Women With Unrealistic Expectations, Let's Discuss

marriedasian

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
let me preface that my wife and i have very high expectations of each other in correlation to what we have to offer or am expecting. i'm in a constant state of bettering myself both mentally and physically and i do expect the same of my wife (as she is doing the same and expects the same of me too). we're not shy to tell each other when we see that the other is starting to slump or falling behind. we support and encourage each other to max out our own lives for ourselves and each other.

some of our friends and family think we're crazy and that we should just love each other for who we are (and we do, very much so) however there's always room to be a better version of yourself so we constantly strive for better. some people in our lives hate this about us and we've lost friends, as well as family, over this mindset.

i was talking to my niece last night at a family gathering and the subject of dating came up. she's only 23 and kept telling me about how she wants this and that and then some more in a man or she won't even consider them. after listening to all her demands, i politely asked her if she wanted all that, what did she have to offer or bring to the table? also, that if a guy was successful, had money, physically-fit, well-situated, and grounded... why would he even want her? the look on her face was priceless as it simply said "why wouldn't a guy want me?". i had to remind her that while she wasn't willing to look down at the "loser" guys... maybe these guys that she wants also aren't willing to look down at her too... our conversation ended shortly after this as she was not willing to fathom the idea of what i said. i did send my wife over to her later that day to correct her a bit and the wife reported that she thinks she got through more than i did but no promises...

so i perused youtube and found a really great video (below) that i posted up on my niece's facebook for her to see. i'm wondering what she will say in return. i love my niece and only want the best for her and do hope that she will come to her senses before it's too late.

i'm not endorsing this youtuber as this is the first time i've run into her however her talking points are very on-point with reality and one of the better videos on this subject.

Reactions: Gj816