women serious question...make-up: big dick attracter or insecurity cover up?

big_tits4big_dicks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Evening makeup? There are different types of makeup for different times of day?:frown1:

Hahaha, yes. During the day makeup should be light, and make you look pretty. I do wear red during the day sometimes. Mostly dark colors, lots of eyeliner, glitter, more dramatic stuff is for evening and getting glamorous. It's just like, you wouldn't wear a beaded cocktail dress to go grocery shopping. Makeup is the same way.

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hahaha, yes. During the day makeup should be light, and make you look pretty. I do wear red during the day sometimes. Mostly dark colors, lots of eyeliner, glitter, more dramatic stuff is for evening and getting glamorous. It's just like, you wouldn't wear a beaded cocktail dress to go grocery shopping. Makeup is the same way.

Hmm ok. Well, what about eyeliner? Are there guidelines about that? I've noticed it looks universally bad when applied all around the eye. Why do girls wear that?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Not "type" of makeup, it's how you apply it. Makeup that you should wear to work should look more natural and the colors should be muted. You are supposed to reserve more sultry looks and things like really red lipstick for the evening.

Makeup for the professional woman at work.

Evening makeup.

Hmm...Wouldn't sultry vary based on skin color? I mean, for someone with extremely dark skin, the kind of red lipstick that looks good on Angelina Jolie would look unsettling...

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmm...Wouldn't sultry vary based on skin color? I mean, for someone with extremely dark skin, the kind of red lipstick that looks good on Angelina Jolie would look unsettling...

Oh for god's sake, I didn't say that women have to put on red lipstick in the evening, just that it's an evening look. And obviously from that photo, there are different shades of red that look good on different skin tones anyway! Or did you not notice that all three actresses have different colored skin? :rolleyes:

You are just being needlessly argumentative today.

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh for god's sake, I didn't say that women have to put on red lipstick in the evening, just that it's an evening look. And obviously from that photo, there are different shades of red that look good on different skin tones anyway! Or did you not notice that all three actresses have different colored skin? :rolleyes:

You are just being needlessly argumentative today.

I'm just trying to learn about something I didn't know. You can't learn without asking questions. I figured there was just the standard "makeup," but big_tits explained differences of application throughout the day. I asked about the skin thing because I've seen colors other than red for "evening" lipstick - gold, purple, etc. Just curious as to whether there was actually some unwritten convention or whether there are conventions between different races.

Personally all i wear is eyeliner to bring out my eyes('cause i think they're really pretty) lol,plain old lip balm and i carry some powder in case i get shiny,some girls simply just LOVE make-up and that's absolutely fine,and there's also other girls that use it to cover up something they don't like,so i guess there are just many answers to your question.

hoggindaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i figured out the real reason why women wear makeup, its a pure competition thing between women thats why chicks always check each other out and talk shit about each other, "omg baby look, what is she wearing? omg does she think that looks good? blabla...". there has to be a limit put somewhere tho, my gf takes HOURS literally to get ready to just go catch a movie and its ridiculous.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Makeup is a fashion and a cultural thing. In some periods of history men wore it too. On stage or on camera, both sexes wear it.

I could never find anything light enough for my complexion, and having grown up in sauna culture I had learned to value the feeling of clean pores anyway. So i skipped makeup except when I was in a play. I learned to make myself look healthy or like an old hag or like a trashy slut or an anemic lunatic with makeup, but in my real life I would rather not clog up my face. Even sunblock is so greasy!

D_Barbi_Dahl

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love make up. I love putting it on and how it looks on me. I do it for me. I keep it fairly natural looking during the day except lipstick. With my coloring I wear a lot of brown, wine colored warm tones.

When I'm seeing a guy, he sees me without make up and I've been told I look pretty without it.

I do it to cover blemishes. I despise having big red blotchy things on my face.

My fav make up items are mascara, as I have light eyelashes, lipstick/gloss and powder. I'm not a fan of having a shiny face.

I've dated guys who don't like to kiss me while I'm wearing lipstick/gloss/chapstick. So I have gone without for them.

I do leave the house without make up. I think I look fine. But again, I'm just girly I guess about loving make up.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I use make-up to enhance my features, not disguise or hide them. Ok, maybe a little concealer on a blemish. And I regularly go out without make up-when I'm not working. I don't look that different - just less "finished".

Evening make-up is fun! More colour, more drama. And make-up actually does make me feel more confident. It's like wearly freshly pressed clothing or a favourite outfit.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's funny how often the idea of starting a thread about cosmetics has occurred to me, but for whatever reason have never done so: guess a search could have eliminated the question :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't "get" cosmetics. To me, it's something sold to women who have been raised from birth that they are not good enough the way they were born. My mother would never dream of leaving the house without, as she put it, "putting [her] face on", and it was a lengthy and occasionally painful process. But even at the height of the 60s, she never went to the extremes I see around town here in SoFla.

I used to work for a woman who was smart, attractive and very toned due to having been first an aerobics instructor then a yoga instructor (plus maintaining a strict high-protein, low-fat diet). Her usual work outfit consisted of something Lycra under something billowy like cotton or linen (substituting wool in cold weather). She was frequently barefoot unless she padded around in socks: she never wore shoes. It was her store and she worked in an office all day.

She never wore make up. I was very used to seeing her completely plain (unpainted) face covered with freckles, her naturally pale lips and gray eyes left as-is. Her hair was in one of those wash-and-go cuts that was medium-short and extremely low maintenance, her nails were short and matte. Her accessories (when she wore any at all), were extremely understated and she never smelled of anything in particular.

Then, just once, she had a meeting with some investors downtown. She wore a tight-fitting suit of some elasticized material, a camisole underneath, hose and heels (!!); her face was transformed by a full application of "face": foundation, rouge, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick...the works. Her perfume gave me an instant, mild headache around the temples and lingered for what felt like the entire afternoon.

My first, gut response was VaVaVaVoom, but she looked so unlike herself that, for just an instant, I thought she must have been someone else. She even had oversized earrings on and was carrying a purse (instead of the usual briefcase). All I had to do was give her a certain incredulous look for her to explain that, much as she hated it, she had to "play the game".

Cherrylips

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The only reason a woman would feel insecure is because she feels she is unattractive. So you can't really say is it 'this' or 'this', because they are the same thing. Women put make-up on because they are insecure that they aren't as beautiful as they can be without it.

I, personally, don't really ever put make up on. Maybe the odd eyeliner and that's it. But I don't understand why they would put it on for skin impurities (spots etc). They are completely natural and putting shit on them makes it worse.

I find these normal girls who put a shitload of cakey make-up on their face very offensive because there are people out there who have had bad experiences (got their face burnt or had an accident) and would feel *lucky* to have the odd pimple like them. I feel people should embrace natural beauty more or atleast find a balance.

Just my opinion :p

Last edited:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Cherry lips: YOU put on make up when YOU feel insecure that you don;t look as good without out it. Don't pin that same mindset on me and other women. It doesn't automatically apply across the board just because you say so. Read the fucking thread for other reasons why some of us like it. I resent being spoken for, especially when I already gave my reasons in this very thread. I need you speaking for me like I need a hole in the head.

Cherrylips

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Cherry lips: YOU put on make up when YOU feel insecure that you don;t look as good without out it. Don't pin that same mindset on me and other women. It doesn't automatically apply across the board just because you say so. Read the fucking thread for other reasons why some of us like it. I resent being spoken for, especially when I already gave my reasons in this very thread. I need you speaking for me like I need a hole in the head.

Read my post again,

Just my opinion :p

Whatever I said is what I thought. Read what was asked in the beginning of this thread, the person was asking everyone. To get a range of answers, from all women. Not so one woman can come in with all the answers and jot them down and that's it, she's right and she knows it all. What I say about myself or others is always my opinion, whether that's in a personal context or not. And that's why everyone has the right to say them and to defend them. There's no need to attack me, you can correct me and tell me your opinion on make-up.

basically my view of make up makes women look better by covering up pimples or marks but my question is is it to attract people and become desirable or is it to cover up something on the face your insecure about

This person never asked about you personally, this person was talking about their view and asked a general question. I was saying that the question "is it to attract people and become desirable or is it to cover something up on the face" was asking something that came hand in hand. A person would only cover something up on their face because they don't want it to be seen and don't like it there, and they don't like it there because they feel insecure that it is unattractive. I was emphasising that what he was asking had no difference. I never said that is the sole reason women wear it.

Last edited: