Women on the prowl

B_Drake9

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When you ladies are out patrolling for that next playmate, what do you look for? I don't mean just clubbing, but where ever it is you go to try to find someone to hook up with. Club, gym, grocery store, movie theater, park, etc... Where ever. What is it about this person that made you set sights and move in.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When you ladies are out patrolling for that next playmate, what do you look for? I don't mean just clubbing, but where ever it is you go to try to find someone to hook up with. Club, gym, grocery store, movie theater, park, etc... Where ever. What is it about this person that made you set sights and move in.

Ahhh, I have never met a guy outside of a mutual friend. I'm normally pretty shy in a social situation so I'm not a prowler. I've actually had some guys tell me after they had met me that they wanted to talk to me but I was stand-offish or they didn't think they had a chance. Which that is not the case. I'm just nervous around guys in general and I never approach them. I normally hang out with whomever approaches me. I have a few friends like me and a few friends that will approach any guy they want, just because they want them. I realise that I would meet more people if I approached them but I don't. Especially not in a bar situation that my girlfriends have dragged me too. It takes about 5 minutes for me to want to leave, but I'm begged to stay and I seem to send out those flight or fight vibes because I hate being in places like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Hilda Headlamps

Experimental Member
Media
hmmm....I am more like the poster above: pretty shy actually in public. I am confident in myself, but I am usually not the type to walk up to someone and let them know that I am interested. Will make eye contact, may even move to their area. have said hi....Definitely more aggresive online. I guess that I am not in places where can pick up anyone alot. When gigging, I usually had hubby there scowling at anyone who looked at me. When he wasn't, the guys were usually a lot older, huge beergut, lots of facial hair...meh not my type. When I go to a club, usually have friends there that make it impossible to be picked up. I don't get to go out by myself much! Shoot...why am I telling you all of this?? YOu know my luck!!!

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You phrased the question like you are asking about one night stands. Most women don't do one night stands with strangers. Women just don't pick men up at the grocery store, the movie theater, the park, or the gym. Women very rarely ever do it.

The one time I had a one night stand with a stranger, I was definitely the one who made the first move. I think I was just curious what it would be like to do something like that, have a one night stand in Las Vegas, a sort of "once in a lifetime" sort of experience. I saw him in a bar and he was sitting alone. I watched him for a while and he seemed content to be alone. He didn't appear to be waiting on anyone and no one joined him. He was just enjoying the entertainment. He was older and attractive and well dressed in a suit, expensive overcoat and he was carrying with him an extremely expensive leather bag. I approached him with my glass of wine and I said that he appeared to be alone, like me, so I thought that we might sit together and keep one another company. Like me, he was not in Las Vegas on vacation, which was the reason he was alone. He was charming, well-educated, and pleasant to spend to time with. We talked for a long time, spent time together, and later that night I slept with him. I felt comfortable approaching him because he appeared moneyed, confident, laid back, and very comfortable with himself. He made me feel relaxed around him and safe.

If you're talking about more than a one night stand, women really don't prowl. Attractive women just don't need to prowl. We play defense until we're ready to be caught. When we want to be caught by you, then we let you succeed.

I don't consider myself to be a great beauty, but I've always got a lot more men interested in me than I could possibly ever be involved with, so I never need to prowl. I always have options. I imagine it's exactly the same for other women, too.

Last edited:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't think I've ever 'gone out on the prowl'. Despite what I said about sleeping with strangers in another thread, most of my sexual experiences have been with people I enjoyed hanging out with (even if I only hung out with them for a short time before I fucked them :) ).

What makes me set my sights on them?

I enjoy their company.
They are usually open about sex and what they like but not crude about it (kind of like the difference between politely sneaking glimpses of a woman's tits and staring with your tongue hanging out).
They respond well to what I like when it comes to sex (I know this coz usually I've been flirting with them for a while and I'm pretty open about what I like).

I also, like many women, have physical types that I find more appealing and some that I find a turn off.
Types I like best:
Type one: Average or shortish in height (is OK coz I'm really short - they aren't short to me), skinnyish, natural looking muscle, dark hair, dark eyes. My mum calls this type 'slum dwellers' - gee thanks mum!
Type two: Tall, blondish, natural looking muscle, not too skinny. This is my 'viking' type :)

What I don't like:
Guys with overly muscled or toned bodies.
Guys who are too interested in themselves. I can handle arrogance, but hate it when they seem to be obsessed with themselves.
Guys who aren't comfortable with the idea or themselves or me as sexual people.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think I was just curious what it would be like to do something like that, have a one night stand in Las Vegas, a sort of "once in a lifetime" sort of experience. I saw him in a bar and he was sitting alone...
I thought there was an understanding that what happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas... :wink:

lunette

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You phrased the question like you are asking about one night stands...

No, he phrased the question like he was asking a MAN! :tongue:

And even women who do have one night stands don't prowl for them, they just stand in one place for a minute.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
I've never gone on the prowl for a guy,i've never had to,though,in social settings i have guys come up to me as i am smiley,friendly and appear confidant.Quite the opposite is true if the guy is a hotty,i get abit shy and twiddle with my hair.

Though if was on the look out for a fella i'd look for a a gorgeous smile,tall as poss and buns of steel.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What is it about this person that made you set sights and move in.
With the current boyfriend, he started it, but I definitely took our relationship to the next level through my actions. I wanted him, I got him, so there was a bit of a challenge thing, but he also looks like Ed Kowalczyk and, you know... couldn't pass that up. :heart:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never been on the prowl, but I've often been on the "want." I mean, there have been times when I've been really single and didn't want to be single. I wanted to be on a date, but couldn't get a date to save my life. Sure, I could probably ask, but Mum always told me a lady never asks a man, so there was a 'loser' status attached to asking a guy out. Now I wouldn't think twice about it, if I weren't already married, that is.

But I think you will find a lot of attractive women spending the weekend at home because they were never asked because all of the available guys thought they we would already have a date. Well, guess again.

It's just the most frustrating thing. I was so happy when I was finally asked out that I wanted to marry the boy right away! And I was a junior in high school!

Prowl is a strange word to associate with women, I think. We usually target. We already have our eyes fixed on something, and we know we'll most likely get it one way or another! LOL! Chalk that one up to my husband. That's how he feels about it.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've never been on the prowl, but I've often been on the "want." I mean, there have been times when I've been really single and didn't want to be single. I wanted to be on a date, but couldn't get a date to save my life.

I have a hard time believing this! Surely not! Seriously, I doubt that true! You would have to not know any men in order for this to be true. Maybe you just didn't realize who was interested in you?

There have been times when the men who have been interested in me weren't men I'd be interested in, but there's never been a time when no one has been interested in me.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a hard time believing this! Surely not! Seriously, I doubt that true! You would have to not know any men in order for this to be true. Maybe you just didn't realize who was interested in you?

There have been times when the men who have been interested in me weren't men I'd be interested in, but there's never been a time when no one has been interested in me.

I agree with EllieP, I have been the same way. Either I'm in a relantionship or it seems like no one is interested.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Now I'm basically talking high school here. I rarely dated in high school. I thought I was unattractive. I just didn't get asked a lot. I wasn't intimidating or demanding. I just wanted to be asked out by a guy. Petite, maybe you're right and I didn't realize who was interested in me.

After I divorced I realized that I was an attractive person who could be in a relationship and was desirable. Still there were times that, like you, I wasn't interested in anyone who was interested in me. But I never let that stop me from having fun!

My divorce was like a grand reawakening. Like here I am, world! Watch out! I think that's when I got picky, when it should have been before I got married.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with EllieP, I have been the same way. Either I'm in a relantionship or it seems like no one is interested.

It just seems like that! Men whom I swear haven't shown absolutely any interest at all in me have told me me as soon as I've become single that they've carried a torch for me for years and have always thought that we'd be perfect together and they wanted us to give it a real chance. This has happened a few times. A lot of guys don't show any interest if you aren't available, but that doesn't mean they aren't interested.

Now I'm basically talking high school here. I rarely dated in high school. I thought I was unattractive. I just didn't get asked a lot. I wasn't intimidating or demanding. I just wanted to be asked out by a guy. Petite, maybe you're right and I didn't realize who was interested in me.

After I divorced I realized that I was an attractive person who could be in a relationship and was desirable. Still there were times that, like you, I wasn't interested in anyone who was interested in me. But I never let that stop me from having fun!

My divorce was like a grand reawakening. Like here I am, world! Watch out! I think that's when I got picky, when it should have been before I got married.

Oh! Well that makes more sense! I had the same boyfriend from my sophomore year until I was 20, so I really missed most of the teenage years when it came to boys. I'm really glad about that! I think most high school boys are too young and scared of rejection to be very proactive about asking girls out.