women serious question...make-up: big dick attracter or insecurity cover up?

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I havent read the string...but is this really a serious question?

I mean....big dick attractor(spelling fixed)?

Really? So...guys with big dicks are attracted by hot women more than regular dick dudes?

Really?

the original poster isn't saying that at all. he is talking about make-up and why women wear it. pretty far off base from what you got from the title alone, so maybe next time it'd be good to read through the OP & a little of the thread first just to get an idea.

Women put make-up on because they are insecure that they aren't as beautiful as they can be without it.

the very few times in my life i have applied make-up have not been from insecurity, as i am not genuinely insecure about the way i look at all. i like the way it looks on those extremely rare occasions, that's pretty much it.

i think if you read through AE's posts about why she wears make-up you'll find more evidence that not all women wear make-up out of insecurity.

Last edited:

overly_straight

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think "insecurity" is an over-simplification. The (somewhat harsh) reality is that while some lucky women look stunning without makeup, others get a big boost in attractiveness from wearing it.

It becomes a case of feeling like they can't do without that boost, and I think it's unfair to call that insecurity.

Cherrylips

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
the original poster isn't saying that at all. he is talking about make-up and why women wear it. pretty far off base from what you got from the title alone, so maybe next time it'd be good to read through the OP & a little of the thread first just to get an idea.

the very few times in my life i have applied make-up have not been from insecurity, as i am not genuinely insecure about the way i look at all. i like the way it looks on those extremely rare occasions, that's pretty much it.

i think if you read through AE's posts about why she wears make-up you'll find more evidence that not all women wear make-up out of insecurity.

I wasn't stating that women put it on because of that. Oh my god, I was explaining how the QUESTION was asking the SAME thing. I was not explaining WHAT reasons women put make up on. It has nothing to do with why women put it on, I was linking the two things the OP asked. Being insecure about a spot and putting make up on to look attractive are the SAME thing, and thats ALL I was trying to say. I was not 'answering' the question.

Cherrylips

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You read our post again. Note your wording. And in the future, perhaps speak only for yourself, without grandiose over-generalizations, as if millions of people can fit into your minuscule box.

I was in no way speaking for everyone. The first thing that I was saying was NOT my answer, I was picking out the question from the OP and showing him that what he was asking was the exact same thing. Being insecure about a spot, and wearing it to look pretty are the SAME thing. I wasn't answering for all the women all over the world. I was saying how being insecure and wanting to look pretty are the same thing. I'm sorry it is confusing. I was just trying to show OP that the question was invalid because both options had no difference. But I didn't answer to the question "Why do women wear it", I was just picking out from the text.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I was saying how being insecure and wanting to look pretty are the same thing.

Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. I do not think reveling in a sense of prettiness equates to insecurity that may cause someone to cover up a blemish. We can get a sense of prettiness from many places -- a nice dress that flatters us, a certain colored lip gloss, a particular hair style that flatters our face shape. I don't really see how choosing a flattering shade of lip gloss (or any of those other things) stems from insecurity.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. I do not think reveling in a sense of prettiness equates to insecurity that may cause someone to cover up a blemish. We can get a sense of prettiness from many places -- a nice dress that flatters us, a certain colored lip gloss, a particular hair style that flatters our face shape. I don't really see how choosing a flattering shade of lip gloss (or any of those other things) stems from insecurity.

I hate make-up on my face. I've tried it and FAILED!!! I have to wash my face within the hour:eek: It just feels so gross.

However, I LOVEEEEE lip gloss/ carmex/ chapstix/ lip balm, I have bought tons of flavors. I buy it because I want it, I like the way my lips feel and I like the taste. If I don't like the taste I chunk it. The way I like my lips to taste and feel have absolutely nothing to do with men or attracting them. It's a personal preference.

Vainglorious

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
basically my view of make up makes women look better by covering up pimples or marks but my question is is it to attract people and become desirable or is it to cover up something on the face your insecure about? no disrespect meant its just a man trying to understand women and how they work all thoughts appreciated
depends on the woman. i don't wear a lot of greasepaint, or at least not in any bright shade; and have heard many times how surprised people are that i wear it at all. that's my goal - to look like myself, only better. i don't want people noticing the makeup unless it's on purpose for a special occasion, like black pinup eyeliner and red lipstick. from what i can tell, most men i've dated, having never worn makeup themselves, only are aware that they like the effect, and usually can't distinguish that it's the makeup that is enhancing it. it's for myself that i wear it, and if a person whose face is otherwise tolerably healthy and decently even-textured is so insecure that they can't be seen without it... well, at least for me, i know whenever i become like that it's an emotion/insecurity problem.

xDANAx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How does wearing makeup make someone insecure compared to other ways we modify our appearances to be more aesthetically pleasing to ourselves and attract others? If you get your eyebrows waxed, and you don't wear any makeup, you are still not presenting your "natural" face. if you cut and dye your hair, you are changing your appearance. And unless you walk around naked everywhere, you present yourself a certain way with the clothes you choose to put your body in.

So for example, if a woman is wearing dark denim jeans that make her thighs look smaller are you going to criticize her and call her insecure for wearing something that is flattering to her body? Perhaps she should go out in a miniskirt so everyone can see her cellulite? So what's wrong with wearing makeup if it enhances your beauty?

Honestly, i think this thread is stupid as fuck. I have worked in the cosmetic industry for almost 10 years. If you don't want to wear makeup, don't do it then, and stop complaining about people who do. If you aren't attracted to women who wear makeup, then leave us alone, and men, NEVER try to convince us to wear less makeup.

And lastly, I am not insecure in ANY way about my face or skin.

Cherrylips

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Wow I had not thought of it that way before. People talked about this in the PE thread as well saying that it's not always because of insecurity but just to improve or highlight what you already have (and like!), for example when people go to the gym, etc. Thank you.

D_Edwin Eatser

Sexy Member
Media
Can't say I like women with lots of make-up, but made-up eyes always get me very interested. But here used to be a fashion in the 80s for females to rouge their cheekbones to simulate a sexual flush, that always used to get me heading for the ones made up that way. Anybody still do that to their cheekbones these days?

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't usually wear make-up unless I'm going out on the town or trying to snag a new client. Yes, I will stoop to that, but as my Mum says "use what you got." Before you get ideas, I'm a home designer and interior decorator so I work with a lot of contractors, etc. Those clients, ok?

As for my avatar, that was a Halloween party, so I'm really done up. However, I do use eye shadow and a curler. Never mascara. Hate it. Oh, and eyeliner sometimes. But that's about it.