Women Who Don't Like Sex - Why & How?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I think the infidelity rate is estimated at about 50% for both men and women, and the divoce rate is at 60% for those getting married now within five years.

The women described in the OP really do piss me off. Their attitude to their husband's sexual needs is arrogant and patronising. I know it also works the other way which is why I posted about my friend, but I get the impression that it is more common for women to behave like this. Maybe sometimes there is a medical or hormonal reason which is understandable, but they still shouldn't patronise their partners.

If you get married in a church, don't you swear to honour your partner with your body? So if you don't you are breaking your marriage vows before your husband goes off and fucks the babysitter, or your wife fucks the pool guy.

I agree with you HM, the current marriage structure allows one partner to strangle the other's sexual needs without any downside. It just doesn't work for what I see as being the fluidity of sexuality. Equally though I don't see how kids of 18 can have any idea of what it's all about.

Just my rant for the day. :smile:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've thought of this too, which would make me hesitant to get married. The problem in my case would be if my sex drive is a lot higher than my husband's. I don't see the opposite occuring unless I had physical health problems, in which case I would tell him to seek out a lover. I know that if I was unable to satisfy his needs, he shouldn't have to suffer. And I'd expect the same in return if he had health problems that got in the way as well.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with you HM, the current marriage structure allows one partner to strangle the other's sexual needs without any downside. It just doesn't work for what I see as being the fluidity of sexuality. Equally though I don't see how kids of 18 can have any idea of what it's all about. :smile:

Totally! Maybe that's why divorce rates are so much lower for people (especially women) who marry in their mid-20s or later.

* sigh *

* stumbles off to kitchen... let's see... where's that ice cream?! :biggrin1:

Act2_Begins_Now

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
She still loves him and enjoys their lifestyle together.

So the husband became like one of the ladies in the OP? Unacceptable, unless there is a health reason. I am sorry but I dont think people just lose their drive if at once things were good. And to heck with good, when you marry it should be mind blowing ... anything less is settling. How sad is that?

She loves him and likes their lifestyle, so while she is out boning another men but spending his money. Does she buy lingerie with her husband's money to be with her lovers? Its wrong.

And I realize how absolutely hypocritical this could appear on the surface considering my desire to find an open relationship. The difference is that I am actively pursuing men who have the same ideals. I am upfront with my desires.

Switch and bait is just wrong. Wrong for my aerobic ladies, wrong for the husband and wrong for the wife.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just for the record Act2, she is the main bread winner.

Then why the hell isn't she in MY house?! (Just kidding!)

Actually, that's very interesting. I've been the main bread winner too... do you think there's a correlation between ability to earn bread and sexual appetite?

And if so, does that partially explain two thousand years of submission, where women were NOT permitted to work (except as servants, nannies, teachers, and occasionally as a humble clerk)...

In other words, maybe women were PREVENTED from being able to "compete" with men as breadwinners, just so that women wouldn't get sexually "uppity"???

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Then why the hell isn't she in MY house?! (Just kidding!)

Actually, that's very interesting. I've been the main bread winner too... do you think there's a correlation between ability to earn bread and sexual appetite?

And if so, does that partially explain two thousand years of submission, where women were NOT permitted to work (except as servants, nannies, teachers, and occasionally as a humble clerk)...

In other words, maybe women were PREVENTED from being able to "compete" with men as breadwinners, just so that women wouldn't get sexually "uppity"???

I've been the main bread winner too.

I now am hoping not to be since I am unemployed more than half of the time. Of course, I'd like to change that to be gainfully employed again. I did get a raise at my temp job though - didn't find out about it until today! Yay! I don't know how much of a raise it is, though. Hopefully I can find a guy with a decent job too, but I usually get the unemployed or underemployed guys.

I usually dated men who made less money than me. Even when I made minimum wage I dated a guy who made less than me! :eek: That's because I worked for 37.5 hours a week for minimum wage (they didn't want to get us up to 40 hours a week because they didn't want to have to provide us with any health insurance or anything - the tightwads! :mad: ), and he worked 15 hours a week for minimum wage.

And yeah, I'm definitely sexually "uppity". :biggrin1:

DeepCurve

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The magic goes away. It's an old story, but still a sad one.

I suspect that the root cause of the problem is that we humans remain far more prisoners of our biology than we generally like to think. For a male, simply getting his dick into as many women as possible is, from a biological standpoint, a perfectly valid reproductive strategy. It's a diversification / shotgun approach. And in all honesty, I think we guys need to admit that a whole lot of traditional male behavioral traits, including the drive to achieve success, wealth, fame, power, etc., are actually aimed at becoming an "alpha male" with greater access to females. (Just ask Bill Clinton, or any male rock star. :wink:)

But for a woman, the shotgun approach does nada. She can only get pregnant once at a time, regardless of how many sex partners she has. While life in 21st century developed societies is quite "safe" -- in an immediate survival sense -- for a pregnant woman without a man, our sexual behaviors evolved in a very different, much more primitive world. One in which a woman who found herself pregnant without a mate on hand to help protect and support her and her offspring, could very possibly lose her baby, her life, or both. This in turn explains the natural reluctance of women to have sex with a man until they have confirmed, through various testing behaviors, that he really loves her and is committed to her.

Biology has programmed men, but not women, for casual sex. We can talk about religion, culture, sociology, customs, mores, values, and the like until we are blue in the face, but the basic underpinning seems to me dictated more by biological instincts than by conscious choice. Today's 21st century humans can and often do choose to go against their instinctual programming. But the existence of Sex and the City does not automatically erase milennia of deeply implanted sexual tendencies and behaviors.

Today it is customary to revile and mock Victorians, Puritans, and their ilk as famous and laughable prudes. But consider: as late as 100 years ago, life expectancy was about 50, and only half that long for women. Why? Because women had a significant chance of dying from childbirth or its complications, and the more times they rolled the dice with their next pregnancy, the greater the overall chance of death. So chaperones and chastity belts shouldn't surprise us, really. The stakes truly were a matter of life and death.

It is better for the gene pool if people reproduce with different partners. The natural length of relationship attraction has been determined by anthropologists to lie somewhere between 4 and 7 years. About the length of time it takes to raise a child to where it is weaned, can speak, and to some extent fend for itself. After that time, other potential partners start to look attractive -- the curse of the famous "seven year itch."

IMO the simple fact is that human beings are not meant to mate for life, and the only reason why this "till death do us part" stuff got to be such a social ideal, is because lives were so short when it developed. You got married at 15 and had kids right away, in the hope that if you were lucky you'd live to see your children get married when they were 15, before you died. Death was sure as hell gonna part you, and soon.

In 2006, for the first time it became true that more American women were living without a husband than with one. Social conservatives cite this as evidence, as they always do, that the world's morality is going to hell in a handbasket. Surely such wickedness must mean that the End Days are upon us. :rolleyes:

Bull. The true cause of the "problem" is that in the past century life expectancies have gone from the low 50's to the low 80's. Which gives everyone like 30 more years to spend with their spouse. Egad, no wonder the divorce rate is so high. :tongue:
Sadly, many of the rest who do not divorce are doubtless, just like Meatloaf, "praying for the end of time."

And hold onto your hats: in about another 20-25 years, engineered negligible senescence will be upon us. Which means aging will become purely a lifestyle choice. The resulting social chaos will surely be immense. Marriage is almost as likely to be a casualty as retirement.

But people will, of course, continue to desire relationships. It is the expectation of life-long permanence in those relationships that is the anachronism. The sooner people jettison that anachronism the less pain and suffering they will need to endure. I can remember when poor old Elizabeth Taylor was excoriated for her practice of "serial monogamy." It strikes me as ironic that she may someday be regarded as a pioneer. :biggrin1:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This previous post gets into my hot button, so I'm not going to respond...I have some of my own issues there.

However, I will say, I really like sex and enjoy a variety of men when I can find them! :tongue: Not sure why I have so much difficulty, but I do. Funny that the women who don't like sex can find men, but women who are sex mad as I am and would be considered "slutty" by society if I had the opportunity, can't find them!

I'm not sure I was ever meant to be monogamous.

Act2_Begins_Now

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

In 2006, for the first time it became true that more American women were living without a husband than with one. Social conservatives cite this as evidence, as they always do, that the world's morality is going to hell in a handbasket.

My mind is being read! The what it takes to be a man thread and these snippets. I have been wanting to post on the emasculation of the male species. Well maybe not species, but definately in America. I must ponder and gather thoughts to get this new thread going.

Act2_Begins_Now

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act2_Begins_Now

I am sorry but I dont think people just lose their drive if at once things were good.

I don't understand this sentence.

If at once things were good, great, incredible, etc. unless there are health problems (which could include physical and/or emotional) I don't understand and/or believe it can just go away.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
If at once things were good, great, incredible, etc. unless there are health problems (which could include physical and/or emotional) I don't understand and/or believe it can just go away.

I suppose it can get tiresome looking for good/great/incredible again, if the person with whom it was good/great/incredible is no longer accessible. And good/great/incredible can be the product of circumstances as well as persons, IMO.

That's one way that a lack of interest in sex could manifest itself, it seems to me.