Women who don't really like other women.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You honestly don't think that a woman is capable of breaking down a man through emotional manipulation and emasculation the way a physically abusive man can break down a woman? Men's egos are more fragile than women's - if anything it should be easier - attack his masculinity and all you have left is the body of a man, but the mind of a little, dependent child. Quite sad really, not horseshit at all.

What I'm saying is that there are physical and there are emotional ways of breaking someone down. Men predominantly use the physical, women predominantly use the emotional. Both methods achieve the same results.

Psychologists consider emotional abuse to be just as damaging as physical or sexual abuse.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You honestly don't think that a woman is capable of breaking down a man through emotional manipulation and emasculation the way a physically abusive man can break down a woman? Men's egos are more fragile than women's - if anything it should be easier - attack his masculinity and all you have left is the body of a man, but the mind of a little, dependent child. Quite sad really, not horseshit at all.

What I'm saying is that there are physical and there are emotional ways of breaking someone down. Men predominantly use the physical, women predominantly use the emotional. Both methods achieve the same results.
yes.

i'm saying that women suffer that kind of abuse too, just as frequently as men, and that, no, it is not comparable with being, for example, raped.

men use the emotional methods just as frequently as women! sometimes alone and sometimes in combination with the physical.

they do not achieve the same results. the results have similarities.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
and the worry that one woman will become an arsehole doesn't effect your life in the same way as worrying that every man you meet could be secretly and planning on rape, that you aren't safe anywhere.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
and the worry that one woman will become an arsehole doesn't effect your life in the same way as worrying that every man you meet could be secretly and planning on rape, that you aren't safe anywhere.

I can't see that there is any difference in a woman thinking that all men are rapists and a man thinking that all women are gold digging slut bitches.

alwaysguessing

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The threat of emotional abuse is nothing compared to the threat of rape and physical abuse. I've been in relationships with women that hit me, withheld sex, insulted me in sensitive ways, ridiculed me in front of friends and strangers, took advantage of me financially, alienated me from my friends and family, and so on and so on. Throughout all of that I was comforted by the knowledge that I was both physically superior, as well as capable of a much higher earning potential. Those two factors meant that I was in control and free to change the situation whenever and however I desired.

I can't even comprehend what it would be like to be raped. Therefore I can't even comprehend the fear of it. I'm completely confident that I could outrun anyone who could overpower me, and I could overpower anyone who could outrun me. I've known what it was like to feel weak when I was younger, and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. Ultimately, there is nothing more valuable than physical power. Emotional abuse and manipulation, with no physical basis, exists only in your mind. You can exacerbate it or eliminate it at any time, by simply making a choice. When you are attacked by someone that is physically superior, you have no options. Even when threatened with abuse or rape, a woman's options are limited and relatively unreliable.

I personally think that women have it worse, though many men and women might disagree with me.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The threat of emotional abuse is nothing compared to the threat of rape and physical abuse. I've been in relationships with women that hit me, withheld sex, insulted me in sensitive ways, ridiculed me in front of friends and strangers, took advantage of me financially, alienated me from my friends and family, and so on and so on. Throughout all of that I was comforted by the knowledge that I was both physically superior, as well as capable of a much higher earning potential. Those two factors meant that I was in control and free to change the situation whenever and however I desired.

I can't even comprehend what it would be like to be raped. Therefore I can't even comprehend the fear of it. I'm completely confident that I could outrun anyone who could overpower me, and I could overpower anyone who could outrun me. I've known what it was like to feel weak when I was younger, and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. Ultimately, there is nothing more valuable than physical power. Emotional abuse and manipulation, with no physical basis, exists only in your mind. You can exacerbate it or eliminate it at any time, by simply making a choice. When you are attacked by someone that is physically superior, you have no options. Even when threatened with abuse or rape, a woman's options are limited and relatively unreliable.

I personally think that women have it worse, though many men and women might disagree with me.
i agree with you,

except to say that all those things must make it harder for the men who do become the victims of sex crimes.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK, change it to worrying.

I don't think that it is very well-advised to attempt to generalise how people react to abuse based upon their gender.
it's not the gender that changes the reaction,
it's the type of abuse that changes the reaction.

which is kinda obvious.

male victims of sexual abuse suffer as much as female victims.
the only difference there is that statistically more women are victims.

emotional abuse is a whole different issue, which effects both men and women, is equally damaging to both, but is not the fucking same as rape.

is it really that hard?

really?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i'm not sure which is weirder.

the inability to accept that male victims of sexual abuse exist when you make your calculations,
or the belief that verbal bullying is equal to rape.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
it's not the gender that changes the reaction,
it's the type of abuse that changes the reaction.

which is kinda obvious.

male victims of sexual abuse suffer as much as female victims.
the only difference there is that statistically more women are victims.

emotional abuse is a whole different issue, which effects both men and women, is equally damaging to both, but is not the fucking same as rape.

is it really that hard?

really?

I know women and have read about women who are effectively raped by their partners/husbands continually. They seem to have desensitised themselves to the act and actually internalise it to a contempt for the man. There are survival strategies for all types of abuse, some find it easier to survive some forms better than others. It isn't always the same for all people.

So sorry, I don't accept a blanket assessment that rape and worrying about rape is a whole different thing for everyone.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
gosh, i'm overwhelmed by your extensive knowledge on the subject :rolleyes: you really understand that pain!

i'm going to put you on ignore now before i break something.