supposed to be much less susceptible to this confusion.
    True? I have no idea.
    Just FWIW ...

19. B_blackkid

B_blackkid New Member

That's an interesting view; it would help identify the father of a child to imprint the memory forever. That and males, biologically, would have no reason to care for nearly as long.

20. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Wait? explain your reasoning behind that.

Draft saved Draft deleted