Women staring at men's feet.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why do women look at men's feet? I mean this as a serious question. (Not the old does "shoe size equal endowment" bull,) I know that's a myth.

Seriously, I notice the nurses looking down at my feet when I visit my mom at the nursing home. Why do women do that?

One of them told me that I needed to get mom some rubber soled shoes.
They are afraid she would slip and fall with those orthopedic leather soled shoes. I jokingly said, "I could give her my boots, they have rubber soles".
That nurse said, without even glancing down, "you could just give her one, and she could put both feet in it". She had already checked out my boots.
I am just curious as to why women do this.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It was explained to me that gals are sizing up your wealth and status more than your size.

Nice shoes, well scrubbed and polished as appropriate, etc...signals of a successful man who takes pride in his appearance and has his shit together.

Beat-up sneakers...well, you do the math.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It was explained to me that gals are sizing up your wealth and status more than your size.

Nice shoes, well scrubbed and polished as appropriate, etc...signals of a successful man who takes pride in his appearance and has his shit together.

Actually, that does make sense. I never thought of that. I know it's not about size. I have never believed that.

Aitch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why do women look at men's feet? I mean this as a serious question.

I tend to check-out footwear, though not on a 'wealth & staus' level. It's the grooming thing for me. As a regular weekly shoe-polisher & carer (I keep a close eye on heels etc & take them to be re-soled whenever necessary), I do notice if others are well cared for. That goes for fingernails as well, by the way.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I tend to check-out footwear, though not on a 'wealth & staus' level. It's the grooming thing for me. As a regular weekly shoe-polisher & carer (I keep a close eye on heels etc & take them to be re-soled whenever necessary), I do notice if others are well cared for. That goes for fingernails as well, by the way.

Ditto. I have no idea about mens shoe brands or styles; but I will notice if a mans shoes are scuffed and raggedy looking.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Same here, I think subconsciously we equate his attitude to his footwear to his attitude to life, if his shoes are neat, well polished, well presented then he's going to be a good guy, if his shoes are worn down, and scruffy I think he's a slob.

I also do this with nail polish, it makes me shudder seeing a woman wearing chipped nail varnish, it just looks so tacky and slovenly.

Nice nails Aitch.

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always look at what men have on their feet, sometimes before I look at anything else, always before the bulge or arse.

I usually look at eyes, smile, shoes , in that order :tongue:

It rarely fails me as a sign of a guy who takes pride in himself and is my kinda guy when he has on some cool shoes which match his pants:biggrin1:

xx
Honey

Aitch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Same here, I think subconsciously we equate his attitude to his footwear to his attitude to life, if his shoes are neat, well polished, well presented then he's going to be a good guy, if his shoes are worn down, and scruffy I think he's a slob.

I also do this with nail polish, it makes me shudder seeing a woman wearing chipped nail varnish, it just looks so tacky and slovenly.

Nice nails Aitch.

Thanks SP.

Chipped nail varnish is just so naff! And, unnesessary...

I concur about the attitude thing too!

Look at women and shoes. They notice not only what men wear but other women wear too. Shoes are a big deal to women and one of the areas I'm sadly inattentive.

"You didn't notice my new shoes!!"

Hell, for all I know women wear Hefty bags on their feet. My line of sight generally ends at the knees.

Uh, that said, I did go out and buy a pair of Gucci loafers for a 40th birthday present to myself. :cool222:

mattyacht

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Once I had a gal tell me she had a foot fetish. If a guy has ugly toes or if his feet aren't clean and well groomed, she didn't have a thing to do with him. There is nothing worse than to get scratched by a long big toe nail.
YUUUUUUUCK!!! To this day I get pedicures. I don't care how effiminent it looks. The term toe cheese and that nasty yellow fungus is absolutely REVOLTING!!!!

bigboy9239

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

believe me, well taken care of shoes say lot about a man....to a woman....