Women of LPSG, what drives you...

enormouslyaverage

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...to view a guy's profile on here? Or draws you to it, I guess I should say.

I ask because I have one female who has viewed my profile as of late and 15+ men today alone. I don't have an overly good picture to attract the eye, so I wonder why all the men are peeking and few women are intrigued in similar fashion.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Good question.

One theory is that women just aren't that visually stimulated. A big reason to click on a profile here is to see the images that come with the words. Of course, from your posts, a person can just go straight to the gallery, and you don't see those hits with member names.

Another thing, most of the regular real female posters here are here for the dialogue - they get that from your posts and don't have any need of your profile. You don't list gay / straight % in the side bar here so guys might be looking to see if you have anything in your profile to state whether you are gay or straight.

Not to mention that compared to male members (no pun intended), there aren't that many women here.

Generally speaking, you might get more hits from both men and women if you fill your profile out a bit more.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am unusual, I enjoy looking at photos of penises. I am definitely visual. I appreciate more artistic photos the most.

If a person browses photos via the gallery link, those people who view your gallery photos won't appear on the profile page as a visitor (I am right about this, right?) You may be getting more female viewers of those photos than you think you do.

enormouslyaverage

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not looking for views specifically, just curious as to the reasoning from a female's perspective behind which profiles are viewed and which ones aren't. Although, I certainly wouldn't oppose more females taking a gander, as opposed to middle-aged (more often than not) gay men haha.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Honestly, I very rarely look at anyone's profile based on forum activity. I don't find it necessary to know what someone looks like in order to interact with them. The exception is if someone's posts are so interesting to me that I'm interested in getting to know that person better, and we've begun talking via PM. Then I'll view that person's profile.

Also, if I'm in chat, I look up the profiles of the strangers who ask me questions. I think that's normal. If you know someone is curious about you, you want to know a little about who that person is.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i usually only click a profile to look up past posts or some other detail.

i might want to see a pic if i've been talking to them a lot, but i'm looking for a face not a todger. if it's just a todger then i'm always horribly disappointed. it's more about picturing who i'm talking to.

enormouslyaverage

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Heh. Dolfette, usually we don't see eye-to-eye by any stretch, but I just want to say that your signature is awesome. Put the 'pushers' of their penis in their place haha.

And, a face pic is a risky game on a site like this. Kudos to those with the kahonas to do that!!

Thanks for the insight though, ladies.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'll have a look at a profile if someone PMs me - to figure out who the fuck they are! If I don't know them from posts, or they don't have at least SOME info in their profile, I won't be replying to the PM.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If I see something interesting that someone is saying in a post on the forum, I may want to look at their profile. I am a very visual creature. If a man is talking about his penis in the relantionship section or his size etc etc, I might be inclined to look. Sometimes I'll even leave a comment. MOST of the time if I leave comments its because I was bored and flipping through the pictures. I may be one of the rare female members who enjoys the threads and the pictures. Sometimes I completely ignore the photos. And I have females on my page everyday I have noticed. Some of them are not females I speak with in the threads so I tend to wonder if they are female, but I have left comments on some of the female members photos as well.

If they leave a comment in my page or pm me,I'll check out theirs,also if i like their avatar for some reason ,if i like the pics on their gallery or if they just happen to visit my page.Oh and very important as well,like Embrace69 said if they ''post something intelligent on the forums''.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I go to the profiles of those who ask me to be friends, to see what sort of person they claim to be here at LPSG. I go to the profiles of those whose posts intrigue me, for clues about what lurks behind the statements. When I am in the mood to view penis I use random parameters and the search functions. I don't befriend people for their posted galleries though. I do not play favorites here. My favorites are in my offline life already.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sometimes I'll click on the profile then remember, "oh, dick pics, I forget" then close it right away. I have no idea what else I expected to see, but more often than not it's usually someone's wanger, and that's not what I came to see. I don't have one ounce of voyeur in me, so when I do see the pics it kind of creeps me out that I'm spying on someone. I know why y'all put them up, but I'm just not into that.

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For me, if the man is posting something intelligent, funny and insightful I will take a peek.

On occasion, I'll go to the gallery and say 'that's a great cock' and go look.

I'll also look at their profile if they've messaged me out of curiosity.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I also check out profiles when I get a friend request or pm. And sometimes a pm from someone I don't remember that well. I am totally fine with the dick pics - but I don't do a lot of browsing.

I will also check out profiles of people I think post interesting stuff. I like intelligent, funny people so I like to see what they say about themselves - the social groups etc. It gives me far better insight than a dick pic. And I also see women checking out my profile as well. Probably to see what I'm like, but so far no female friends :(

D_luiyg0214

Account Disabled
Media
I only look at profiles if I get a PM, visitor msg, or friend request. and thats it. I'm not on this site much is why. and since I took my pic down.. .I get none of those requests anymore. whoo hoo!

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The only time I usually visit a profile if it is of someone on my Friends list. I'm looking to see if they have new pics, or just looking to see them again.