Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
it really depends
I mean that's a bit like asking "skirts, feminine or slutty?"
and giving no information about the skirt
if the skirt leaves the bottom of your asscheeks hanging out whileyou are standing, it's trashy
if it's like ankle length and flowing it's feminine and classy...
same thing with a tattoo, need more information to really say anything

I did give more information ;)

And I'd never wear a skirt that was trashy. I don't even own one above my mid-thigh.

rubbernuts

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I consider tattoos are all about attracting attention, particularly a "mate". So one needs to consider if one's planned ink will attrace the RIGHT kind of attention. Design, size and placement together decide this.

Consider the way animals, especially some bird species, have bright colourings in perhaps only one gender, to attract their mate - who is often "boring brown".

I like women to have tattoos in, er "sexual play areas". So that's boobs, pantyline, etc. All these places can be easily covered in almost all situations. They'll also look better as the woman ages as they are out of the sun.

My pet hate is today's fad: chest pieces. Check out the skin on older women - the chest gets a lot of sun exposure over the years and by 40 is usually the most damaged skin. Imagine what a faded, blurry chest piece will look like 20 years down the track.

I recommend browsing the "Babes" section of Inked Nation:

The Worlds Largest Tattoo Community - InkedNation.com

Enjoy.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Me, I don't mind them, on the other tho, strategic tats can come off as excessive and unappealing. Inparticular, tittoos such as Belladonnas, and in recent months, full sleeve tats, like Tera Patrick got, which was really a diasppointment. 'Course, some backside tats can be good, so long as they're not entirely garish. I mean, looking at a woman's shapely ass with a spider web permanently emblazoned can get pretty apoplectic.

Kayden96

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It really depends on the tattoo and the body it goes on. Tramp stamps can be hot in that "you're a slut good for one thing" way, but I wouldn't want to settle down with one.

I hate women that get butterflies and flowers on their ankles. They get a tattoo the size of a quarter just to show off how "hip" they still are.

Some girls look absolutely covered in ink. There are a couple at my gym with full sleeves and I just can't keep my eyes off them.

I designed all my tattoos. They're going on my body and they're my expression. I don't want to walk in and pick something pretty off a menu like I'm ordering a damn hamburger.

I want to get a sleeve, but I have aspirations for semi professional work and don't like wearing a full sleeve shirt. (Actually, I can't find them long enough for my arm and thin enough for my waist.) So you also need to keep in mind how visible you want it.

Avoid: ankles and ass crack. Don't get: Stars, rainbows, butterflies, asian characters you can't read, and tribal arm bands.

cqguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it depends on the tattoo and the woman, if the combination works then I nearly always find them hot as hell! I have a number of tats, but my wife has none, but every now and then thinks about getting one and we go over the type of conversation that's in the thread so far: body change, meaning/sentiment of the design, placement and work impacts etc.

Is Kim Saigh the Kim from LA Ink?

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have none, but don't mind if they are small and discreet. a friend of mine just hates tramp stamps and they have been the "deal" breaker many a time for him.

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
Wow the first page has a lot of great advice/discussion on it! I think the lower back but off to the side is a great place for a tat.

There was a group of six of us that all got the same nerdy tat, and the two other girls in the group put theirs on the left and right sides of their backs. It's a place where you won't see it all the time, easy to show off, and even you will catch a glimpse of it sometimes. Mine's in the middle of my lower back*, and I often forget it's there!

Show us the pics when you get it! I'd love to see how it turned out. Getting only a couple of colours is a great idea too. I saw a crazy-coloured gecko tat look terrible after just a couple of months because the inks were fading at different rates.

*it's not a tramp stamp because the nerdiness of it is a huge turn off to even the nerdiest of men.

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh, my.. What a load of BS..

I'm all-over tattooed, and have worked in tattoo parlors since I was just 16 years old. I've seen the good, the bad and the horrible.

Tattoos are body-art; most people like art, but all prefer different mediums and artforms.

Make sure you carefully choose your artist - price should NEVER be the deciding factor, no exceptions. Good tattoos are never cheap, cheap tattoos are never good. Again, no exceptions. Your body should be your personal masterpiece, treat it as such; with utmost respect and care - put some thought into it. Not every tattoo has to have a story, as not every piece of art has to.

As far as fading and blurring goes, it al depends on a couple of factors, the most important beeing the artist - a good artist will know his trade, and will know what's right for your skin. Design's should be tattooable; the more detail, the bigger it probably has to be. Good inks and good techniques for your skintype will keep fading to a minimum as far as colour goes - there will always be a slight fading and it will never look exactly like when you just got it done, but I can show you plenty of tattoos over 15 years old that will look as if they have just been there a few years. As far as good greywork goes, it will mostly just get more beautifull as time goes by.

Get art, don't get something that will look 'hot'. Treat your body and artist with repect, and you'll be okay!

D_Leotols Toy

Experimental Member
Media
I've got a half sleeve of a scene from the book of Odysseus where Poseidon creates a hellish storm for Homer. with some turtles, seahorses and such :)

I hate when people make the comment, "But this guy said he'd do it for me real cheap!" and then they look at me like I'm crazy when I say I paid over a 1,000 including a tip for mine.

You get what you pay for and that's why mine looks so crisp and the colors are vibrant and well done. Like the above said, price is not of importance. This will be with you for life.

Tramp stamps just make me think "come target" I think the ankles and hips are good places for tattoos on ladies. I like tattoos to a minimal amount, nothing to crazy

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you kidding me? A thousand dollars for a halve sleeve? Thats nothing! Most better artist here will charge about 150/200 euro's an hour.. That would be about 200/270 dollars an hour. That's some cheap tattooing, dang!

D_Leotols Toy

Experimental Member
Media
That's why I said over a 1,000. The exact price I don't know. I just know the first half was close to 1,000 after tips. One side was done when I turned 18, the other side I just finished up a month ago. He hooked me up because I know a lot of the people in the shop and hes one of the most reputable artist in my small town. The point was it's ridiculous how cheap people want to be with something so permanent.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
95% of the time, not.
The other 5% of the time, meh.

Never seen a tattoo I'd call "hot".

I also think tattoos generally look better on guys.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
it's really dependant, it can take away from, or enhance, a womans beuaty so I can't just say flat out love it or flat out hate it

porter111

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't do it, it'll look like a tramp stamp, keep your body the way it was intended, you look fine as you are!

Porter

dirk2d

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If its something that means a lot to you and has a story behind it, then go for it. Its for you, not anybody else so who cares what other people think. :smile:

On the other hand, if you are concerned about the appearance and you want to make a statement I think positioning and style of tattoo are just as important as what you're getting done. Something like this is fucking hot! It follows the contours of her body to accentuate her curves and its not too big and dark that its a turn off, well for me at least.

Attachments

denton85

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Port Jefferson Station (New York, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
it depends, i find tattoos that compliment the already hot body/ body part HOT. Other wise i look at it as an artistic stand point. If it's an off the wall tattooo i think it's corny. If it's a custom made tattoo that has meaning behind it then i like it more for that reason. But it wont really effect the attractive level of a girl for me.