Women, would you date a shorter guy?

Would you date a guy shorter than yourself?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D_lkjhgfdsa1234

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I apologize for my blunt response to the last poll but I would like a response to this poll. If you answer yes, you may write under what circumstance you would date a shorter guy. If not, list why not?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I've gone with 'no' - I can't actually remember the last time I met a guy shorter than myself. It must have happened a few times but I really don't ever remember, as an adult, being taller than a man. I'm 5' tall.

Really - the real answer is I don't know, but that isn't a poll option. I can't see a reason why there could not be a guy of 4'11, or less, out there who would be attractive to me - but he would also have to be attracted to me. The odds just seem fairly heavily against. :dunno:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I apologize for my blunt response to the last poll but I would like a response to this poll. If you answer yes, you may write under what circumstance you would date a shorter guy. If not, list why not?
I think the women who respond should also state how tall they are to add a frame of reference to their statements. FWIW, I'm 5'9" now.

When I graduated 8th grade I was 5'7" and out of a graduating class of 100 there were only 5 boys and one girl taller than me. We don't keep in touch but I still remember all their names. :tongue::rolleyes:

I voted, no. Not because I think men who are my height or shorter than myself are unattractive, but because I was always tall for my age and very self conscious about it. For years I wouldn't wear heels for fear of looking like some freakish, lanky Amazon. :redface: My not wanting to date someone shorter than me is about me and not him.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, absolutely. I'm just under 6' and usually date men barely my height or shorter. Ime, the height issue is usually the guys problem, not mine. :rolleyes: Some will actually argue that I am over 6' because they're holding onto being "5'10" or taller and are really 5'8-10".

I think the women who respond should also state how tall they are to add a frame of reference to their statements. FWIW, I'm 5'9" now.

When I graduated 8th grade I was 5'7" and out of a graduating class of 100 there were only 5 boys and one girl taller than me. We don't keep in touch but I still remember all their names. :tongue::rolleyes:

I voted, no. Not because I think men who are my height or shorter than myself are unattractive, but because I was always tall for my age and very self conscious about it. For years I wouldn't wear heels for fear of looking like some freakish, lanky Amazon. :redface: My not wanting to date someone shorter than me is about me and not him.
+1 for being one of the taller, if not tallest, girl in class - heck, life. :rolleyes:
But I like shorter men. I'm not seeking a shorter man, but if 5'8" or better, I date them without issue.

C'mon, NJ. Give the little guy a chance. :tongue:

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
Yes, absolutely. I'm just under 6' and usually date men barely my height or shorter. Ime, the height issue is usually the guys problem, not mine. :rolleyes: Some will actually argue that I am over 6' because they're holding onto being "5'10" or taller and are really 5'8-10".

+1 for being one of the taller, if not tallest, girl in class - heck, life. :rolleyes:
But I like shorter men. I'm not seeking a shorter man, but if 5'8" or better, I date them without issue.

No way, you're as tall as me!!

I'm 5'10" with boots on, 5'9" without. :redface:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To the OP, cute pics!
If I ever spot you on the N, A, 4, or 2, I'll pretend like I don't see you.
:tongue: :wink:
No way, you're as tall as me!!

I'm 5'10" with boots on, 5'9" without. :redface:
I have an inch on you in boots, short stuff... and I'm very into taking virginity these days. :biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, absolutely. I'm just under 6' and usually date men barely my height or shorter. Ime, the height issue is usually the guys problem, not mine. :rolleyes:
Some will actually argue that I am over 6' because they're holding onto being "5'10" or taller and are really 5'8-10".

God I hate that! That's exactly why I usually avoid shorter men. :12: I have actually had two such height liars push down on my head when I was standing up, as if that would make me shorter. :wtf1: :tongue:

Been there done that. My most recent fuckbuddy claimed to be 5'10" but when standing almost nose to nose he was closer to 5'8" if not 5'7". He was a fantastic lover, but I'm kinda glad we never actually dated.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry, I wouldn't date a guy shorter than myself. I have dated guys the same height or one or two inches taller. (I'm 5'6")

But if it feels like I'm hugging one of my kids, I get creeped out. No chemistry.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
6 to 5 though

and yes this poll is the fucking representation of the female population...like the whole thing...

:biggrin1:

Yeah, if you're a guy under 5' tall... well, sorry man, but you got the short end of the stick. :tongue:

Still, a shorter guy with a complex about it is going to be infinitely less attractive to a woman than a shorter guy brimming with confidence. :biggrin1:

jlr080281

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmm, maybe some women will date men shorter than themselves, but very few will marry one. There was a show about short men a month or so ago on TV, and about how short men are basically one of the only group of people still discriminated against in today's society that has made no progress at all.

Anyway, back to the point. They did a study of 800 married couples and in only one instance was the man shorter than the woman. Take what you want from that :p

psosandra

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm 5'9", my hubby is 5'8". Doesn't bother either of us, and he's secure enough he doesn't even mind me wearing heels. I dated a guy in college who was shorter than me, he hated it, wouldn't let me wear heels.