women serious question...make-up: big dick attracter or insecurity cover up?

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When men say they don't like a lot of make up they seem to mean they don't like knowing you're wearing a lot of make up, I've seen women who I know are wearing foundation cream, blusher, concealer, several shades of eyeshadow, eyebrow pencil, mascara, the full works, but because it's well applied men didn't even know.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When men say they don't like a lot of make up they seem to mean they don't like knowing you're wearing a lot of make up, I've seen women who I know are wearing foundation cream, blusher, concealer, several shades of eyeshadow, eyebrow pencil, mascara, the full works, but because it's well applied men didn't even know.

I think that's true. I wear it but it doesn't look like I'm wearing a lot of it (and I don't wear a lot of it, for that matter). It's just to subtly enhance, not completely change my looks or anything.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Im one of those chicks who couldn't survive without make up, it really is my best friend. And as much as i like the 'natural' look im going to play with colour whilst im still young enough to get away with it.

But make up for me is probably a cover-up to make myself feel better and less insecure and if i get a little attention as well the great, but NO, im not out to impress

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if someday woman dont wear make up most guys will be surprised.

most hot chicks arent really hot without make up . guys search in celebrities without make up to get a glimpse of what i mean . Of COURSE THAT DAY WILL NEVER COME

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I was growing up and in high school I used to get teased when I didn't wear make-up. It was what everybody else was doing so I did the make-up thing. I fell into that old routine of wearing make-up everyday. This lasted until I graduated college..... met and married my husband (who just happened to be a nudist and he prefers evereything "all natural".

I still like wearing make-up. It makes me feel good about myself. I have been told that I look good with make-up on. (Not by my husband though) So, for the most part I don't wear make-up anymore. Except lipstick. I like to wear different colors (shades) of lipstick. The only time I put on make-up is if I am going out with my lady friends doing a ladies night out. Or I am going to a party. If all the other ladies have on make-up and I don't it makes me feel like I don't fit in.

I like it all. Dressing up and putting on make-up just makes me feel like a kid again. I like themed costume parties too.

I like wearing make-up because it is something different for me and it makes me feel good about myself. I am sure if it didn't make other ladies feel good about theirself they wouldn't wear it either.

FunLovin.1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My face is always pale, so i use some make-up, at times i admit i use too much but i don't care :)

thebigO

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a female I don't wear a whole lot of makeup - some mascara and lip gloss. I'm still young and great looking to not need makeup. I can only say this, there are some women who wear makeup just to attract males, then there are some women who wear a little makeup for themselves. Hope that answers your question.

johnlucas-1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok, makeup...
Chick I knew from a bar, hadn't seen her "dressed down" before.
She was one of the "hot chicks" at the bar, all face-icing and all. Saw her in the jeans, T-Shirt, w/o the makeup.. and FUUUCK.. she's a girl who should NOT wear makeup... She also went apeshit on me when I told her she looked MUCH better w/o the accessories/makeup. Ah well, so much for being honest.

See all the responses to all this? Men are straight telling women what many of us respond to and still women think it's a big deal to have all that makeup.
Men may like you with makeup on but you MIGHT be surprised that men may like you MORE without it.

Oh well. Seems the sexes are born to live in miscommunication. :redface:
John Lucas

P.S.: And that "I wear for it me, I do it for me" line I do NOT buy. I just think people don't realize the underlying reasons why they do things. Anytime a male or a female does superfluous things with appearance it IS in order to attract. If you didn't care about how others see you, you really wouldn't go through all the effort. Doesn't mean you wanna sleep with everybody just that you want to show the potential for attracting. To know that you can. To keep options open. Why do girls always eyebrow pluck? Taking eyebrows away makes it easier for dirt and contaminants to get in the eyes. Not a smart thing to do. Women do that to make a certain look that they think will attract.
Though after awhile people do it so long they forget the root reason and then it becomes habit which is why old women in their 80s still wear makeup and wigs sometimes. Outside of the guys who go for grannies, they are most likely not going to attract on looks.
You feel better about yourself because the potential to attract is an ego boost.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We're well aware that a lot of men say they prefer women without make up, therefore the fact that we wear it indicates it's for ourselves not to attract men.

i agree that most woman wear more to themselfs than to atrack men but i think that natural beauty in girls is way hotter .

johnlucas-1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We're well aware that a lot of men say they prefer women without make up, therefore the fact that we wear it indicates it's for ourselves not to attract men.

Hahahahaha!
So you wear it to attract women? :tongue:
Make-up is a mask and most likely has no health beneficial properties. Unlike wearing lotions or cold creams and stuff like that it serves no hygienic purposes. In fact it aggravates the hygiene of the skin.

War paint is used for marking purposes, intimidation; pro wrestlers use facepaint for similar reasons—a way to stand out and make a distinct impressionable-to-audience character; certain tribes use paint for ritualistic purposes in ceremonies and such.

But make-up in this context, outside of auxillary uses as to appear differently (play dress-up) and feel like another persona, is primarily used to attract. Problem is somehow in this long tradition people have forgotten its true purpose. Sort of like why do men wear ties? Nobody needs to wear ties anymore, they have buttons now. But people continue deriving benefits from the item's auxillary effects forgetting the whole original purpose for the item.

High heels are meant to make a woman's backside stick out as an attracting mechanism. But now women wear them "for the feel". Same thing goes for corsets which were designed to make the waist look smaller for attracting purposes. Some women now like wearing corsets "for the feel".

Sometimes the original message gets lost in the tradition.
John Lucas

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hahahahaha!
So you wear it to attract women? :tongue:
Make-up is a mask and most likely has no health beneficial properties. Unlike wearing lotions or cold creams and stuff like that it serves no hygienic purposes. In fact it aggravates the hygiene of the skin.

Some women wear make-up to make themselves feel better (maybe they have scars or dark circles) and I would call that a psychological benefit to wearing make-up. Today, there are natural mineral make-up formulations which are actually beneficial to women with skin issues.

You asked why men wear ties and why women wear heels?
Men wear ties so that I and other women such as myself who think suits are sexy on a man can rip them off and tie him up with them!:tongue:
I wear stilettos because they are HOT and showcase my legs!:biggrin1:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's not always about men john lucas, we're women, we like pretty things, corsets are pretty, high heels are pretty, make up in itself is pretty, all those little jars, little tubes.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
basically my view of make up makes women look better by covering up pimples or marks but my question is, is it to attract people and become desirable, or is it to cover up something on the face your insecure about? no disrespect meant its just a man trying to understand women and how they work all thoughts appreciated
For me it's neither. It's because I like feeling good about me.

Many women watch tv and read magazines and see the women men like you drool over. My current avatar is from April 2005. I do have a few acne blemishes but I don't normally worry about concealing them. I never leave the house without mascara and lipstick or at least lip gloss.

I think it would be better if woman don't wear make up. That way we can know for sure what ladies are really attractive. i have seen some hot girls without make up and boy that is really dissapointing wearing makeup should be illegal :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:
I wish someone would invent a purse sized lie detector. It should work like a radar detector so that when men like you lie to us, a buzzer or vibration would be emitted. That way wouldn't waste months and years of our time on a man who has no intention of committing

On the subject of male hair I've noticed that when men do have long hair it's quite often tatty and full of split ends, it just doesn't have the gloss and thickness of the average woman's hair - there are exceptions but they're rare.
I find that more, with guys that have straight or slightly wavy hair. Men with curly hair learn early on they need conditioner to make their tresses easy to comb. Hence they usually have a nice sheen and fewer split ends.

My fiancee hates it because I have really really long eyelashes...I have to be careful with my glasses because they often touch and it can get infected. Infected!?:eek: Dude! Clean your glasses.
Though, I have to say, I will be conceited. I have good hair. It's very curly, but I take very good care of it. My fiancee laughs because I use more product that ANYONE she knows...but hell, I'm vain.
Now I'm curious, you need to post a pic of this glorious mane. :wink:

When men say they don't like a lot of make up they seem to mean they don't like knowing you're wearing a lot of make up, Exactly! I've seen women who I know are wearing foundation cream, blusher, concealer, several shades of eyeshadow, eyebrow pencil, mascara, the full works, but because it's well applied men didn't even know.
Most women are quite adept at the almost invisible application of makeup.

i agree that most woman wear more to themselfs than to atrack men but i think that natural beauty in girls is way hotter.
Yeah, right! :rolleyes::mad: Lots of men say that but the second the "hot chick" goes natural you lose interest because she lacks a certain je ne sais quois.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For me it's neither. It's because I like feeling good about me.

Many women watch tv and read magazines and see the women men like you drool over. My current avatar is from April 2005. I do have a few acne blemishes but I don't normally worry about concealing them. I never leave the house without mascara and lipstick or at least lip gloss.

I wish someone would invent a purse sized lie detector. It should work like a radar detector so that when men like you lie to us, a buzzer or vibration would be emitted. That way wouldn't waste months and years of our time on a man who has no intention of committing

I find that more, with guys that have straight or slightly wavy hair. Men with curly hair learn early on they need conditioner to make their tresses easy to comb. Hence they usually have a nice sheen and fewer split ends.

Now I'm curious, you need to post a pic of this glorious mane. :wink:

Most women are quite adept at the almost invisible application of makeup.

Yeah, right! :rolleyes::mad: Lots of men say that but the second the "hot chick" goes natural you lose interest because she lacks a certain je ne sais quois.

And some of us are not "hotties" and we know it, sadly... I desperately try to become a "hottie" but I have neither the face nor the body for it...

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media

Actually i see it more as a "Does my ass look big in this" kind of situation. Of course men aren't going to admit to their woman they are less attractive without a bit of make up.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually i see it more as a "Does my ass look big in this" kind of situation. Of course men aren't going to admit to their woman they are less attractive without a bit of make up.

That could very well be true!

I don't have much to work with naturally and even with a bit of makeup it's not much, but it's the best I can do, unfortunately...