Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This question came up when I was noticing what normally is said in this forum and what a girl told me when we were having sex. She told me that when she was on top I was hurting her coz my penis was reaching her uterus(I think that is possible since I read many say about hitting the cervix). It felt like I was putting more inside her so I guess she was right and I was deeper than we were in missionary(is this what you say when the man is on top?). But I read in many posts here that when the woman is on top, it hurts less because she can control the depth of the penetration. I put some thought to it and ,according to this, the man should stay still while the girl makes all the work. That`s just not as fun as when you`re also moving your hips(BTW what do you call the movement of back and forth? pounding?). So next time she`s on top should I hold still even though I think that is a lil weird? What is the anatomical explanation for being deeper while the girl is on top(I guess it shouldn`t make any difference)? What about doggy style: does it goes deeper? If possible I would like to know the relationship between depth and sex position.

B_Carolina

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The position I've found to be most "iffy" for a girl is doggy. First of all, my dick doesn't have a lot of curve to it...but a girl can add curve by arching her back a bit.

Without being a physiological expert, this allows for a deeper penetration...so ask yourself, what might create more of a problem?

Missionary with a straight dick and straight back or doggy with a straight dick and a curved back?

Simply substitute girl-on-top for missionary and it's about the same thing...hence, I've gotten most talkback about me getting behind.

Reactions: BrazilianDude

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
I'll attempt to answer this one....

Sex is a "learned skill" over time and what works for one couple may not necessarily work for another.

Yes, the "missionary position" is the customary man-on-top way to go and the woman can vary the depth of his entry by just positioning her legs either straight out together, wide apart, or bringing her legs upward, bending at the knees. A pillow beneath her hips also adds to her comfort. Bottoming out (hitting the cervix) is not the most pleasant sensation for many women. Men measuring from six to seven inches and beyond in length seem to have this matter to consider more than others. The average LPSG man here (8 to 9 inches or better) will almost surely have to REALLY be careful to avoid hitting the cervix. A few around here have indeed reported having reached the uterus as well! It gets serious from that point sometimes.

The "woman on top" position is suggested often as a means to allow the woman to get used to her partner's size by allowing HER to grasp and introduce his member into her gradually at a pace most comfortable for her. It's also a position which seems to allow him to "hit her clitoris more effectively" to some degree. The man can "stay still, or wiggle his hips just a bit--whatever....(i.e. whatever works!) Men are cautioned though that injuries to the penis occur more often with women on top. Sudden unexpected moves (by either partner) have been known to cause penis fractures. Obviously, take it easy!

"Doggie style" (rear entry) has been said to be the "ideal human sexual position" and even has been said that it was the original INTENDED sexual position by some experts who study such things! "Doggie" seems to provide mutual pleasure for both partners and is often less demanding in expended, exerted energy. Doggie seems to provide a more "fluid, rhythmic movement" for the man to maintain as such. It also affords better overall stimulation for the woman's genitals using a "rear entry approach".

All the info above is generally true but each couple is different. Some of these positions however, may quite simply not be all that comfortable, or possible! (for physical reasons unique to the individual person).

Most couples who enjoy a good sex life typically use a variety of positions and do not adhere to just one exclusively for the most part. Again, it seems "whatever works best" for the individuals involved. There is no "standard" as such...just a knowledge of the basics---well practiced over time. Quite simply stated though, many of the larger size men like represented around this forum will simply have to be more careful (than average men) in using their full lengths regardless of which position they're trying. Their depth of entry will have to be monitored considerably, as well as their thrusting. It's one of the consequences of being "above average".

tenkiller: I find Woman on top to be uncomfortable for the woman because the distance from the bed to the tip of my dick is usually a lot longer than the distance from the bed under her knees to the far end of her vagina unless she is very tall. I don't like tall women.
My dick is already against her cervix and there is more dick left over. THEN when she dismounts it is like she needs a ladder or something to pull up and off with.

I like Missionary the best. It gives the best control of the situation and there is less of a chance of the penis getting bent by accident. I like to modify it by putting her feet on my chest. That way she can help control how deep I go by pushing me up with her feet. There is still eye contact, you can see what is going on and you can still kiss. Also you can pull a foot up and kiss on it if you like.

OhCanada

1st Like
Media
I have found that Doggie style seems to go the deepest, I have to be very careful not to go past 3/4 of the way in or it becomes painful for her. However when she is on top, she can take it a little past that point because she can relax because she is in control.

VladtheImpaler: In my own experience, women are very reluctant to be on top of me because, as one said "it goes too far in". Even missionary is painful, usually. Rear entry seems to work best for me. I really think it depends on the size of the vagina as well as penis size; that is, are the two compatible? Size queens need big cocks, but most women like something smaller, unless they are in a very horny mood.

pervasiveone

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have to agree with Geo.. .My first time was with the girl on top. She had an idea of the size she was working with (she was somewhat experienced). At the point when she got on top she sharted by squating per say... slowly guiding the head in.... letting it sit for a second.. and then slowly lowering herself down. I do remember seeing the look on her face and hearing her breathing change as it went in. I don't if it was painful or not, but if it was it soon gave into pleasure. After a few minutes and very slow lowering I was all the way in.

;)

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
my thoughts are to just ask her how she likes it best. Since it sounds like it varies someone from woman to woman, only she would be able to tell you what's best.

As a side note, I've also heard that doggy style allows for the deepest penetration. That's when my hubby comes the closest to hurting me during sex if we get a little too wild.

average Joe

Just Browsing
Media
I think my wife is pretty open with sexual experiences in our marriage even though she was a virgin when we married and was kind of sexually naive. I am the only man she has ever seen naked for crying out loud.

In our case, we try every position we can think of. From experience, she enjoys missionary the best. She likes to kiss and be able to move her legs around. I like it too as I like to play with her feet while her legs are in the air (love those heels).

We spoon. She likes this also as it is a "cuddle" position. It is fun too for me as all the places that make her goosebumpy are within reach. WOOHOO.

Doggy style... which we both love. But, (or butt?) even at my length I have to be careful if I am thrusting to hard I will hit her cervix. (she is small) Not a pleasent reaction! I love to watch as my penis disappears into her in this position. She says she loves the feel of my balls bumping her mound in doggy style.

Here is one I love but we never do as it is very uncomfortable for her for some reason. She lies on her side and I am on my knees. Lifting her leg next to my chest-neck and stradling the other while I penetrate her. GOD I love that! She says it hurts though. Not her leg or hip... just her vagina. It is the same penis in the same vagina just 90 degrees different position... WHAT GIVES? But she did like the feel of my balls on her leg when we used to do it.

Woman on top. She enjoys the control of tempo. I enjoy boucing boobies! Whats not to like!?

Anal: neither of us are interested in this. It simply has no appeal for us. I worship the woman as a goddess but just don't feel the need to take a trip up the old dirt road when I can enjoy a romp in the high grass... if you know what I mean bwaahahahaha.

Oral: well, she does not like this either. It makes her jaws ache and does little good on my shaft as her teeth rub. Who does not like a good hummer though. Goodness gracious I wish her mouth was a little larger! Oh well. I like to give to her though and while I do she squeezes my penis and balls.

Hand jobs / fingering are a favorite. pushing, grinding, rubbing, bumping. . . Hell, ALLLL the "ings". Cumming on her is a FANTASTIC erotic experience. Best part is she does not find it remotely gross. I like her to lay with her pussy on my stomach so I can finger her. She communicates what she needs so I can adjust for her and when she is about to climax she grinds her pubic mound into my stomach and waist. I LOVE TO WATCH HER CUM. Her toes curl, legs shake, back stiffens, and hands clinch. Whats not to love!

Toys: we do not have anything that penetrates. She is not interested in a dildo or vibrator to "ride". We could not even tell you average length or circumference of a vibrator or dildo is. BUT, she has a massager that she likes that stimulates her clitoris while I finger her. She says she does not use it without me and I have no reason not to believe her. Frankly, I wish she would. It would make my day to have her call me at work and hear that thing humming in the background! Then I could concentrate on a different type of speadsheet for awhile!

Wow, I rambled a bit there. Sorry about that!

average Joe

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by benderten2001@Jul 28 2004, 06:32 AM

"Doggie style" (rear entry) has been said to be the "ideal human sexual position" and even has been said that it was the original INTENDED sexual position by some experts who study such things! "Doggie" seems to provide mutual pleasure for both partners and is often less demanding in expended, exerted energy. Doggie seems to provide a more "fluid, rhythmic movement" for the man to maintain as such. It also affords better overall stimulation for the woman's genitals using a "rear entry approach".

My favorite thing about doggy style is that it allows my frenulum, the most sensitive area, to rub her gspot. That little rough spot in there is great.

Maybe it's just me, but while doggy style is considered a deep penetration position, I feel like I have more control and can more accurately gauge just how deep I can go without boxing her cervix.

The face-to-face nature of missionary style seems more intimate and romantic than most other positions. And I've noticed a trend that when you do it for the first time with a girl who really seriously likes you (as opposed to first time in a casual sex or one-nighter encounter...), the girl almost always wants to start out in missionary position.

A variation of the girl-on-top position that I like a lot is with both parties sitting upright, the girl in the man's lap. That's even more intimate than missionary, and there's lots of titties rubbing my face and chest. And my unit doesn't seem quite so impossibly long when I sit up, allowing her to relax a little more without fear of getting her cervix impaled.

ShadyT82: To be honest in my own experience, the missionary style usually works best along with woman on top. Although in either position I have never been able to go in as deep as I would like. Doggy as much as I like is a definite no no for me here because just about every woman I have been with is always complaining it hurts too much....there have only been a few select who seem to enjoy themselves with me. Just my two cents though

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
From what I understand, if she's sitting on your penis with her trunk perpendicular to yours, it can be dangerous; otherwise, it's generally not.

@benderten:
Most mammals do it "doggystyle"; a few other primates have ventral-ventral mating, including bonobos and (occasionally) gorillas. There hasn't been much written wrt sexual positions cross-culturally; for one thing, most informants don't talk of such things. (That being said, I've seen anthropologists who think of Indian homes as a type of reality TV.) Personally, I've found it a useful position, but my motto wrt sex is Vive la difference

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Jul 31 2004, 11:40 PM
my thoughts are to just ask her how she likes it best. Since it sounds like it varies someone from woman to woman, only she would be able to tell you what's best.

As a side note, I've also heard that doggy style allows for the deepest penetration. That's when my hubby comes the closest to hurting me during sex if we get a little too wild.
I think Ms. Texass got it right here- ask her what feels best to her. I think the positioning in doggy actuallyallows for shallower penetration, which is why women feel their man "deeper" than they are used to, but everyone's body is different, so it's really important to know your partner. I think missionary allows the most roominess in the vagina, but maybe that's just for me.

thingsteal: Every cervix I've hit has been from doing it "doggy style"

The women I've been with find it more comfortable when they're on top and in control. I like it too.