women serious question...make-up: big dick attracter or insecurity cover up?

the_1homie

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
basically my view of make up makes women look better by covering up pimples or marks but my question is is it to attract people and become desirable or is it to cover up something on the face your insecure about? no disrespect meant its just a man trying to understand women and how they work all thoughts appreciated

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It can be for a variety of reasons depending on the woman, personally I'm so pale if I don't have a little make up on I look like a vampire, but I don't worry about going out without make up on. It's not really to hide insecurities in most cases, it's just a normal part of our grooming, men shave so they look their best (or don't shave in some cases) we stick a bit of slap on. It's really something I haven't thought overmuch about, and I must admit I do like the whole ritual of putting make up on.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
basically my view of make up makes women look better by covering up pimples or marks but my question is is it to attract people and become desirable or is it to cover up something on the face your insecure about? no disrespect meant its just a man trying to understand women and how they work all thoughts appreciated[/

I think would be better if woman dont wear make up. That way we can know for sure what ladies are really attractive. i have seen some hot girls without make up and boy that is really dissapointing

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good question.

My mom scared me away from lipstick. (What she looked like without it...)
And my older sister scared me away from "face paint".

I color/do my lashes once a month because it makes my eyes really "pop" (and I like the look), and I rarely wear anything else unless I want to look "vavoom" for "look at me!" purposes.

However, if my skin is having a break out, I do get insecure, and I will cover it up. Fortunately, it doesn't happen that often.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Funnily enough I steer away from lipstick too, I know for lots of us it's the most important item of make up but I rarely use it, only if I'm going out and it's somewhere really special.

Mascara is my necessary make up item.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't wear face make-up. I wear eyeshadow and mascara to enhance my eyes. I don't wear blush because my cheeks are naturally rosy. I wear a natural shade of lipstick or a clear balm.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My normal make up if I'm just going out to the pub or whatever is brown eyeshadow, sometimes a dark mossy green for a change which looks similar to brown when on, and mascara but I still occasionally mess around with make up like I did when I was 15.

Don't you just hate that hotmilf, nature wasn't fair when men got the good eyelashes - still we got the multiple orgasm to even things up :)

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL -- yeah, SP, but men got the spacial awareness... which is why they *cough* don't need to ask for directions!

- - - - -

Mr. Tall/Big -- there are a lot of women who don't wear much make up, if any at all.

There is a big difference between men/women, in that mens eyebrows/lashes are thicker and more defined. Women's lashes/brows are a lot softer and not as vivid, so we use make up to... well, make up for it.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL -- yeah, SP, but men got the spacial awareness... which is why they *cough* don't need to ask for directions!

- - - - -

Mr. Tall/Big -- there are a lot of women who don't wear much make up, if any at all.

There is a big difference between men/women, in that mens eyebrows/lashes are thicker and more defined. Women's lashes/brows are a lot softer and not as vivid, so we use make up to... well, make up for it.

hotmilf you look stunning , after seeing your pics i say in my opinion that you are a very hot girl iam sure you you will look pretty without make up

johnlucas-1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

- - - - -

There's a reason for that.
You may also notice that men's nails grow longer and thicker too, right? Without a bunch of additives and aids that women tend to use.
Men's hair also grows longer than women's.

Men grow stronger exo-skin appendages than women. Hair follicles, fingernails, all that.
Men NEVER have to put on all this nail strengthener on their nails to get them grow without breaking. You never see that do you?
I see women all the time dabbing on all this goop to make their nails grow stronger when me myself my nails grow before I even realize it and my "claws" begin to get in the way.
Women would KILL for the fingernails I and other men have. The best way to get nails to grow is to forget about them. I clip my nails and don't think about it a second after and before I know it they're claws again getting in the way. I'm like "Didn't I just cut these things??"

Women putting on press-on nails and stuff. Men never have to do that because our nails tend to grow stronger naturally.
The same goes for hair. Men don't usually put a bunch of goop in their hair to make it grow stronger or all this outside of shampoo to clean it. Women make a big production out of it with all of this artifice and rig-up to get the perfect hair. Men just cut it and then forget about it. Outside of incidences of male pattern baldness our hair just comes back strong as ever. It might have to do with testosterone and other hormones strong in the male, I don't know.

Isn't it ironic that women seek to emulate features strongest in the male to appear more feminine? History will show you how much of our cultural practices are truly strange and temporal in a fashion sense.

Also make-up is modernly a female mask. Used to hide insecurities or put on an image that they hope to attract with. It's not really that good for the skin. I really wish more women would wear less makeup, honestly. I'm not here to date Bozo the Clown. Hahahahaha!

John Lucas

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wouldn't kill for your fingernails John Lucas, Fu Manchu or those people in the Guinness Book of Records are the only men I've seen with nails that are longer than mine. On the subject of male hair I've noticed that when men do have long hair it's quite often tatty and full of split ends, it just doesn't have the gloss and thickness of the average woman's hair - there are exceptions but they're rare.

juice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My fiancee hates it because I have really really long eyelashes...I have to be careful with my glasses because they often touch and it can get infected.

Though, I have to say, I will be concieted.

I have good hair. It's very curly, but I take very good care of it. My fiancee laughs because I use more product that ANYONE she knows...but hell, I'm vain.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wear makeup usually but I don't overdo it. (The Tammy Faye look is NOT attractive!). I have sometimes gone to work without makeup simply because I couldn't wake up in time to put any on! :biggrin1:

I used to not wear makeup at all (didn't want to fool with it) except on special occasions. But then I started wearing it more as well as buying more flattering clothes rather than being mostly concerned with comfort. I still don't want terribly uncomfortable clothes but I go for a different style now than I used to. (although I often still have to wear my older clothes too because I don't have that many of the flattering ones due to my low income these days...)

I guess I was getting tired of the lack of attention I was getting. I still don't get all that much attention though. But at least I try. And oddly enough, one time recently I did get some attention (just of being noticed and recognized, not "hit on" or anything), I was wearing no makeup and was wearing my old clothes! :eek:

johnlucas-1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wear makeup usually but I don't overdo it. (The Tammy Faye look is NOT attractive!). I have sometimes gone to work without makeup simply because I couldn't wake up in time to put any on! :biggrin1:

I used to not wear makeup at all (didn't want to fool with it) except on special occasions. But then I started wearing it more as well as buying more flattering clothes rather than being mostly concerned with comfort. I still don't want terribly uncomfortable clothes but I go for a different style now than I used to. (although I often still have to wear my older clothes too because I don't have that many of the flattering ones due to my low income these days...)

I guess I was getting tired of the lack of attention I was getting. I still don't get all that much attention though. But at least I try. And oddly enough, one time recently I did get some attention (just of being noticed and recognized, not "hit on" or anything), I was wearing no makeup and was wearing my old clothes! :eek:

You might be surprised, whatireallywant, but men don't always like all that makeup. Women do a lot of stuff thinking men like that men could care less about.
You buy a bunch of fancy different colored droz and most times men just like those plain ol' cotton tighty whities.
We'll say "that's nice" but it ain't all that important if that, trust me.

John Lucas

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ok, makeup...
Chick I knew from a bar, hadn't seen her "dressed down" before.
She was one of the "hot chicks" at the bar, all face-icing and all. Saw her in the jeans, T-Shirt, w/o the makeup.. and FUUUCK.. she's a girl who should NOT wear makeup... She also went apeshit on me when I told her she looked MUCH better w/o the accessories/makeup. Ah well, so much for being honest.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Men NEVER have to put on all this nail strengthener on their nails to get them grow without breaking. You never see that do you?
The same goes for hair. Men don't usually put a bunch of goop in their hair to make it grow stronger or all this outside of shampoo to clean it. Women make a big production out of it with all of this artifice and rig-up to get the perfect hair. Men just cut it and then forget about it. Outside of incidences of male pattern baldness our hair just comes back strong as ever. It might have to do with testosterone and other hormones strong in the male, I don't know.

I don't know. I know dudes whose nails peel, and if more dudes actuallylet their nails grow long, more dudes would have problems with chipping. My nails are very, very strong, until they reach a certain length. Fortunately, i don't desire long nails. Corporate or "sport" length is ideal to me. I like the look of a french manicure, and so that is what I do.

Most men's hair that I've touched has been really awful. Please use conditioner. Just using shampoo is a crappy idea. Most of the men I've known with long hair asked a woman how to grow it that way. The ones who didn't had spilt ends, flyaways, dandruff, the strands felt weak and britttle, and most of all very, very dry. My dude's in the military and keeps his hair short (though it does grow exponentially faster than mine). But when we first met, his hair felt awful to the touch, even though it looked beautiful (shiny, thick). After we began showering together, I found out why. No conditioner. Another dude I dated had hair that looked as dry and gross as it felt. he actually used Ivory soap to wash his hair! Yikes! I got both of these men using conditioner, as well as several other exes with hair in varied states of crisis. I hate to keep disagreeing with you about everything, but I'm gonna do it again!

Isn't it ironic that women seek to emulate features strongest in the male to appear more feminine? History will show you how much of our cultural practices are truly strange and temporal in a fashion sense.

This is true of high heels, which were first for men.

Also make-up is modernly a female mask. Used to hide insecurities or put on an image that they hope to attract with. It's not really that good for the skin. I really wish more women would wear less makeup, honestly. I'm not here to date Bozo the Clown. Hahahahaha!

I wear it for myself. I love everything about my cosmetics from the way they smell to the process of removal. I used to sell make up, and I used to be upheld to the other women as our version of "a natural beauty". Usually, unless I've had to hurry, you'd never guess that I wear concealer, powder base, eyebrow pencil (after shaving a portion of my eyebrows) two shades of blush, four shades of eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lip liner, lipstick, and lip gloss. Of course, I don't wear all those items every day, but many days I do. And my make up is very nourishing and good for my skin. Not the mascara. The mascara is not good for my eyelashes at all. Other than that though, it's good for the skin. Of course, I don't buy 99 cent products.

Ok, makeup...
Chick I knew from a bar, hadn't seen her "dressed down" before.
She was one of the "hot chicks" at the bar, all face-icing and all. Saw her in the jeans, T-Shirt, w/o the makeup.. and FUUUCK.. she's a girl who should NOT wear makeup... She also went apeshit on me when I told her she looked MUCH better w/o the accessories/makeup. Ah well, so much for being honest.

I would have told you off too. Odds are, her make up and accesories are not for you, but for her. Mind your business. :tongue:

I remember I was putting on make up in my friends car while waiting for her to run some errand or other. I was puttingg on concealer, eyeliner, mascara, and clear lip gloss. This is my minimum. Some dude came up to the car and told me something along the lines of women enhancing the make up instead of the other way around, or something like that. I smiled and went back to what I was doing. He kept trying to get me to stop applying make up. (What would he have said if I were home, with good light putting on the full works?) I began to ignore him, annoyed that he was intruding on a ritual I find soothing and energizing. he was very attractive, and he tried to flirt, but I was happier by myself, playing with my eyelash curler, waiting for my eyeliner to dry.

I was resentful. I felt like he was trying to change me. I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly ho your bar acquaintance felt.